Horror PVP Matchmaking

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
desmshei

Re: Horror PVP Matchmaking

Post#11 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:51 pm

I am an independent Rank 14 near 15 and 31k+ medals

Tatooine: When you are there take your time and get 1-star plus's your loot. After you get to 10 attacks max, get out. Go Toa green world where you will less likely to attacked by l10s

Now since I'm not in a squad - 2 days, i have been attacked only once so that is an option

Finally, Karma just is. Big fish eat small fish and small fish eat smaller fish. So play hard but fair and you will succeed

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:38 am

PartylikeVader wrote:The rebel occupation on Tatooine is high. Level 8-10 rebels are getting matched with HQ5+ bases to compensate. This is similar to getting dev bases as imperials when populations are unbalanced.

The plus side to this is if you can land a revenge your opponent will have extra loot to plunder.

Yes. This is also Devs fault. In their minds: "While we don't have Rebels on greens or Hoth, let's give Dev bases for Imperials, it doesn't matter if those bases are maxed out level 10 and poor looting. Let's make them happy in not getting CNFOs like was on Windows...

But to compensate the lack of Imperial bases on Tatooine, let's help the Rebels without fill the game with hundreds of Imperial dev bases just putting all bases from HQ 4 to HQ 10 in the matchmaking range, and then Rebels can chose what they want to attack."

As Imperial I define the game as frustrating. I left my base HQ 9 sleeping on Hoth and guess what? For the whole night no Rebel came to attack me! When I come out for attack for EP, what I find? Dev bases. Only level 10 maxed out Dev bases... Same on Er Kit, and all greens. Dev bases. Level 10 Dev bases everywhere.

Okay, we all know all Rebels are hiden on Tatooine now. But if I go to Tatooine, 5 min after the logoff I am attacked by a big f***ing Rebel level 10 with 20 Jets, and maybe Kessen + Luga to snipe my SC and go out with 16h protection... If I am looting on Tatooine, what I find are big f**king Level 10 Rebel monsters full of GR, and 5 Desert Jets in SC.

And while as Rebel HQ9, HQ8 and HQ7 I can let my bases on Tatooine for hours or days and not be attacked. If I am attacked, high chances of more defenses won thanks to my GR and Jets. And what I find to attack for EPs in this Event is the same thing, doesn't matter what base I'm using, the rivals are like this, poor baby seals level 4 or 5:

Better for my HQ 9. I can whipe out these bases with 2 Jets + 2 TXs and 2 Ithorians for the shields, and my dekas to clean around, and then attack again, and again, and again.

If I'm in the Elite Crate Bonus, I can do 5 attacks for the 720 EPs in less than 12 minutes with my Rebel HQ9...12-15 minutes is what I need to attack again with my Imperial acc and I need more than 1 hour to do 5 attacks (suppose all are 3 stars) against level 10 dev bases on greens where I can use my AT-ACT because I'm not crazy to try EPs on Tatooine with the stupid eAT-AT or the die-fast Darth Vader...

Devs now are in love with Rebels, or what?
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 9/8 Rebel (in "Jedi'Masterz"/"Ewok_revenge" squads, join us!)

spootieho
Commodore

Post#13 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Boog wrote:Why did she log out after each attack?

She is casual/normal and has better things to do than stay tied to the game.

Allowing level 10's to crush level 5 and s at such a high frequency is going to scare casual people away from the game.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#14 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:31 am

spootieho wrote:
Boog wrote:Why did she log out after each attack?

She is casual/normal and has better things to do than stay tied to the game.

Allowing level 10's to crush level 5 and s at such a high frequency is going to scare casual people away from the game.

But 15 attacks an hour... if she walks away from the game and leaves it running, rather than logging out, that wouldn't happen.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

TNT
Major General

Post#15 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:52 am

spootieho wrote:Allowing level 10's to crush level 5 and s at such a high frequency is going to scare casual people away from the game.

This, with the high frequency part being key.

Methods of fixing this:
1: Restrict attack on HQ lvl, HQ-2 and HQ+2, like some other games do.
2: Remove planets to consolidate the playerbase.
3: Make attacking fun/worthwhile again so lower level targets are less interesting.

I feel like 2 and 3 are never going to happen.
2 because it would give off a signal that the game isn't healthy and thus deter newer players.
3 will never happen as it involves admitting that they made a massive mistake introducing the wildly unbalanced GR and their attempted fix (introducing the wildly unbalanced jets/jumps) only made things worse, which will piss off the players who worked so hard getting them.

Though really, I think they'll pick option 4. Do nothing while the hardcore whales keep throwing money at them to attack dev bases.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:25 am

TNT wrote:
spootieho wrote:Allowing level 10's to crush level 5 and s at such a high frequency is going to scare casual people away from the game.

spootieho and TNT - I agree - BUT - there is the opposite side of the coin...

IF you make SWC Events (one of games newest feature) - where you are seeing most of the Upper Level Players crushing Level 5's and Level 6's, "harder" to complete for Upper Level Players due to the increase time it will take to get enough EP for Objectives (since you will be restricted to attacking only Base near your HQ Level) resulting in less or no Elite Crates "possible" due to running out of time, then those "Veteran Players" whom are sticking around trying to find "fun" where they can will start disappearing even faster than they currently are.

The minor "loss" of Resources for Lower Level Players getting 3-Starred by Upper Level Players can be be relatively easily made back and the 16 Hour Protection given those Players also limits the "damage".

FROM MY EXPERIENCE: Most of the Bases I am 3-Starring in the current Event are Level 6 and when I look at my Battle Log most if not all are not in a Squad leading me to believe these are "developer bases" and are therefore not effecting the Lower Level Game Players much if at all.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#17 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:29 am

DeathStriker wrote:
TNT wrote:

spootieho and TNT - I agree - BUT - there is the opposite side of the coin...

IF you make SWC Events (one of games newest feature) - where you are seeing most of the Upper Level Players crushing Level 5's and Level 6's, "harder" to complete for Upper Level Players due to the increase time it will take to get enough EP for Objectives (since you will be restricted to attacking only Base near your HQ Level) resulting in less or no Elite Crates "possible" due to running out of time, then those "Veteran Players" whom are sticking around trying to find "fun" where they can will start disappearing even faster than they currently are.

The minor "loss" of Resources for Lower Level Players getting 3-Starred by Upper Level Players can be be relatively made back easily, and the 16 Hour Protection given those Players also limits the "damage".

FROM MY EXPERIENCE: Most of the Bases I am 3-Starring in the current Event are Level 6 and when I look at my Battle Log most if not all are not in a Squad leading me to believe these are "developer bases" and are therefore not effecting the Lower Level Game Players much if at all.

There is nothing good about crushing lower level bases.
DEV should add more high level dev bases on Tat to give the lower IMP some protection (cushion) against skewed match making caused by lack of high level IMPs on Tat.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#18 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:35 am

Good points.

Matchmaking on iOS/Android now is exactly how it was on WIndows, with level 9s and 10s crushing level 4s and 5s, due to the Devs stupidity. Together with the stupid matchmaking, we have players that:

1) build mini bases and don't improve defenses but only their attack to find easy rivals;
2) sandbaggings that no upgrade defenses to have low base score and find easy targets;
3) drop all their medals to find easy rivals;
4) as hardcore players or wallet warriors they have most of Armory equipments maxed out and have huge advantage over casual players;

My experience as Rebel with HQ9 (10k medals), HQ8 (9k medals) and HQ7 (17k medals), I'm finding the same rivals on Tatooine with any of my bases, and the matchmaking range goes from rivals with HQ4 to maxed out level 10 beasts. Most are level 6 but many have some armory equipment like turrets and buildings glowing what means they are real player bases.

It's a true self service: chose what you want: baby seals for easy EPs, or big whales for the great loot of your life. Giving 150 EPs for any 3-star attack is stupid if the game does not differentiate the level of the HQ attacked. This only encourages more attacks to these bases, and discourages beginner players to stay in the game.

One way to reduce attacks on these smaller bases by higher level players is to limit the amount of EPs received per level of the HQ attacked, like in conflicts. Lower HQs give fewer points for EPs. You can attack those bases but you will need to attack more level 5s to get the same amount of EP if you attack a base of your level or more EP if the base is above your level, for example.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 9/8 Rebel (in "Jedi'Masterz"/"Ewok_revenge" squads, join us!)

Harshit
Commodore

Post#19 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 am

As everyone is saying reb population is more on tat and players find low lvl bases , but I find my lvl8 reb base against lvl 10 monsters with GR and sc packed together.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Josketer
Lieutenant

Post#20 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:00 am

mkenobi wrote:
PartylikeVader wrote:The rebel occupation on Tatooine is high. Level 8-10 rebels are getting matched with HQ5+ bases to compensate. This is similar to getting dev bases as imperials when populations are unbalanced.

The plus side to this is if you can land a revenge your opponent will have extra loot to plunder.

Yes. This is also Devs fault. In their minds: "While we don't have Rebels on greens or Hoth, let's give Dev bases for Imperials, it doesn't matter if those bases are maxed out level 10 and poor looting. Let's make them happy in not getting CNFOs like was on Windows...

But to compensate the lack of Imperial bases on Tatooine, let's help the Rebels without fill the game with hundreds of Imperial dev bases just putting all bases from HQ 4 to HQ 10 in the matchmaking range, and then Rebels can chose what they want to attack."

As Imperial I define the game as frustrating. I left my base HQ 9 sleeping on Hoth and guess what? For the whole night no Rebel came to attack me! When I come out for attack for EP, what I find? Dev bases. Only level 10 maxed out Dev bases... Same on Er Kit, and all greens. Dev bases. Level 10 Dev bases everywhere.

Okay, we all know all Rebels are hiden on Tatooine now. But if I go to Tatooine, 5 min after the logoff I am attacked by a big f***ing Rebel level 10 with 20 Jets, and maybe Kessen + Luga to snipe my SC and go out with 16h protection... If I am looting on Tatooine, what I find are big f**king Level 10 Rebel monsters full of GR, and 5 Desert Jets in SC.

And while as Rebel HQ9, HQ8 and HQ7 I can let my bases on Tatooine for hours or days and not be attacked. If I am attacked, high chances of more defenses won thanks to my GR and Jets. And what I find to attack for EPs in this Event is the same thing, doesn't matter what base I'm using, the rivals are like this, poor baby seals level 4 or 5:

Better for my HQ 9. I can whipe out these bases with 2 Jets + 2 TXs and 2 Ithorians for the shields, and my dekas to clean around, and then attack again, and again, and again.

If I'm in the Elite Crate Bonus, I can do 5 attacks for the 720 EPs in less than 12 minutes with my Rebel HQ9...12-15 minutes is what I need to attack again with my Imperial acc and I need more than 1 hour to do 5 attacks (suppose all are 3 stars) against level 10 dev bases on greens where I can use my AT-ACT because I'm not crazy to try EPs on Tatooine with the stupid eAT-AT or the die-fast Darth Vader...

Devs now are in love with Rebels, or what?

True story , ever !!! :mrgreen:
Josketer, Officer from Argentina-501st ( 1rst Division )
Youtube channel : Josketer
Squad wars & PvP videos :mrgreen:
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks Level 50 ;)

Return to “General Discussions”