Perk Cost vs Payoff

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
crispyclone
Cadet Trooper

Perk Cost vs Payoff

Post#1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Has anyone done the math on perks related to alloy and credit generation? At a glance it seems worth it to spend an up front cost for higher yields over time.

What I'm curious about is what the ratios are. Is it 1:1 in terms of trading one resource for the other? Do you get more with the perk activated? If it's the latter it would make sense to stack every perk you could.

DeathStriker

Re: Perk Cost vs Payoff

Post#2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:10 pm

crispyclone wrote:Has anyone done the math on perks related to alloy and credit generation?

crispyclone - Most Veteran Players don't use Resource Generation Buff Perks as such with the exception being when a Perk for something desired also has a Resource Generation Buff like in the case of Hyperspace Shortcut for example.

Use of Resource Generation Buffs (Perks) is usually not worth the "cost" since you can earn more via PvP than you can by simply adding a "buff" so as such I am not sure anyone has bothered doing a "Cost-Benifit-Analysis" for them.

EXAMPLE:

• A Level 10 Credit Market earns Image 2,500 Credits per hour.
  • A Level 8 Hyperspace Shortcut applies a +18% Buff so for a Level 10 Credit Market that would be an increase of Image 450 Credits per hour per Credit Market - TIMES - 6 Markets = Image 2,700 Credits additional increase per hour above normal production.
  • Using just Hyperspace Shortcut (you could use others) you would net a total of Image 17,700 Credits per hour (using 6 Credit Markets) for a total of Image 212,400 Credits over 12 Hours (Max a Perk can remain "active")
You can quickly see that spending Image Alloy (in this case) for a "Buff" in Credit Production (in this case) is not really worth it as you can easily get more Credits in 1 hour doing PvP Attacks than 17,700 Credits that this single Perk would make in 1 hour, not to mention as for some Perks using up 1 of 5 max Perk Slots for up to 12 hours (Max).

Hope this answers your question.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 am

DS is right. Most do not use the perks for the payout, as the original question asks. Personally I used them when I was trying to dump enough credits or alloy to complete a daily looting goal. Before the new frag store, it was the best way to clear enough space in the vaults to open enough to get credit for the looting action. My squad is not high enough yet to have the hyperspace perk. I used to layer the perks to dump resources, finish the daily goal, and then log off for a while. When I came back, the combined loot plus the increased production usually had me back to where I was before dumping resources.

Since the frag store came online, I don’t think I’ve used perks at all. Better to dump resources into those to accelerate maxing the remaining advanced frags.
Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L35
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#4 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 am

There is an earlier thread dealing with this, it is on the older side, but still valid enough as far as I know.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=17942
Here you go.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Proud member and officer of The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:30 am

I use at times the contra boosters when I do not need them for other purposes, though often I forget about it for days on end. But this only applies as I do not need credits and alloy for other purposes anymore... usually I have enough for troops ;-)
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 am

The key point here is that resources are plentiful nowadays and there is really no need to use perk.

Love the new frag store which allows me to trade extra resources for frags. Dumping resources for 6 turret frags is ...grrrrrrrrrrr8 ! (just have to remember to not buy the 7th one, lol).

geoman48
Major General

Post#7 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 pm

FWIW: Here's the main thing I use the alloy generation perks for. BEFORE opening squad war victory crates, I generally use all 3 alloy generation perks to lower the amount of credits I have. Reason being is that 75% (maybe more) of victory crates give me MILLIONS of credits. One of my L10 bases has zero needs for credits. So, rather than "waste" the credits I have if I get a 6M credits victory crate, I'll activate the alloy generation perks. They don't do much, but better than wasting credits that just disappear when you open a victory crate.

Return to “General Discussions”