PvP Matchmaking - Crazy and Unbelievable Matches

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Post#1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Have you ever been Matched with a Honorable Opponent (not a Developer Base) which is nearly impossible for your Level to compete against - or - perhaps you were Matched with a Honorable Opponent (not a Developer Base) that is so weak that you could fully destroy Base using only 1 Units - WELL....

Welcome to the crazy and unbelievable PvP Matchmaking found in Star Wars Commander. :D
Post below (if you wish) your "experiences" and other comments both Pro and Con...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Re: PvP Matchmaking - Crazy and Unbelievable Matches

Post#2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:34 pm

MY RECENT CRAZY MATCH: (Battle Skipped)

1. ME - Rebel Faction

• IGN: Death Striker
    • Squad: Death_Striker
    • HQ Level: 4
    • Base Strength: 653
    • Medals: 10100
  2. HONORABLE OPPONENT - Empire Faction

• Opponent IGN: Droid
    • Opponent Squad: FoxAndFurious
    • HQ Level: 10 :o
    • Base Strength: 708
    • Medals: 7656
SCREENSHOTS:

PvP Matchmaking - Rebel HQ 4 Matched With Empire HQ 10
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Empire HQ 10 - Honorable Opponent - Base
(Click here to view LARGER image)

One wonders what Upper Level "nasties" lay awaiting in the Level 10 SC... :roll:

SithVicious
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Why did you skip? ... And why 10 k meds with a lvl 4??? ...

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:54 pm

SithVicious wrote:Why did you skip? ... And why 10 k meds with a lvl 4??? ...

SithVicious ...

1. Skipped because of Attack Loadout at time and uncertainty of SC Units

(Any? Yes/No? ... possible 40 UC)
  2. Skipped because it was during Questionable Cargo (Rogue One #3) Event and I needed EP.
  3. Death Striker is Leader of Death_Striker and my 3rd Account.
Hope that answers your questions...

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:24 pm

I'm seeing that you've never played SWC on Windows, DS... If you'd played like me and many here for years, you'd have that same experience multiplied. While I was Rebel and I left Tatooine for Hoth, my first planet unlocked, my base level 5 was combined with hell beasts level 9 and 10 maxed out (I'm not talking about minis but full bases), and had to attack anyway for the great loot and to try to add 1 more out of 20 stars (yes, 20) to get out of that hell and back to Tatooine, where matchmaking was less stupid, but even there, levels 5 or 6 did not escape being attacked by level 9 or 10 beasts.

The thing was less bad on Android, when I started my Rebel base almost 2 years ago, but since some time ago, the criterion used by the Devs only worsened the combination of results, and for this Event it is not being different from what was for past events.

Currently, my Rebel base level 9 is being combined with baby bases level 6 and 7 and some sandbags level 9 with defenses level 4-5, while my Rebel base level 8 is being combined with maxed out levels 10 all the time. The only base that is currently being matched with bases of the same level is my mini base level 7, while it is a mini (746 of BS) and 14k medals, the high amount of medals outweighs the low BS and is offering rivals of my level, which is easy get 3 stars because my attack is strong and my armory is well fitted.

Another thing that is interfering in matchmaking is the large amount of minis with extremely low BS and high quantity of medals. I see this every day in wars with my Rebel squad. More and more players are realizing that they can manipulate matchmaking by controlling the strength of their defenses and the amount of medals, regardless of their HQ level and the strength of their attack and equipment in Armory.

I myself have been testing various combinations of base strength and medals for the last months to try to understand the matchmaking and try to control my enemy levels, but honestly I believe that the Devs have thrown out all the algorithms used for matchmakings and after the introduction of this Event system, everyone is being combined with players 3-4 levels above and 3-4 levels below, and save yourself if you can....
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial on vacation!
Level 9/8/7 Rebel player in "Solo's_Band" Level 50 Squad (Join us and war everyday!)

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 pm

mkenobi wrote:I'm seeing that you've never played SWC on Windows, DS...

... honestly I believe that the Devs have thrown out all the algorithms used for matchmakings and after the introduction of this Event system, everyone is being combined with players 3-4 levels above and 3-4 levels below, and save yourself if you can....

mkenobi - No I never played on Windows (as I am a Mac User) and have only had iOS Devices.

While my Max HQ 10 Account is enjoying the HQ 6 Bases to munch on while EP Grinding and Elite Crate Chasing, I too believe that Matchmaking should be based upon HQ Level first followed by "other" Factors.

But the current MM is what it is, so "horror stories" and "outright laughter" about what Players experience will continue...

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#7 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:44 pm

I've only had these kind of matches on Tat. Every other planet is 99% 1-level difference for me.
Tat has only changed in the last month or so as well. My HQ9 base matched a HQ 4 or 5 (it's been so long since I've seen that level, I couldn't tell) a couple of days ago. Needed EP....sorry.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:18 pm

mkenobi wrote:I'm seeing that you've never played SWC on Windows, DS... If you'd played like me and many here for years, you'd have that same experience multiplied. While I was Rebel and I left Tatooine for Hoth, my first planet unlocked, my base level 5 was combined with hell beasts level 9 and 10 maxed out (I'm not talking about minis but full bases), and had to attack anyway for the great loot and to try to add 1 more out of 20 stars (yes, 20) to get out of that hell and back to Tatooine, where matchmaking was less stupid, but even there, levels 5 or 6 did not escape being attacked by level 9 or 10 beasts.

The thing was less bad on Android, when I started my Rebel base almost 2 years ago, but since some time ago, the criterion used by the Devs only worsened the combination of results, and for this Event it is not being different from what was for past events.

Currently, my Rebel base level 9 is being combined with baby bases level 6 and 7 and some sandbags level 9 with defenses level 4-5, while my Rebel base level 8 is being combined with maxed out levels 10 all the time. The only base that is currently being matched with bases of the same level is my mini base level 7, while it is a mini (746 of BS) and 14k medals, the high amount of medals outweighs the low BS and is offering rivals of my level, which is easy get 3 stars because my attack is strong and my armory is well fitted.

Another thing that is interfering in matchmaking is the large amount of minis with extremely low BS and high quantity of medals. I see this every day in wars with my Rebel squad. More and more players are realizing that they can manipulate matchmaking by controlling the strength of their defenses and the amount of medals, regardless of their HQ level and the strength of their attack and equipment in Armory.

I myself have been testing various combinations of base strength and medals for the last months to try to understand the matchmaking and try to control my enemy levels, but honestly I believe that the Devs have thrown out all the algorithms used for matchmakings and after the introduction of this Event system, everyone is being combined with players 3-4 levels above and 3-4 levels below, and save yourself if you can....

Doubt if match making algorithm has changed.
It’s the EP requirement that caused players to move to the planets which gave them the best chance of getting max points using least effort. Add on to that, classic unit frags are not very interesting for active players so they don’t even care about winning defense

Return to “General Discussions”