Mini Squads on KSoD Removed

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Poene
Commodore

Re: Mini squads on Ksod

Post#11 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:05 am

Alright Spock, thank you for taking the time to write this down. I believe the decision was just and fair. A

I found that these squads are still in the database but their ranks have been set to 0 and their war records/player data are not being updated anymore. For instance Skeleton-Crew:
http://ksod.us/squad/7be5402e-2310-11e7 ... dd/history

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 am

Spock wrote:Hi guys.
Just wanted to clear up a few points on this topic.

The issue..
Some squads have been gaming the system to take advantage of how the squad wars ranking site works. They manipulate things with the sole purpose of climbing the ranks on KSOD. Thus ruining the integrity of the site. It’s not perfect but we do try our best to give it some credibility.
These squads have been sequestered from the site rankings for the time being.

Spock - Thanks for taking time to post a comprehensive update for the KSoD Website. :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 am

Let's not confuse a mini for a permanently sandbagged Mini.
Mini: a lower-level secondary account that is developed.
Sandbagged mini: a base with two turrets, no Shields, a base score around 600 with a headquarters of 8 or more. This kind of Base will face entry-level opposition. It's a weak way to play and they don't deserve a position on any leaderboard. That is why they have been removed.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

erfs
Captain

Post#14 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:44 am

Forceisweaknyou: I think that's a good distinction to make.

While my secondary Rebel l7 (L8 in a week) base is a mini base, I do not feel like I'm sandbagging.

My base score is quite a bit reduced (808 according to KSOD) but what I have I usually upgrade to the highest level, I just have less, especially for items that greatly increase the base score.
- Two L7 shields instead of three
- Six turrets (4 at L7, 2 at L6)
- only one trap at L7, and honestly having none would be better but since I have it I upgrade it.
- Squad center at L3

Thanks to guard reserve, I am doing pretty well on defense and the squad center troops are also sufficient.

I do usually go up either against weaker L7 or regular L6. Have not seen true sand baggers (what you described earlier) but there were different types, some with one very strong shield, some with none but GR, others with two turrets at max level....

Then there are those that do it really wrong - have a high level hq and all the shields and turrets you can have but at level 1 or two....

barnabilopez
Storm Trooper

Post#15 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:44 am

hei Arni
I found another disgusting mini squad, men =
http://ksod.us/squad/a7c49d4a-1bb9-11e8 ... 1a/members

erase and protect the integrity!!!! (unless they are another friend of yours like corpsbrinters) and "play for fun"
hehe

Midge
Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 am

Dude, they are ranked like 4000th ... no one gives a shit.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#17 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Spock, thanks for taking the time to post a detailed response to the KSOD change. It's appreciated.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#18 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Personally I think anyone that doesn't build multiple structures to intentionally keep their base score low (like shield, turrets, traps), to get better match ups for attack and defense, is sandbagging. Is that against the rules, no. Is it sandbagging, for sure.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

SithVicious
Lieutenant

Post#19 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 am

I can understand the approach of barnabilopez. He meant German-Beginner should not have been removed ( I think they were ranked 6). These guys all have a normal basescore for their level, they are not sandbaggers! They just use the MM system, by dropping their medals .... no idea if this is sanbagging? Corpsgrinder are definitely sandbaggers ... anyway, I like the new ranking better, maybe there should be a kind of 2nd league ?? ... and besides this, KSOD is more of an informational page...

Poene
Commodore

Post#20 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:50 am

Strange. Earlier in this thread (on 14 April) I posted that Skeleton•Crew was ranked 0. I just checked their rank and they are now back in the KSOD listings but at rank 3076. On that same day (14 April) they lost their first war ever and to a far inferior squad.

I think they lost intentionally, then begged the KSOD admin to be included again in the listings. For sure, being removed from KSOD is one of the worst thing that can happen to a squad. It's better to take a massive hit to one's rank than being ostracised completely.

Edit: I took a look at another formerly top 10 mini squad named France'. I wondered what they would do now that they were removed from the listing.

Guess what:

In the header it says in French "Squad closed by demand of the KSOD admins. Find us at FRANCE':) (with a green smiley at the end). ID LINE: laracroft2".

Clearly, this is proof how much influence the KSOD admins have. Shutting down the squad is the most drastic thing KSOD could ask and these guys meekly obeyed. LMAO! Serves them right... cowards.

Return to “General Discussions”