Mini Squads on KSoD Removed

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zach
Commodore

Mini Squads on KSoD Removed

Post#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 am

Mini Squads on KSoD

I just noticed all those mini squads at the top of the rankings r not there anymore. Only corpsgrinder remains I think. Has the criteria of the rankings changed :?:
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Thread Post

barnabilopez
Lieutenant

Re: Mini squads on Ksod

Post#2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:00 am

Yes they are finaly gone. But Deutche beginer was not a mini squad and the corpsgrinders are for sure a mini. this is double standart.
I want to ask the moderators of the ksod why Dark Brigade is in the ksod?
They a MAXI squad, arent they?
No minis no maxis - would be fair.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:09 am

barnabilopez wrote:I want to ask the moderators of the ksod why Dark Brigade is in the ksod?
They a MAXI squad, arent they?

No minis no maxis - would be fair.

barnabilopez - I am not a moderator or maintainer of the KSoD Website but the "purpose" of the Website is to list ALL SQUADS regardless of their in-game ranking.

While the two "lists" may be similar the algrothms used to determine "rank" are different.

That said, it does look like those whom maintain the KSoD Website have changed something. I will try to find out what if I can and will post in the appropriate Topic.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

barnabilopez
Lieutenant

Post#4 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 am

is the name of the the moderator KSoD Arnold Schwarzenegger? From the 1996 film Eraser?
Emagine how this gay/girl, kicking off from the rating a mini squad saying -
You have just been erased! hehe

Midge
Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:11 am

They simply saw a problem and took care of it. All those mini squads had made bases and squads PURELY to game the SOD rankings. Got no issue with them being removed until they meet a higher base score threshold.

Upset because Dark~Brigade is ranked ahead of all your 2 turret, Level 8 HQ newbie bashing asses got bumped? Wah!

That said, Grinder obviously should be taken down, and I agree that the previously mentioned Deutsche squad was not really minis, though it had clearly hit a max out point and did not appear to be growing anymore ... again ... to manipulate the mm algorithm and provide easier war win results, simply for rising on KSOD.

Again ... build real bases in real squads ... or start your own ranking ... seems easy enough.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

barnabilopez
Lieutenant

Post#6 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:26 am

Sorry, mr Midge - your "ranking" is private and your friends MUST be there - Friends SOD.
When mr Arnold remove the grinders you can name the "ranking" Darkbrigade SOD. hehe

Poene
Commodore

Post#7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:01 pm

I also noticed this yesterday. This purge came so sudden. I would like to see an announcement from a KSOD administrator about this issue.

France', RebelsBulgaria and Skeleton-Crew are gone. They dominated the top 3. IMO this was undeserved as Dark~Brigade, ByDesign, Marauders Delta, etc. are much more entitled to the top spots than these squads that gamed the system in an ignoble manner.

All in all a good measure. But several questions remain:
- What if a squad has for instance 4 mini's and the rest are normal bases?
- Are only the top squads affected? PartyLikeVader should be eliminated as well because it's predominantly filled with mini's. Maybe it has been spared because it's ranked below #8000?
- Why is -corpsegrinder- still occupying a top 3 place? It's as bad as Skeleton-Crew or the other mini squads. Is this an oversight or does a -corpsegrinder- member have secret influence over a KSOD administrator?

PartylikeVader
Captain

Post#8 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:13 pm

PLV never warred with mini bases. Our record of 56-0-0 came from max HQ7-10 matchmaking.
Rath Severus
Leader of PartylikeVader

SpaceDandy
Squadron Leader

Post#9 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:07 pm

I couldn't even find where the mini-squads went - I expected them to be ranked lower based on a rerack of the algorithm but they look truly purged from ksod. Was this a targeted strike or were mini-squads taken out of the dataset by a filter? I ask because I am wondering if the purge will impact the other interesting ksod thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21650&start=140 (All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website) which tracks the comings and goings of squads and commanders on both sides...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Spock
Admiral

Post#10 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:35 am

Hi guys.
Just wanted to clear up a few points on this topic.

The issue..
Some squads have been gaming the system to take advantage of how the squad wars ranking site works. They manipulate things with the sole purpose of climbing the ranks on KSOD. Thus ruining the integrity of the site. It’s not perfect but we do try our best to give it some credibility.
These squads have been sequestered from the site rankings for the time being.

We have been working on a solution to this issue since late last year. I admit things move very slow. This is because it’s a small group of volunteers that maintain KSOD. People get busy with real life, work, families and all that other stuff that takes us away from SwC. :)

It’s also because the language the site was written is PHP lavarel.
It almost seems kender (the original creator/coder of the site) was the last person on earth that used this language. Lol
It’s been very hard to find anyone else that can help us with the code.
(Really, if you know that style of Kung fu, have some spare time and love swc please PM me!!)

It took a while to even start to understand exactly how the site was working. Reverse engineering it with little knowledge.
We can only make small little changes without altering the code too much.
Things like tweaking the length of the ager and so on.

We have great plans and a template for ksod2.0 but no one has the time to sit down and rewrite from scratch. Ksod2.0 would have multiple leagues so the rankings would be slightly more accurate.
Maybe one day we will get there.

One of the Ksod admins has made contact with a professor and his students that might be able to help us. But again, that’s going understandably slow. We hope they will be able help us add in some code changes to rank squads more accurately. Or even rewrite the entire site in another language.
But we would still love any other help we could get.

We watched and monitored the squads that were removed since late last year. Trying to get the changes made to plug these loopholes.
When it got to 7/10 squads in the top 10 being sandbagger squads we decided it was time to do what we could. We manually removed them from the rankings until we can fix things to include them appropriately.

We are not planning on removing any other squads at this time.
There are some squads that have not been removed. corpsegrinder for one.
The reason they were not removed is they were not playing this way to intentionally game the system and climb the rankings. They were playing this way long before there was a ranking site.

Cupcake killers is another squad of minis that was not removed. Again, they are not trying to manipulate the rankings. They are just playing for fun.

The decision to manually remove the squads was not made on a whim. It has been debated since we started monitoring these squads late last year. It’s not the best solution but it’s the best we could do for now. It won’t be permanent. As soon as we can put the new code in these squads will be ranked again.

We know everyone won’t agree with this decision. We can’t make everyone happy no matter how hard we try. But the ranking site has never been something that everyone is happy with. Nor has the game.

That’s all I can say about Ksod for now. I can’t debate this decision or give you any other information so please don’t ask. This is just a statement as requested in a post above.
Last edited by Spock on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Return to “General Discussions”