INFO: Players Rank

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Per
Lieutenant

INFO: Players Rank

Post#1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 am

Player rank

what is function of the rank ?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post

DeathStriker

Re: Player rank

Post#2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am

Per wrote:what is function of the rank ?

Per - The "Rank" you see displayed is an indication of Victories won by the Player.

The number of Victories (sum of Total Attacks Won + Total Defenses Won) you need to increase in Rank increases as you progress upward. After 100 Victories you gain the Rank of 1 and your Faction Icon changes (you see this also done in the Conflict Leaderboard) . Currently Level 31 is the Max Rank (see Top 50 Players).

The Players Rank has no direct effect on PvP Matchmaking but those with higher Level Rank more often than not have a higher Level of Medals which does effect PvP Matchmaking.

Hope this help answer your question...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Per
Lieutenant

Re: INFO: Players Rank

Post#3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 am

ok..so only medals count have effect to PVP matching ?

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#4 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 am

Medal Count and your Base Score. If you search on the forum, there are several threads and spreadsheets showing how many points each building is worth at each level you build.

Both are used to figure out your PvP match pool.
Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L34
Medals: ~32k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 3d/2f/2a

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 am

Per wrote:ok..so only medals count have effect to PVP matching ?

Per - there is more to the PvP Matchmaking Algorithm than simply Medals. It includes what Level your Structures are and how "tight" or "loose" the current MM is set to.

⇨ See the Post by TheCleaner posted here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Per
Lieutenant

Post#6 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am

searching of the word "rank" is unavailable ;)

about basescore

than.. why does my squadmate with level 8 and basescore 1850 fighting with players with 2800+ base score ?

he has level 8 hq, rank 13 and 21600 medals

Boog
Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 am

It's because of his medal count. If he loses them all, he'll be paired with 7's most likely.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#8 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Rank does effect matchmaking slightly. Observe the opponents and frequency of attack when you go up rank without any change to base score. I've seen both opponent skill and attack frequency increase the last 3 ranks I've increased.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:49 pm

darthdoodie wrote:Rank does effect matchmaking slightly. Observe the opponents and frequency of attack when you go up rank without any change to base score. I've seen both opponent skill and attack frequency increase the last 3 ranks I've increased.

Rank does not affect matchmaking, but medals do. You likely gained quite a few medals while gaining those 3 ranks.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#10 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:32 am

Shelendil wrote:Rank does not affect matchmaking, but medals do. You likely gained quite a few medals while gaining those 3 ranks.

Nope, I keep medals low (<1000) on one of my bases, and no structure upgrades. The only parameter that changed was rank and there was a noticeable difference in opponents:
Attacked frequently compared to days of non-attacks on any planet
Opponents went from unbuffed troops to buffed flyers

To add to this, I can even control matchmaking via medal cut-offs.
For this base, at 1300 medals I see live, easy bases compared to cupcake/dead bases.
At 3000 medals, bases start getting decent GR defense.
At 5000 medals I see near equivalent strength bases.

Return to “General Discussions”