Whats the best Turret in most situations for under HQ9?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shaft13
Officer

Whats the best Turret in most situations for under HQ9?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am

What is in your opinion the best turret for the most situations against the most enemy types?
Im only hq7 ,so no sonic cannon turret is possible.
Mortar turret was not bad against infantry ,as i have hq 6. But with Hq7 im not so happy with it.
Burst turret is againt heavily bruiser or against infantry?If i go to the new build describe,it says heavenly bruisers, but if i go to the upgrade ,the favorite of the turret is infantry???
What is right?
The rocket turret is my favorite at the moment,but i have not very much experience, so what says the experience player?

Or is the rapid firy turret the best against all attack types?

I want to use only one type, because with the free armory points, i can only one turret typ push with 75% + more armor und damage.

So what is your tip for me?

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: Whats the best Turret in most situations for under HQ9?

Post#2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Mortar and rocket comboat that level IMO. Anything past it and you’ll probably want to swap the mortars out for either bursts or rapid fire turrets.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Rocket or Rapid. Only use one type so you can use more GUARD reserve perks.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Depends if you're imperial or rebel.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Shaft13
Officer

Post#5 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:49 am

Im Imperial.

Zach
Captain

Post#6 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:05 am

All imps r going with rapids and sonics, (and like forceisweakandyou said) it gives u more room for GR

Zach
Captain

Post#7 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:06 am

No sonic go with rocket imo

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:17 am

My 2nd base is a full L8 base (except low level traps) and uses 8 RFTs and 8 Rockets + heat sink equipment for both. It does pretty well on defence these days, even against higher level attackers. Better than my primary L10 base anyway.
Betting all on one card brings weakness imho. All RFTs is bad against mech such as TX, all Rockets and infantry will kill you
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:16 am

Shaft13 wrote:What is in your opinion the best turret for the most situations against the most enemy types?
Im only hq7 ,so no sonic cannon turret is possible.
Mortar turret was not bad against infantry ,as i have hq 6. But with Hq7 im not so happy with it.
Burst turret is againt heavily bruiser or against infantry?If i go to the new build describe,it says heavenly bruisers, but if i go to the upgrade ,the favorite of the turret is infantry???
What is right?
The rocket turret is my favorite at the moment,but i have not very much experience, so what says the experience player?

Or is the rapid firy turret the best against all attack types?

I want to use only one type, because with the free armory points, i can only one turret typ push with 75% + more armor und damage.

So what is your tip for me?

Unfortunately, there is no clear cut answer.
RFTs are weaker against mechs (well, except HFDs).
rockets are weaker against infantries
burst has shorter range (bad against long range attack like HailFire Droids)
mortar is useless against flying (note that jets and jumps are only unlockable at L8, but there are tons of attacking down nowadays caused by bad match making).
Without sonics, I believe you need 2 types and not 1. When you get to L9, then you can go with sonic and 1 type.

1. Assuming no attacking down and you design base to face L7 or lower (not likely), then mortars and rockets
2. Assuming that you need to defend jets/jumps (more likely), then bursts and rockets

(I personally don't like RFT at L7. They are good at L9/10 when used together with sonics).

My 2 cents

EDIT: you can try experimenting with all RFTs to see how it goes. When I was at L7, there was no armory so perhaps with armory equipment, an RFT farm may be a viable design.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 am

As a lv7 Imp that you say you are I'm kinda doubtful myself. I'd advise a combination of Bursts and Mortars but you only know what type of attacks you're seeing. Bursts for the Jet swarms that might visit, and mortars to deal with the more noobish players that might attack you. At lower levels I remember how horrifying mortar farms were to deal with, especially since health ships aren't available and not everyone has healing droids yet.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

Return to “General Discussions”