Star Wars Commander is Alive and Well

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Star Wars Commander is Alive and Well

Post#1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Just tired of seeing the sky is falling threads about the end of the game. Revenue is holding fairly steady. Numbers are down a bit but not catastrophic. Let's enjoy playing the game and have fun till the end whenever that is. Mtfbwy all.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: Star Wars Commander is Alive and Well

Post#2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Hear hear!
Main Account: Bacon (level 9). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - AUS-Darth_Gump

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm

+1000. I get tired of all the gloom and doom, and the woe is me attitude sometimes. I've been playing this game since the beginning, and I've heard it since the beginning. Let's just enjoy it for what it is, and not worry about the rest.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:36 pm

ForceMel wrote:+1000. I get tired of all the gloom and doom, and the woe is me attitude sometimes. I've been playing this game since the beginning, and I've heard it since the beginning. Let's just enjoy it for what it is, and not worry about the rest.

Agreed! +10000
Looking forward to Solo.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:31 pm

hahaha... All post about armageddon and apocalypse or saying everything is well and everyone is happy always make me laugh... Anyway, I'm having fun with the game, and fun is one thing I never had in my 3 years playing on Windows, but...

As former Windows players, many here must remember well when they were going to close the game... Not even 1 word, totally secret, everyone playing, buying crystals and crates for the new units... They just launched the 40th Anniversary Edition for Lord Vader and Imperial Astromedics + R2D2 + 3P0 and WED and suddenly everyhting got quiet... No more conflicts, no more Daily Objectives, only squad wars running... I thought they were going to launch a massive update to fix all Windows bugs CNFOs, Command Failed Status 905 and anything else, and... "The game will be discontinued..." pop up in the Commander News...

In the game world, before the storm always come the bonanza...
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial on vacation!
Level 9/8/7 Rebel player in "Solo's_Band" Level 50 Squad (Join us and war everyday!)

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 pm

mkenobi wrote:hahaha... All post about armageddon and apocalypse or saying everything is well and everyone is happy always make me laugh... Anyway, I'm having fun with the game, and fun is one thing I never had in my 3 years playing on Windows, but...

As former Windows players, many here must remember well when they were going to close the game... Not even 1 word, totally secret, everyone playing, buying crystals and crates for the new units... They just launched the 40th Anniversary Edition for Lord Vader and Imperial Astromedics + R2D2 + 3P0 and WED and suddenly everyhting got quiet... No more conflicts, no more Daily Objectives, only squad wars running... I thought they were going to launch a massive update to fix all Windows bugs CNFOs, Command Failed Status 905 and anything else, and... "The game will be discontinued..." pop up in the Commander News...

In the game world, before the storm always come the bonanza...

Good points. I would suggest that the Windows Experience is the harbinger of death. If everything goes quiet, look out. But for now it's very active and it appears to be fine so let's have fun and enjoy it.

20180204_090815.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking forward to Solo.

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Out of my last 8 battles, two have resulted in 905 errors at battle’s end. Looks like I got credit for them and the loot... but 25% 905s is not good.

I do hope things continue for a while. Very close to maxed advanced frags. Elite will be all that’s left.
Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L34
Medals: ~32k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 3d/2f/2a

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:56 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Out of my last 8 battles, two have resulted in 905 errors at battle’s end. Looks like I got credit for them and the loot... but 25% 905s is not good.

I do hope things continue for a while. Very close to maxed advanced frags. Elite will be all that’s left.

Usually when I crash I lose the battle, but today I crashed and the win still registered.
Looking forward to Solo.

Ghost666
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am

I dont think it is well...but it is alive. I have it on tablet...and play less than once a day...

I also think people who are annoyed at the game have the necessity to think EVERYONE is mad at game...it rarely is true...

I PERSONALLY lost interest in the game with the Guard Reserv/Jumps thing...but give ME the credit that i stayed at full force for years with many other game changes that made many leave the game...i was in top 1000 some years back...
FOR ME game is no longer fun because i NO LONGER have fun attacking...but i am pretty sure OTHERS STILL DO and that game is evolving and selling...

ALL THAT SAID...i had a GREAT TIME PLAYING...i think it was a globally very good game and fun in many moments...
Hope those who stay can have fun for a LOOOOOOONG TIME...

Heard rumors of gaming being dying MANY TIMES in the last years...keyword being...YEARS!

Who knows...maybe they make it interesting again FOR ME before i finally hit the uninstall button...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 am

I don’t think the game has ever been “healthy”. It’s always been clunky, glitchy, full of rediculuous exploits and continues to suffer from a lack of dev attention. That being said, it’s Star Wars. People buy toothbrushes and cereal because of the name. I guess it doesn’t even have to be a good product. Just look at The Last Jedi. SWC will continue on as long as it’s profitable because it’s not about us, it’s about making the mouse richer.

Return to “General Discussions”