Debri in base help defense?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Warrior
Commander

Debri in base help defense?

Post#1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:44 am

If you leave the debri scattered around your base layout, and not collect the crystals underneath. Does it really help defend as a stumbling block for attacks against you?

JARJAR
Commodore

Re: Debri in base help defense?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:46 am

no!

have you ever seen debris when you attack?

rebel10

Post#3 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 am

I understand that even if you do not see it you cannot deploy units on debris but can be moved through and shot through by deployed units

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:02 pm

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, debris used to be tactically useful for defence - I'm talking 3-4 years ago now, long before the dark times - the Armoury Era.

In those olden days, attackers could see debris when they attacked, and could not deploy troops on it.

By leaving debris across your base area, you could prevent attackers from deploying on a large part of it, even though you didn't have enough buildings or wall studs to fill it out.

The devs got rid of this idea because it was a disincentive to clearing up the debris, acquiring crystals and then spending them. I have no doubt that the dev idea is that the more people get used to using crystals, the more likely they were to buy them.

When the change was brought in, attackers could no longer see debris when attacking, as it didn't matter. It's been this way for a long long time now.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

TNT
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:50 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, debris used to be tactically useful for defence - I'm talking 3-4 years ago now, long before the dark times - the Armoury Era.

In those olden days, attackers could see debris when they attacked, and could not deploy troops on it.

By leaving debris across your base area, you could prevent attackers from deploying on a large part of it, even though you didn't have enough buildings or wall studs to fill it out.

The devs got rid of this idea because it was a disincentive to clearing up the debris, acquiring crystals and then spending them. I have no doubt that the dev idea is that the more people get used to using crystals, the more likely they were to buy them.

When the change was brought in, attackers could no longer see debris when attacking, as it didn't matter. It's been this way for a long long time now.

I am baffled by that logic. You can't even spend the 1 crystal you get on anything because it's not enough. :?
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 am

TNT wrote:I am baffled by that logic. You can't even spend the 1 crystal you get on anything because it's not enough. :?

You can reduce the cook time of a troop by 1 minute 30, for 1 crystal. It's not much, but some people are impatient.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Fisherman
Captain

Post#7 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:You can reduce the cook time of a troop by 1 minute 30, for 1 crystal. It's not much, but...

... in a squad war with outposts in play I have been very impatient! :)

Return to “General Discussions”