The End Of Star Wars Commander?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: The End Of Star Wars Commander?

Post#41 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:58 pm

SFOne wrote:I haven't missed a thing. You have, though. I don't even know why you are arguing. I'm not saying they are op. Or that tx are ineffective. It is an established fact imp rfts do more damage than rebel versions. So they are therefore more effective against tx than rebel turrets are.

I'd suggest not many have TX much higher than 6 or 7.

Level 5 jumps/jets do just fine against level X equipment if you know what you are doing.

No one should care how effective rebel RFTs are and it’s unnecessary to try to get imp RFTs nerfed. They aren’t that good so saying a turret that isn’t good against a tx is moot regardless of faction. A rocket or burst turret is the right answer for that. The problem is that imps run RFTs or Sonics out of necessity because if they didn’t and ran something like...rockets or all bursts, odds are they would get rolled every attack by buffed jets. Rebels on otherhand seem to be able to run other turrets that are more effective vs. vehicles and GET AWAY WITH IT because jumps can be more easily killed by them without much risk of losing too much of the base on defense. Yes our RFTs are better BUT rebel turrets in general have to defend against a WEAKER ATTACK. It can be argued that rebel rocket, burst and mortar and rocket turrets are better than imp versions for that reason. (Let the hate flow through you). I frequently see top 100 rebels with at least 3 different types of turrets and it makes sense why. What would you rather have to use against a TX. A buffed imp RFT with no damage modifier vs. vehicles or a Buffed rocket turret which has an inherent 200% modifier vs. vehicles but a 50% modifier vs. infantry? Well if the infantry can be killed fast enough, the answer becomes the rocket turret and who care about rebel RFTs being weaker if rockets can kill two birds with one stone? Another question is what also can double as an effective turret vs. jumps/jets. Now I don’t think imp RFTs are OP and I don’t think TXs of either faction are OP either. It actually has more to do with what follows the TXs. IME txs only have to last for the first few seconds of an attack so the jets can get a foothold and destroy the first few turrets. After that, jets simply out-pace the txs anyways. So why would I or any imp run turrets that have only a few seconds to destroy 3-4 txs at point blank range and immediately become far less effective against the real threat that’s deployed after the txs? It’s not that RFTs are magnitudes better than rebel RFTs because they’re not. They’re simply the best that we have to counter jets and only in an absolutely ideal situation like attacking from max range with 4+ RFTs can they whittle away at txs. The majority of the time they’re too slow at this. If this isn’t the case, then why do so many rebels lead off with TXs against imp bases that are pretty much guaranteed to have RFTs within range!!??? It’s probably because they’re far from effective against txs yet imps tend to run them because they’re nearly the only turret option that has a chance of stopping buffed jets. I guarantee if jets/jumps had the same level buff there would be an immediate shift away from RFTs to rocket turrets or even bursts which is what we see at many top level rebel bases.

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#42 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:17 pm

hey guys, relax ! SWC is a marketing and commercial item of disney family, they dont need to earn big money with that game. Its only to promote new Star wars stuff....

SWC will run as long Star Wars will be promoted by disney. And trust me, there are enough players who spend money on that game, take a look on the conflict rankings, most players in the TOP 10 use crystals, you cant do so much attacks without that crystal-help.

The last Star Wars episode is still not written, so SWC wont disappear....

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#43 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 pm

StrikerRebel wrote:hey guys, relax ! SWC is a marketing and commercial item of disney family, they dont need to earn big money with that game. Its only to promote new Star wars stuff....

SWC will run as long Star Wars will be promoted by disney. And trust me, there are enough players who spend money on that game, take a look on the conflict rankings, most players in the TOP 10 use crystals, you cant do so much attacks without that crystal-help.

+1
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Zach
Commodore

Post#44 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:15 am

StrikerRebel wrote:hey guys, relax ! SWC is a marketing and commercial item of disney family, they dont need to earn big money with that game. Its only to promote new Star wars stuff....

@ striker rebel. It sounds like u know insider secrets lol!! I hope ur rite though

SFOne
Commodore

Post#45 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:57 am

Plagueis wrote:wall of text

I'm still baffled as to why you are arguing or deem it necessary to post yet another rambling wall of text.

There really are too many contradictions and cherry picking of facts in it but I will limit it to just one point I want to make clear:

Plagueis wrote:No one should care how effective rebel RFTs are and it’s unnecessary to try to get imp RFTs nerfed.

I have not said they should be. UNLESS other factors change. Like making jump/jet buffs the same. I actually said the differences make sense. Lol.
Rebel Level 10 70k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#46 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:27 am

SFOne wrote:
Plagueis wrote:wall of text

I'm still baffled as to why you are arguing or deem it necessary to post yet another rambling wall of text.

There really are too many contradictions and cherry picking of facts in it but I will limit it to just one point I want to make clear:

Plagueis wrote:No one should care how effective rebel RFTs are and it’s unnecessary to try to get imp RFTs nerfed.

I have not said they should be. UNLESS other factors change. Like making jump/jet buffs the same. I actually said the differences make sense. Lol.

Because saying RFTs are highly effective against all targets is being disingenuous. They’re terrible against vehicles of equal armory skin level. They’re terrible against packs of flying infantry with high armory skin levels because they only target one flyer at a time and don’t do enough damage even with maxed heat sinks to out damage medship healing. That ineffectiveness is why a lot of imps run a mix of RFTs and Sonics. Here was the original comment from Midge that started this:

Midge wrote:That God Damn Charis also told me numerous times they were discussing a fix for the RFT differences. CHARISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

And I post walls of text because sometimes I have to cover literally everything for people to understand what I’m talking about. Consider this: I’m not a level 9 and I don’t see low level armory equipment from attackers. I don’t see lvl 6 tx skins either. I see the end spectrum and unlike players below my progression I CANNOT change that by moving up more. If TXs or most other targets with low-mid level armory skins for that matter could be stopped effectively by RFTs, that sure changes once their armory skins increase high enough. Again, I have MAXED heatsinks and have ran RFT farms. I think that’s a fact that many players who say I’m cherry picking don’t realize. I wouldn’t mention this stuff if it wasn’t relevent. Also, I read through my wall of text again and am not seeing the contradictions you speak of.

Reply if you like, disagree if you like. I don’t care either way. I’ve already said what I wanted to say and can be done with this.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#47 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:13 am

All things come to an end but I really don't see any hint of it here ending way soon, maybe your date is spot on. One thing that did surprise me is the lack of inclusion of The Last Jedi material. Wonder why?
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

DeathStriker

Post#48 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am

syncpan77 wrote:One thing that did surprise me is the lack of inclusion of The Last Jedi material. Wonder why?

BECAUSE...

• The Empire Faction would get a New Armory Skin for the rAT-AT Unit that adds Damage and Health Buffs and changes it to the AT-M6 (All Terrain MegaCaliber Six) - WHILE...
  • The Rebel Faction would get a New Armory Skin for Wookiee Unit that adds Damage and Health Buffs and adds the ability for the Unit to Deploy Porgs that target Empire Infantry Units and Empire Vehicle Units. (Higher Level the Skin the more Porgs are Deployed and the Deployment is faster).
THAT IS WHY... :lol:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ShortStormTrooper
Squadron Leader

Post#49 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Lol DS, l'm going to frighten my squad with this 'official' new content!

Spock
Admiral

Post#50 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:48 pm

syncpan77 wrote:All things come to an end but I really don't see any hint of it here ending way soon, maybe your date is spot on. One thing that did surprise me is the lack of inclusion of The Last Jedi material. Wonder why?

The timeline is the big issue. For whatever reason they really stick to it as you know.
We did get some last Jedi content though. The rebel ski speeder. As mentioned in the movie they were old vehicles. I guess Old enough they were around during the games timeline.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Return to “General Discussions”