The End Of Star Wars Commander?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SFOne
Commodore

Re: The end of swc?

Post#31 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:33 am

Plagueis wrote:
Midge wrote:That God Damn Charis also told me numerous times they were discussing a fix for the RFT differences. CHARISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Why would they even have to? If all other turrets besides RFTs are equal in damage between factions, wouldn’t they have an advantage against weaker versions of comparable units? Let’s say a jump and jet with equal buffs were placed against buffed rocket turrets with identical buffs and from either faction, the jet would at the very least last longer simply because of the extra health if it doesn’t destroy it with the extra damage. I wouldn’t consider imp RFTs any more effective against jets than any rebel direct-fire turret is against imp jumps simply because of that damage and health difference. It seems like the most logical fix would be to make all turrets equal, make the jet/jump buff equal and replace GR snipes with shocks.

Because you can run 1 turret type that is highly effective against all units, with even our tx being at a disadvantage with their shorter range. There's a reason imps are having success with rapid farms and rebels aren't.

But in some way the difference makes sense - in line with the supposed differences between faction (mech Vs infantry).

We need hails too if we are talking about balancing GR.
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#32 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:51 am

SFOne wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Midge wrote:That God Damn Charis also told me numerous times they were discussing a fix for the RFT differences. CHARISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Why would they even have to? If all other turrets besides RFTs are equal in damage between factions, wouldn’t they have an advantage against weaker versions of comparable units? Let’s say a jump and jet with equal buffs were placed against buffed rocket turrets with identical buffs and from either faction, the jet would at the very least last longer simply because of the extra health if it doesn’t destroy it with the extra damage. I wouldn’t consider imp RFTs any more effective against jets than any rebel direct-fire turret is against imp jumps simply because of that damage and health difference. It seems like the most logical fix would be to make all turrets equal, make the jet/jump buff equal and replace GR snipes with shocks.

Because you can run 1 turret type that is highly effective against all units, with even our tx being at a disadvantage with their shorter range. There's a reason imps are having success with rapid farms and rebels aren't.

But in some way the difference makes sense - in line with the supposed differences between faction (mech Vs infantry).

We need hails too if we are talking about balancing GR.

RFTS are not very effective against TXs. Even with maxed heatsinks, farms of RFTs get rolled over by high level jet skins either by screening jets with txs or spamming at least 1 medship because even 5-6 RFTs can’t keep up with medship healing on on high level buffed jet, allowing the “pack” to quickly mow through. That’s why you see a mix of RFTs and sonics or just straight sonic farms at higher levels. We depend on at least two sonics hitting a group of jets, followed by RFTs or GR to plink off the jets while their health is lower. For imps, they really have to run either RFTs or Sonics because all other turret options are completely ineffective against players with high level jet skins. On the other hand, I’ve come across many a top level rebel base that was extremely hard to beat and had 3-4 different types of turrets that were able to kill my decent level jumps with t-5s healing them. Our RFTs may be better but they are by no means OP. They’re as good as pretty much any rebel turret aside from mortars is against buffed jumps.

Tamarack
Commodore

Re: The End Of Star Wars Commander?

Post#33 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:41 pm

I just did some quick digging around on the internet and found the stats for Commander on this page: https://sensortower.com/ios/US/disney/a ... 8/overview

Just some interesting stats. If you are curious take a look.

Tamarack
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

SFOne
Commodore

Post#34 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Plagueis wrote:RFTS are not very effective against TXs. Even with maxed heatsinks, farms of RFTs get rolled over by high level jet skins either by screening jets with txs or spamming at least 1 medship because even 5-6 RFTs can’t keep up with medship healing on on high level buffed jet, allowing the “pack” to quickly mow through. That’s why you see a mix of RFTs and sonics or just straight sonic farms at higher levels. We depend on at least two sonics hitting a group of jets, followed by RFTs or GR to plink off the jets while their health is lower. For imps, they really have to run either RFTs or Sonics because all other turret options are completely ineffective against players with high level jet skins. On the other hand, I’ve come across many a top level rebel base that was extremely hard to beat and had 3-4 different types of turrets that were able to kill my decent level jumps with t-5s healing them. Our RFTs may be better but they are by no means OP. They’re as good as pretty much any rebel turret aside from mortars is against buffed jumps.

Imp RFTS are pretty effective against TXs. Level 10s with level 10 heatsinks do a nice job of shredding a level 6 skinned TX. And you need more than 1 medship against a rapid farm unless you spread those rapids all over.

Ask Rubicon and Devastater(DB) how their rockets are working for them.
Rebel Level 10 80k+

SWC Tools For Android

LosVega
Major General

Post#35 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Tamarack wrote:I just did some quick digging around on the internet and found the stats for Commander on this page: https://sensortower.com/ios/US/disney/a ... 8/overview

Just some interesting stats. If you are curious take a look.

Tamarack

Does Sensortower show ios revenue only or both ios/android. It's been bought up before so I honestly can't remember. What I find interesting is that the U.S. generates the most revenue but non-U.S. players are the majority.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

SFOne
Commodore

Post#36 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:50 pm

It shows both but not on the same screen from what I can see (perhaps the paid version does). You have to search for each version separately.
Rebel Level 10 80k+

SWC Tools For Android

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 pm

SFOne wrote:
Plagueis wrote:RFTS are not very effective against TXs. Even with maxed heatsinks, farms of RFTs get rolled over by high level jet skins either by screening jets with txs or spamming at least 1 medship because even 5-6 RFTs can’t keep up with medship healing on on high level buffed jet, allowing the “pack” to quickly mow through. That’s why you see a mix of RFTs and sonics or just straight sonic farms at higher levels. We depend on at least two sonics hitting a group of jets, followed by RFTs or GR to plink off the jets while their health is lower. For imps, they really have to run either RFTs or Sonics because all other turret options are completely ineffective against players with high level jet skins. On the other hand, I’ve come across many a top level rebel base that was extremely hard to beat and had 3-4 different types of turrets that were able to kill my decent level jumps with t-5s healing them. Our RFTs may be better but they are by no means OP. They’re as good as pretty much any rebel turret aside from mortars is against buffed jumps.

Imp RFTS are pretty effective against TXs. Level 10s with level 10 heatsinks do a nice job of shredding a level 6 skinned TX. And you need more than 1 medship against a rapid farm unless you spread those rapids all over.

Ask Rubicon and Devastater(DB) how their rockets are working for them.

I think you’re missing something here. I have maxed RFT heat sinks. I have ran RFT farms of various layouts. Every time TX’s visit my base, they do fine against my RFTs and do a great job of tanking for jets. They’re probably higher than lvl 6 skin though. It’s like saying my lvl 5 skinned jumps are terrible against lvl 10 heat sink bursts. Duh. Imagine how well higher level TXs like 8 or even 10 would do and get back to me.

Kylo
Commodore

Post#38 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Plagueis wrote: Duh. Imagine how well higher level TXs like 8 or even 10 would do and get back to me.

When you make this type of argument, you are saying that Imps have it easier since Imps have an easier time in conflicts -> Imps have higher skins... I expect better from you

SFOne
Commodore

Post#39 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:20 pm

I haven't missed a thing. You have, though. I don't even know why you are arguing. I'm not saying they are op. Or that tx are ineffective. It is an established fact imp rfts do more damage than rebel versions. So they are therefore more effective against tx than rebel turrets are.

I'd suggest not many have TX much higher than 6 or 7.

Level 5 jumps/jets do just fine against level X equipment if you know what you are doing.
Rebel Level 10 80k+

SWC Tools For Android

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#40 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Kylo wrote:
Plagueis wrote: Duh. Imagine how well higher level TXs like 8 or even 10 would do and get back to me.

When you make this type of argument, you are saying that Imps have it easier since Imps have an easier time in conflicts -> Imps have higher skins... I expect better from you

Not at all when the argument was that rebel TXs are effective against an imp turret that many rebels complain about being powerful and most imps are using because all other turret options aside from sonics suck at high levels vs. Jets. Are you trying to say imp jumps are BETTER than jets? Because the TXs are mainly acting as blockers and the flyers are doing the actual destroying most of the time. What’s being debated is how much time it takes a turret that can stop infantry well but not vehicles for one faction such as an RFT vs. Rockets/Bursts/Sonics that can stop vehicles AND infantry because imp flyers are simply weaker. And if you can’t see more than just the corner of the picture it’s no surprise you would be disappointed by my response.
Last edited by Plagueis on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussions”