The End Of Star Wars Commander?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Re: The end of swc?

Post#21 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 am

AeroSith wrote:I sent a ticket asking what the status is, and the was the reply.

Hey Commander!

We don't have any news about plans for Commander to close, or for Commander 2 to begin. As far as we are aware, Commander will continue on. :)

May the Force be with you,

Charis
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

Well done. Good to hear.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Midge
Admiral

Post#22 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:42 am

That God Damn Charis also told me numerous times they were discussing a fix for the RFT differences. CHARISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Spock
Admiral

Post#23 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:58 am

Lmao
I’d believe countless speculation before I put an ounce of value in a reply from customer support on this matter.

They would not know the end date much sooner, if at all, before us.
And even if they did they would not be allowed to tell the average person who asked them about it.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#24 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Most people are priced out when it comes to crystals. I'm not saying that they can't afford them, but they consider them too expensive for what you get.

I assume the bean counters know what they are doing and they've concluded that there's more revenue when a few pay a lot than when a lot pay a little.

All that has to be considered when creating new revenue generating items.

That said... This is Disney, and they have a history of toasting apps like it's nothing. I've had at least 30 Disney apps/games disappear. (worst being Disney Infinity)
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#25 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Ah. Another end of the world thread. With the sky falling and everything! We've been having those for years.

This game will get a boost when Solo comes out in a couple of months. There's no way the game is going anywhere until then.

As with Ep VIII, numbers will shoot up. Former players will pop up (possibly briefly). And revenue will pour in.

May well get a boost on May 4th, too.

It's another great business opportunity for the devs to seize.

I do think Spootieho has a point about the value for money with the crystals. But then, like all consumers I always want more for less ... that's just my point of view.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Midge wrote:That God Damn Charis also told me numerous times they were discussing a fix for the RFT differences. CHARISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Why would they even have to? If all other turrets besides RFTs are equal in damage between factions, wouldn’t they have an advantage against weaker versions of comparable units? Let’s say a jump and jet with equal buffs were placed against buffed rocket turrets with identical buffs and from either faction, the jet would at the very least last longer simply because of the extra health if it doesn’t destroy it with the extra damage. I wouldn’t consider imp RFTs any more effective against jets than any rebel direct-fire turret is against imp jumps simply because of that damage and health difference. It seems like the most logical fix would be to make all turrets equal, make the jet/jump buff equal and replace GR snipes with shocks.

Boom
Captain

Post#27 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:07 pm

The expiration date has already passed, most still playing are just too stubborn to realize it...nothing new added since the armory has had any impact on the game. The imbalances in the game have never and will never be addressed.

daviangel
Lieutenant

Post#28 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:58 am

AeroSith wrote:I sent a ticket asking what the status is, and the was the reply.

Hey Commander!

We don't have any news about plans for Commander to close, or for Commander 2 to begin. As far as we are aware, Commander will continue on. :)

May the Force be with you,

Charis
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

And you believed them :lol:
Anyways, as a former Windows player once you start getting CNFO errors on a daily basis then the end is probably near since that means there's nobody around playing the game anymore and most quit!
Also, remember contacting support when the Windows version ended and first couple of support person's telling me your shit out of luck as far as migrating my account to IOS/Android. Only after talking to other's in my squad did I learn they were giving out a ton of free crystals to some people and no other's like me :(

LosVega
Major General

Re: The End Of Star Wars Commander?

Post#29 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:29 pm

As long we are entertaining the thought of the end.....

"Dear Disney Devs

SWC is the past, let it die. Kill it if you have to. Then......SWC 2 - Battle Royale (ala PUBG or Fortnite). One planet, one hundred players, lone survivor wins a porg dinner. Get in on the fastest growing trend in gaming before you're left out in the cold inside a tauntaun. I expect my cut in the mail. You're welcome."
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Re: The End Of Star Wars Commander?

Post#30 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 pm

LosVega wrote:As long we are entertaining the thought of the end.....

"Dear Disney Devs

SWC is the past, let it die. Kill it if you have to. Then......SWC 2 - Battle Royale (ala PUBG or Fortnite). One planet, one hundred players, lone survivor wins a porg dinner. Get in on the fastest growing trend in gaming before you're left out in the cold inside a tauntaun. I expect my cut in the mail. You're welcome."

Hahaha a porg dinner. Classic. That is a fabulous idea though. I don't play fortnite but I'll poke my head in my son's room when he's down for the last 5 or so guys. It's really exciting to watch him win. Fantastic game.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Return to “General Discussions”