The End Of Star Wars Commander?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Admiral

Re: The end of swc?

Post#11 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:27 am

Schruaf wrote:This prediction is pure speculation, isn't it? Or are there any evidences?

Pure speculation.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:32 am

Pure speculation based on logical evidence.

The logical part is why Spock is interested in this thread. Lol.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Spock
Admiral

Post#13 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:29 am

Lol. No evidence of that being the end date of the game. Period. Logical or otherwise. Pure speculation.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:38 am

I got this one. As long as the game is profitable and can continue to be so without affecting another revenue stream that could potentially be greatly improved by players moving over to it, SWC will continue.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#15 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:25 am

I will be here until the bitter end. Whenever that is.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am

I love apocalyptic posts like this... :lol: :lol:

Like me, many here are former Windows players. On a beautiful day on May 2017 Disney just wrote: "The game will be discontinued, thank you for buying crystals and playing, now you will lose everything you have built but you will have your miserable life back..."

I've been expecting the same for iOS / Android ever since. And believe me, Disney did not give a shit about us on Windows. It was over 3 years of CNFOs and no Dev bases to attack, trapped on a planet for days until you get 20 stars to get out of that hell, being attacked and attacking bases 4 levels above you, and suffering with all sorts of programming error, bugs and server crashes...

I survived the Windows Hell for 3 years and built a level 10 base without having the slightest chance of competing with other players of the same level or having a minimum of fun. Only after I switched to iOS / Android and saw how well were you treated by Devs, I started to have the fun I've never had on Windows and progress faster than I ever imagined being possible on that platform, and very few problems with servers and bugs in the game.

SWC costs are too low for a company like Disney, they would not even have to sell crystals because the Star Wars brand sells itself and attracts the interest of anyone, and the game works as a great advertisement for the upcoming films. Disney shut down the game for Windows because of insurmountable technical issues and contract issues with Microsoft that forced the creation of exclusive servers that never worked properly for that platform.

But everything comes to an end. So stop being miser and buy more crystals and help Disney pay the bills for upcoming Star Wars movies. Maybe SWC will last a couple of years more... :D :D
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Ghost666
Major General

Post#17 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:47 am

I actually would welcome "the end"...

Game is mostly a "work task" these days...i dont attack...i just reset traps, refill SC, do Hero Defenses always in the same fashion...not even sure why...sense of duty to my imaginary stormtroopers?

I have some minutes of fun on squad wars...but i dont even start them anymore so i dont have to do so many...useless rewards anyway...i presently have 6M gold in the bank...literally overflowing coffers...any attacker is welcome...

I stay mostly because i am still a reasonable attacker in squad wars and think i make a difference on some of them...but i dont even do much to coordinate my attacks these days...i login and see if i can attack...otherwise i hit an outpost and hope for the best...

Disney would make my decision for me and spare me the "guilt"...

I dont even know why i posted this...10min of my life wasted...again... :twisted:
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

AeroSith
Captain

Post#18 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 am

I sent a ticket asking what the status is, and the was the reply.

Hey Commander!

We don't have any news about plans for Commander to close, or for Commander 2 to begin. As far as we are aware, Commander will continue on. :)

May the Force be with you,

Charis
STAR WARS™: Commander Support
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!

DeathStriker

Post#19 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:38 am

AeroSith wrote:I sent a ticket asking what the status is, and the was the reply.

{see above}

AeroSith - Thanks for Posting! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:I will be here until the bitter end. Whenever that is.

Ditto. I'm here till the death star blows.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Return to “General Discussions”