SWC Studio Visit - Q & A - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

SWC Studio Visit - Q & A - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:24 pm

(This Topic was Created Per Forum Member Request here)

BACKGROUND: About 2 Years ago, on the Playdom Forum (now closed), a Forum Administrator posted the follow Threadd:

AS A RESULT... Several then Players of SWC took Disney up on their offer and did visit the hallowed halls of the SWC Studios where they got a tour, insight into then future enhancements to the game, and also got to ask some burning questions that had been asked many times by various Players on the Playdom Forum.

One such Player was DCReborn, whom is a current Member of this Forum. He was kind enough to ask questions and record the "answers" and posted them on the Playdom Forum in a 4-Part Series.

Here are the LINKS to all 4 Parts.

1. SWC Studio Visit Q & A - Part 1 (Archived)

2. SWC Studio Visit Q & A - Part 2 - Kessen/SC Sniping (Archived)

3. SWC Studio Visit Q & A - Part 3 - Slow Rollouts (Archived)

4. SWC Studio Visit Q & A - Part 4 - Event Store (Archived)
KEEP IN MIND that the Game as progress in the 2 years since the above was posted and some of what was "hinted" at came to pass (like Ithorian Infiltrators / Kubaz Invaders made a permanent part of the game).

Once again a big Thanks to DCReborn whom took time to post such a informative Thread. :D

Post below any comments you have...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: SWC Studio Visit - Q & A - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:50 pm

The kessen response is especially intriguing. What I got from it is that devs justified kessen’s SC snipe because it was possible then to defend against it by changing your base layout. Now with guard reserve implemented and being a nearly absolute must-have defensive choice, kessen users can line up a shot virtually anywhere on the map quickly and regardless of deka status. If you think about it, there really is no layout that can’t be kessen sniped. I wonder if the Dev’s opinion on this issue would change based on the increased effectiveness and probable overall useage of kessen as a result of something they implemented to increase defensive capability.

Kylo
Commodore

Post#3 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:19 pm

There has never been a layout that can't be Kessened.

(But, Rebels life got easier because Imps got rodians in their barracks sounds better, I guess.)

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Kylo wrote:There has never been a layout that can't be Kessened.

(But, Rebels life got easier because Imps got rodians in their barracks sounds better, I guess.)

Lol, nicely put.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Pics from my visit...

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 pm

ObiTwo wrote:

Lol, nicely put.

I guess Kessen shot doesn’t pass through multiple units and the SC, killing everything in its path...oh wait..it does?...even the rodians from the barracks?...That can’t be right...Let me get back to you on that.

Careful. Another thread might get created.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 pm

DCReborn wrote:Pics from my visit...

I was expecting stockades or some sort of revenue-generating money press...like The Rack or something similar. Although cubicles are torture...

KPD
Commander

Post#8 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:34 am

Not in squad wars since GRs aren’t able to be activated there.

TNT
Major General

Post#9 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 am

I only vaguely recall this happening. This is really neat stuff.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Harshit
Captain

Post#10 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:24 am

Cool pic of Sandtrooper
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Return to “General Discussions”