Planets for campers?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
daviangel
Lieutenant

Re: Planets for campers?

Post#11 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Poene wrote:I find Hoth to be peaceful. I am level 10 and get attacked once every day, sometimes every two days. I like this a lot because nothing vexes me more than logging in and seeing my dead droidekas and an empty SC!!

Ditto!
On my imp base I stay parked on Hoth and just logging in once a day to see if I'm attacked I went from like 6000 medals to 18000 just in defenses. Average 34 or more medals per defense.
Cold MHC swat even skin jets like flies rebels don't have anything that even compares. And that's all like 9 out of 10 attackers use nowadays i.e. skin jets so I rarely lose and never been 3 starred since I can remember ! I have a level 10 base but most of my defenses are still level 8 :lol: Cold MHC guards with rodian guards is the toughest to beat and I know this for a fact also having and playing a rebel account too!
I also camp out on Hoth on my rebel acct but totally different story since game definitely gives empire players the advantage with guards available to them. Think about it the empire are only ones that are able to use skin on vehicle guard i.e. cold MHC. On my level 10 rebel base on Hoth I use tauntaun and rodian guard along with bikes and skiffs and almost always lose and will get 3 starred most of the time if I don't have a lug medic and snipers in my sc when attacked. Oh yeah level 20 droideka and oppresor on both sides doesn't seem to make much diff since any decent play will lure them away to quickly kill. As rebel on Hoth won't take more than a few minutes for some imp to attack you whereas as imp on Hoth can go days without getting attacked so hardly even play my imp acct anymore since no challenge at all anymore really.
JUst looked at my rebel squad to see where everyone parked and seems tatoiine is most popular with most of the 20 members there with about 5 on green planets and only me and another guy on Hoth. Like someone said if you a glutton for punishment park on hoth as a rebel :lol: or a green planet since if you get attacked by someone with an AT-ACT you most definitely gonna get 3 starred unless they don't know how to use it. Think I parked on tat once and was surprised how long it took to get attacked and when I did wasn't so bad since was probably a newbie player without skins so didn't lose much loot or anything. All best players on Hoth AFAICT IMO :cry:
Looking at my empire squad doesn't look like they prefer any planet since out of 30 players almost evenly divided among all the different planets but like I said I stay on Hoth myself.
Last edited by daviangel on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:38 pm

I am always on tat because I get attacked the most there. I enjoy playing defense these days. As an imperial if I wanted some quiet time I would go to any Planet except tat and Hoth.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#13 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 am

I was snowboarding for a few weeks this month ... parked on Kit and returned to only 3 defences???!!
it used to be the rebel stronghold but now it is firmly in Imperial hands...

After blowing 725000 of Contra on my level 47 dekka upgrade last night I left my base on Tat... in one night I was attacked 12 times...

Quite some difference considering the equipment etc is exactly the same!

P.s. it's a real shame that the rebels only live on Tat now... but I don't blame them... the armoury has changed this game irreversibly.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:36 am

daviangel wrote:
Poene wrote:I find Hoth to be peaceful. I am level 10 and get attacked once every day, sometimes every two days. I like this a lot because nothing vexes me more than logging in and seeing my dead droidekas and an empty SC!!

Ditto!
On my imp base I stay parked on Hoth and just logging in once a day to see if I'm attacked I went from like 6000 medals to 18000 just in defenses. Average 34 or more medals per defense.
Cold MHC swat even skin jets like flies rebels don't have anything that even compares. And that's all like 9 out of 10 attackers use nowadays i.e. skin jets so I rarely lose and never been 3 starred since I can remember ! I have a level 10 base but most of my defenses are still level 8 :lol: Cold MHC guards with rodian guards is the toughest to beat and I know this for a fact also having and playing a rebel account too!
I also camp out on Hoth on my rebel acct but totally different story since game definitely gives empire players the advantage with guards available to them. On my level 10 rebel base on Hoth I use tauntaun and rodian guard along with bikes and skiffs and almost always lose and will get 3 starred most of the time if I don't have a lug medic and snipers in my sc when attacked. Oh yeah level 20 droideka and oppresor on both sides doesn't seem to make much diff since any decent play will lure them away to quickly kill. As rebel on Hoth won't take more than a few minutes for some imp to attack you whereas as imp on Hoth can go days without getting attacked so hardly even play my imp acct anymore since no challenge at all anymore really.
JUst looked at my rebel squad to see where everyone parked and seems tatoiine is most popular with most of the 20 members there with about 5 on green planets and only me and another guy on Hoth. Like someone said if you a glutton for punishment park on hoth as a rebel :lol: or a green planet since if you get attacked by someone with an AT-ACT you most definitely gonna get 3 starred unless they don't know how to use it. Think I parked on tat once and was surprised how long it took to get attacked and when I did wasn't so bad since was probably a newbie player without skins so didn't lose much loot or anything. All best players on Hoth AFAICT IMO :cry:
Looking at my empire squad doesn't look like they prefer any planet since out of 30 players almost evenly divided among all the different planets but like I said I stay on Hoth myself.

I would say your individual experiences bear little reflection on the balance of the game, particularly on Hoth. Checking out the top 50 in the Hoth standings, by my count there are 8 rebels with a total of 186 defensive wins. The 42 imps in the top 50 have a total of 57 defensive wins. There is one rebel named jan (formerly of Knight's Templar?) who has 53 defensive wins. Jan is not currently in a squad, yet is dominating on defense with an empty SC.

DarthHunter
Commodore

Post#15 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:30 pm

If you gots loots - you gon get looted, no matter where...

Your only possible respite is being a LVL10 Rebel on Tatooine camping in a Sonic Farm, where the weight of extra Rebel numbers means you're likely to get skipped.

geoman48
Major General

Post#16 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:41 am

sgu97cab wrote:Hi Geoman,
What is your motivation for wanting to camp? To rack up defensive wins?

Yes, defensive wins are more gratifying to me than offensive wins. I can win against 95% of the bases I attack, but only win roughly 50% of the defenses.

Plus, I recently had 150K contra and needed about 250K to upgrade my droideka, so it'd be nice to know which planet is "safest" to camp on as a rebel. I typically camp on tat, but may try hoth given this thread.

Lastly, I play several accounts, not just one, so on my sub accounts, I want to know where to park em, because I'm not about to jump around on multiple accounts every day.

Thanks for your thoughts and observations everyone! :mrgreen:

DrScheme
Squadron Leader

Post#17 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:55 pm

As a rebel I like to camp on any planet without the at-act.
Come join windows-revenge !
http://ksod.us/squad/4751a6de-46f3-11e7-bd94-060d10004ece/history

kritz
Cadet Trooper

Post#18 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:08 pm

have an in game question. please PM as i am too new to the forums to do so. thanks!!

geoman48 wrote:We all know Rebels used to camp on Er'Kit and Empire used to camp on Hoth. Because of updates, Hoth seems less popular for Empire as they tend to like Green Planets better these days. And because of updates, Rebels aren't on Er'Kit as much as they used to be in favor of Tat. Or is that the old info camping grounds...

I.e. Is this changing again and I didn't get a memo?

Keep in mind, I'm talking mostly about campers, not ultra active players.

I fully expect some people won't want to answer as they "give away secrets", but its really not that hard to figure out with a little playing of the game. And right now, there are conflicts on all planets, so conflict or non-conflict planets aren't a factor today.

Curious if I need to camp on different planets. And I don't want to spend days on each planets to figure it out so I'm posting here instead to get the answer in a day or two not weeks! Thanks in advance.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#19 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Alpha wrote:I am still trying to find a space to pitch my tent! :D :mrgreen: :shock: :o

What? You got a tent? Where did ya get it? I got 5 crystals spare....enough to buy one?

Back to topic. I am an avid Reb desert guy. Since the Prestige update, I been on Er’kit....great loot dev bases there, much less on Tat. When I go green, crucified by the imp camper swarms. That said, I can just about manage on Yavin. If I go to Dan, geez, not pretty!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#20 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Richaldo wrote:I was snowboarding for a few weeks this month ...

Old quote from you amigo.....but my mental fuse just blew when I clocked this one! So, picture this: Beer in one hand; iPad or whatever device in the other; feet on snowboard, executing a barrel loop! Then scores a 3-Star! WTF is an understatement! :lol: But we know you set a high bar!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “General Discussions”