Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zach
Commodore

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#81 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:41 pm

No it was a nice win. Ur snipers did really well. Just unlocked Dando might pay u visit lol!! :-)

Bubbafett522

Post#82 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:26 pm

The devs should even it out. They get sniper guard reserve the rebels should get it as well
Same with the vanguard guard reserve give them shock troopers (they will not use it anyway) also with the new enhanced T2-B/AT-ST add like a light vehicle guard reserve that is what I thing they should add

boshuda21
Commodore

Post#83 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:53 pm

I'm off line for a while and people are still talking about game imbalance? LOL For the love of Pete. Adapt people.

Rodian GR is totally beatable. You need to understand how the troops target. For this I watch every defense that I lose. I watch HD very closely.

Buffed jets in SC, no problem. I'm still a lv 9 (yup no healing ships) and can easily 2 star loot most high lv 10s on tatooine with buffed jets in SC.

Heck, sometimes I'm not even using my whole LO!!!

There are exceptions as some bases are very well laid out, but after all these months the GR/SC buffed jets have been around, I still see the same old mindless tactics being used. The thing is, some of these guys, I know for a fact, are excellent at wars. They know how to play the game at a high level. But they still mindlessly try to brute force PvP.

I think a big part of it is when it comes to PvP, people get lazy. They don't want to change/experiment with their LO. They don't want to scout an extra 30 sec. to find a base that fits their attack method well.

I have limited time to play so I came to realize that taking an extra 30 sec to a min to scout the right base is better than wasting 8 min (reloading) with a rushed and botched attack.

Finally another issue is that people need to ditch the idea that a PvP 3 star attack win, against a real base, should not be that common.

The game itself has loads of issues, but at this point in time, there is nothing I consider a fundamental imbalance between factions.

lma
Commodore

Post#84 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:38 pm

boshuda21 wrote:I'm off line for a while and people are still talking about game imbalance? LOL For the love of Pete. Adapt people.

Rodian GR is totally beatable. You need to understand how the troops target. For this I watch every defense that I lose. I watch HD very closely.

Buffed jets in SC, no problem. I'm still a lv 9 (yup no healing ships) and can easily 2 star loot most high lv 10s on tatooine with buffed jets in SC.

There are exceptions as some bases are very well laid out, but after all these months the GR/SC buffed jets have been around, I still see the same old mindless tactics being used. The thing is, some of these guys, I know for a fact, are excellent at wars. They know how to play the game at a high level. But they still mindlessly try to brute force PvP.

I think a big part of it is when it comes to PvP, people get lazy. They don't want to change/experiment with their LO. They don't want to scout an extra 30 sec. to find a base that fits their attack method well.

I have limited time to play so I came to realize that taking an extra 30 sec to a min to scout the right base is better than wasting 8 min (reloading) with a rushed and botched attack.

Finally another issue is that people need to ditch the idea that a PvP 3 star attack win, against a real base, should not be that common.

The game itself has loads of issues, but at this point in time, there is nothing I consider a fundamental imbalance between factions.

Can i ask what's your medal count? And are you imp or rebel?

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#85 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 pm

This comment is so so true:

"I think a big part of it is when it comes to PvP, people get lazy. They don't want to change/experiment with their LO. They don't want to scout an extra 30 sec. to find a base that fits their attack method well."

The game shouldn't be designed such that it is easy to 3 star bases. Its a strategy game and if bases can be easily 3 starred there is no strategy. I enjoyed the conflict on Tat last week as I had to employ a lot more strategy and tactics to get 2 and 3 stars against all the tough rebel bases, whereas in other conflicts on green planets is is mundane hitting dev bases for 3 stars all the time. Also I think some people struggle in wars being used to their easy dev bases and overpowered skins.
Regarding the subject of this thread, while the Rodian skin on sniper GR may be overpowered but I can tell you this:
-Every rebel who attacks my base by spamming jets in one corner loses....every time.
-Most rebels who employ strategy such as baiting and luring my GR and SC, or uses Kessen to take out the SC, or uses a combination of different units, or uses lots of air support wins...most of the time.
Key difference here is not the troops in defense, but the strategy of the attacker.

On the flip side I find rebel buffed jets equally overpowered. Whenever I face them in an SC my forces seem to get wiped out instantly, however whenever I have experimented with buffed jumps in my own SC they all seem to die pretty easily against Rebel attacking jets and are no where near as effective.
Overall its swings and roundabouts.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#86 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:10 pm

sgu97cab wrote:This comment is so so true:

"I think a big part of it is when it comes to PvP, people get lazy. They don't want to change/experiment with their LO. They don't want to scout an extra 30 sec. to find a base that fits their attack method well."

The game shouldn't be designed such that it is easy to 3 star bases. Its a strategy game and if bases can be easily 3 starred there is no strategy. I enjoyed the conflict on Tat last week as I had to employ a lot more strategy and tactics to get 2 and 3 stars against all the tough rebel bases, whereas in other conflicts on green planets is is mundane hitting dev bases for 3 stars all the time. Also I think some people struggle in wars being used to their easy dev bases and overpowered skins.
Regarding the subject of this thread, while the Rodian skin on sniper GR may be overpowered but I can tell you this:
-Every rebel who attacks my base by spamming jets in one corner loses....every time.
-Most rebels who employ strategy such as baiting and luring my GR and SC, or uses Kessen to take out the SC, or uses a combination of different units, or uses lots of air support wins...most of the time.
Key difference here is not the troops in defense, but the strategy of the attacker.

On the flip side I find rebel buffed jets equally overpowered. Whenever I face them in an SC my forces seem to get wiped out instantly, however whenever I have experimented with buffed jumps in my own SC they all seem to die pretty easily against Rebel attacking jets and are no where near as effective.

..sorry guy, then you choose wrong tactic to deal with "overpowered :roll: " jets, I dont use jets in my SC, bc good players have easy to deal with, on yt.de there are enough videos were bad attackers can get some inspiration.

By the way, game balance is not usefull, bc if all have the same skills, then we can shut down game....sometimes rebs are overpowered sometimes imps. To 2 star or 3 star a high buffed LEvel10 imp base I need lots of air support, but high imps need that for my base, too. So what, i can cry about the advantage vader vs. luke, mobile cannon vs hail, black cow vs Elite ATTE, GR sniper vs. GR vanguard... but I dont wanne cry, we are rebels, or did you ever see a star wars movie were rebels were overpowered ?

So what, rebels dont cry, kick imp butts.... :lol:

TNT
Major General

Post#87 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:21 am

boshuda21 wrote:I'm off line for a while and people are still talking about game imbalance? LOL For the love of Pete. Adapt people.

There is no adapt. R GR Snipers make everything that isn't a jet or a TX useless.
My lvl9 skinned Troopers (range 7) will die in 2 shots. My lvl9 skinned heavies (range 7)in 4. Random Airstrikes destroy Hailfire droids in a single go.

There is 1 strategy that works and it doesn't work against well layed out lvl 9/10s.

Stop and think about the following things before posting a reply please:
1: Like why do all imperials run Sonics/Bursts with Sniper reserve
2: Like why do all imperials run Bursts with Sniper reserve
3: Why are so many Rebels on Tatooine not attacking Imperials?
4: Why according to the KSOD commander stats are Rebels still leaving the game as fast as ever but have Imperials plateaud?
5: Why did the Devs nerfs snipers GR
6: Why did the Devs buff rebel jets
7: Why did the Devs nerfs Rodian/Sullustan skins (after the jet buff)
8: Why did the Devs nerf the Imperial Rapid Fire turrets
9: See my above points regarding some of the non jets units and please point out which units are fast/sturdy enough to bypass walls, get past the swarm of other units and kill towers to close the 3 range difference.

The devs appear to be fully aware of the incredible mess they've made with the R GR and the Rebels/Imperial jets but are still grasping at straws to fix this.

lma wrote:Can i ask what's your medal count? And are you imp or rebel?

Read his post again.
Only some Imperial commanders have the amazing skill to miss the imbalance Rodian GR are causing despite the large body of evidence to the contrary both in the Meta and otherwise.
He also fights against big guys on Tat and he also faces jets in SC, which is what rebels do.

sgu97cab wrote:This comment is so so true:

Can I summarise your post as followed?
Rebels complain about the Rodian sniper GR need to adapt and get better.
Rebel Jets are terrible. I don't need to adapt and get better.

Both are overpowered and need to be fixed.
However, only one of those equipment sets requires no cooking time, calls down airstrikes, works on GR and SC units at the same time, doesn't have a turret specifically to kill it and ensures that everything that isn't a skinned jet is useless.
I wonder which one needs a nerf harder...
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

boshuda21
Commodore

Post#88 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 pm

TNT wrote:There is no adapt. R GR Snipers make everything that isn't a jet or a TX useless.
My lvl9 skinned Troopers (range 7) will die in 2 shots. My lvl9 skinned heavies (range 7)in 4. Random Airstrikes destroy Hailfire droids in a single go.

There is 1 strategy that works and it doesn't work against well layed out lvl 9/10s.

Stop and think about the following things before posting a reply please:
1: Like why do all imperials run Sonics/Bursts with Sniper reserve
2: Like why do all imperials run Bursts with Sniper reserve
3: Why are so many Rebels on Tatooine not attacking Imperials?
4: Why according to the KSOD commander stats are Rebels still leaving the game as fast as ever but have Imperials plateaud?
5: Why did the Devs nerfs snipers GR
6: Why did the Devs buff rebel jets
7: Why did the Devs nerfs Rodian/Sullustan skins (after the jet buff)
8: Why did the Devs nerf the Imperial Rapid Fire turrets
9: See my above points regarding some of the non jets units and please point out which units are fast/sturdy enough to bypass walls, get past the swarm of other units and kill towers to close the 3 range difference.

The devs appear to be fully aware of the incredible mess they've made with the R GR and the Rebels/Imperial jets but are still grasping at straws to fix this.

Both are overpowered and need to be fixed.
However, only one of those equipment sets requires no cooking time, calls down airstrikes, works on GR and SC units at the same time, doesn't have a turret specifically to kill it and ensures that everything that isn't a skinned jet is useless.
I wonder which one needs a nerf harder...

Let me start by saying the air attacks from rodians are insignificant. I noticed zero differential effect on PvP and HD when I had them, when they were gone and when they returned. At least half the time they are called on units that had already died. This is why I suspect they were returned after being taken away.

1.+2. Because it works. It's not unbeatable. Every solid loss I sustain in D is due to a good strategy being implemented. I only ever see bursts, sonics and rockets on reb bases too.
3. don't know what you mean. I get attacked about once every 30-60 min on tat. I've got squadmates that earn up to 50 def wins on tat alone during a conflict (so do many rebels).
4. Was that a question or comment? - I'd take that KSOD stat with a grain of salt
5. They were OP. This was admitted by the devs.
6. I don't recall exactly, but I thought they dialed back the buff in a number of units (both sides), not turn around and buff the jets more.
7. Again, because they were still OP at the time. I've never denied that they were op when they first came out. We are talking about now, not a year ago.
8. Honestly, I don't know. I only noticed a significant difference in HD between the rapid/burst swap. PvP win rate was about the same before and after the change (buffed rapids vs. buffed bursts), once my burst boost was the same level as my rapids. My base has been essentially the same level for months as I am a maxed lv 9.
9. Nearly every single legit loss* I suffer is from a guy that runs less than 8 jets in his LO and runs a combination of different units (including sullustians). I rarely see TX attacks from rebels

*does not include people sniping my HQ with U-wings

Here is my LO for the record (* ~lv 7 buffs). I never use my SC in attacks and yes you read that right, I pack scout troopers in my LO.
10 storms*
4 scouts
1 kubaz
1 pig
4 TX*
6 jumps*
1 shock
EATAT

2 TIE Def (just in case)
2 VTs
4 Strikers
Occasionally I will add TIE F or Heal ships from HQ if I'm playing tat. for extended periods of time.

With this LO, I have the most difficulty with bases that run lots of nested sonics and/or light infantry GR with buffs. Those are available to both rebs and imps.

Again without essentially telling people how to beat these apparent OP snipers and jets, I will say your last statement essentially illustrates my previous post perfectly. You focused primarily on the fact that you need a specific unit to beat GR snipers or boosted jets, instead of using the unit's strengths and weaknesses (GR snipers have 3 huge weaknesses compared to jets) against it. e.g. I take advantage of the fact that jets are fast and clustered when dealing with them. Their firepower is irrelevant in my case.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#89 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 pm

@TNT

Sounds like I need to hit you up with contact details for the Rebels who do defeat my base even though I am running Sonics/Bursts/Rodians....maybe they can help you with some better offensive strategies.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

shazahm1
Captain

Post#90 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Oh my, we're still on still after several nerfs?!?

As an experiment, I stopped using the Sniper GR. I swapped it for the Dewback GR.

My, win/loss ratio on D did not change. The Sniper GR w/ Rodian skin is so low level that it appears to make no difference on D when compared to using Dewback GR instead.

I still run Rodians in the SC because they are effective. Rebs have an equivalent --> Sullustan which can be used in their SC.

From my experience, seems pretty balanced. Perhaps GR on both sides are still to OP and a nerf to all would be in order then I, as a mediocre player, could 3* every attach :)

Return to “General Discussions”