Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
YourFather
Major General

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#71 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 pm

bob1084 wrote:Way to long to quote again lol, and yeah you (your father) are probably right in the subtle differences vs. say imps getting a buff to vehicles which would have been a huge differentiator.

And don’t mind the snark lol, that’s basically my mo, but people I actually get to know don’t actually hate me.

I made the mistake of taking stuff on here personal 1 time and it won’t happen again (can admit I was completely wrong about “gourmet” and he ended up being really cool and helped me out a ton on line”.

Lastly,

No more highlighting.... ever

THAT was a scrub move

I think there's a potential for us to have an understanding Bob. Even calling people "scrubs" I don't intend to be malicious.
Gourmet, haven't heard from him since Playdom. He was quite the personality.

This part legitimately made me lol;

No more highlighting.... ever

THAT was a scrub move

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#72 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:43 am

And now everyone can go back to picking on Plagueis as usual. :)

Fritzie
Commander

Post#73 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:00 am

Rodian snipers are easy to lure away, kill them and make sure that you destroy the barracks before a new spawn. There are some challenges though, for example when the GR is high level and they keep spawning before you destroy the barracks and when you are on a green planet and you can barely see them. Hey, you can't win 'em all!

Having a good line to the barracks and a good lure-spot (far away, preferably with some non-shooting buildings) are key.

DrPain
Commodore

Post#74 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Plagueis wrote:The difference that I see is if rebels mess up on dealing with GR rodians by not luring or fanging and don’t use landseers to compensate, they’ll plink away and kill every jet very quickly.

If imps mess up by wasting too much time and don’t have a bunch of t-5s to compensate, so much GR stacks up that rebel turrets and SC troops have plenty of time to plink away and kill every jump very quickly.

I ran a recent test on Hoth using Decepticon as a control as I knew going in his defense was evil, with maxed tauntauns and sonics. Perfect for an all GR test. To get get an accurate testing session, I attacked him a bunch of times (probably thinks I have a vendetta or something now, lol) with a non-typical heavy-based loadout (which of course faceplanted hard the majority of the time...thought it would be good to test cold hails vs. ground units too since I was already going to most likely lose medals like mario punching a floating brick) to see the synergy between the recharge time of sonics and super high health GR units like tauntauns. He did track me down after I relocated and of course steamrolled my base with his best attack and a full load of landseers as expected. The rodians...They do NOTHING!!!! lol. Congrats, you had your revenge (not much loot, sorry) Decepticon but I might “poke the bear” again in the future with the cheesiest attack I can muster. In the case of Hoth, it’s going to be jumps and there will be a kessen shot involved to deal with those cold hails of yours.

In a nutshell, I would have to say high spawn-rate, high health GR are every bit if not even nastier than direct-damage units like GR rodians if done right.

He doesn't have maxed skins for most units (definitely not tauntauns). I don't think that he participates in most conflicts outside of Hoth, nor has he farmed frags using an HD base. He also hasn't bought much or any crates.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#75 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:05 am

DrPain wrote:
Plagueis wrote:The difference that I see is if rebels mess up on dealing with GR rodians by not luring or fanging and don’t use landseers to compensate, they’ll plink away and kill every jet very quickly.

If imps mess up by wasting too much time and don’t have a bunch of t-5s to compensate, so much GR stacks up that rebel turrets and SC troops have plenty of time to plink away and kill every jump very quickly.

I ran a recent test on Hoth using Decepticon as a control as I knew going in his defense was evil, with maxed tauntauns and sonics. Perfect for an all GR test. To get get an accurate testing session, I attacked him a bunch of times (probably thinks I have a vendetta or something now, lol) with a non-typical heavy-based loadout (which of course faceplanted hard the majority of the time...thought it would be good to test cold hails vs. ground units too since I was already going to most likely lose medals like mario punching a floating brick) to see the synergy between the recharge time of sonics and super high health GR units like tauntauns. He did track me down after I relocated and of course steamrolled my base with his best attack and a full load of landseers as expected. The rodians...They do NOTHING!!!! lol. Congrats, you had your revenge (not much loot, sorry) Decepticon but I might “poke the bear” again in the future with the cheesiest attack I can muster. In the case of Hoth, it’s going to be jumps and there will be a kessen shot involved to deal with those cold hails of yours.

In a nutshell, I would have to say high spawn-rate, high health GR are every bit if not even nastier than direct-damage units like GR rodians if done right.

He doesn't have maxed skins for most units (definitely not tauntauns). I don't think that he participates in most conflicts outside of Hoth, nor has he farmed frags using an HD base. He also hasn't bought much or any crates.

That’s crazy stuff then! I can’t imagine those tauntauns being tougher. I guess it’s also good news that I probably don’t have to level my int-4 skin all the way up to hopefully have them be effective against at least mid-level jet skin. Thanks for the info.

Zach
Commodore

Post#76 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:17 am

I got tauntaunts at lv5 and they r +381%

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#77 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 am

Zach wrote:I got tauntaunts at lv5 and they r +381%

381%?!?

I shake my head. That says a lot about how all of these buffs are over powered. And I say that whether it's jets, guard reserve, or turrets.

What this game really needs is a 381% nerf of all buffs on both factions. Perhaps then people could attack using units other than jets.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

shazahm1
Captain

Post#78 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:06 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Perhaps then people could attack using units other than jets.

I'll use loadouts other that Jumps, particularly when the objective is deploy 122 Stormtroopers or 21 Heavy Troopers. For example on Tatooine last night I had the Stormtrooper objective. I loaded up with (I'm a lvl9, so 108 UC):

4 AI
81 Storms
1 Lugga

On two attacks matched against real, not dev bases, lvl10 Rebs with GR, not monster maxed out lvl10's admittedly. I still managed to squeak 3* each time. That meant dropping the flag which were 5 Rodians and used half my Strikers and My Deka-O.

When I attack with Heavies my loadout is something like:

2 AI
4 Rodians
Topped off with as many Heavies that will fit.

Dropping the flag with Jumps, using half my Strikers and Deka-O I can usually pull a 2-3* win.

I'm not saying I'm some super awesome player, or anything, because I'm not. At best I'm mediocre. I'm just saying other loadouts are possible and they can win. For Imps any way. And, judging from my playbacks the most successful Rebs use a varied loadout. The Reb 100% Jet loadout does not do as well.

Disclaimers:
- Vader with the Lord Vader lvl5 skin is my hero of choice in all loadouts.
- My primary loadout is Jump heavy. I take Twileks, Kubaz and Shock Troopers.
- My offensive skins are all in the range of lvl 5-7.
- Off course I do not know the Reb GR skin lvls but judging on the spawn rate they were roughly lvl5.

Zach
Commodore

Post#79 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Shazahm1, u cleaned me up in Tat a few days ago. Nice moves :-)

shazahm1
Captain

Post#80 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Zach wrote:Shazahm1, u cleaned me up in Tat a few days ago. Nice moves :-)

thx! Was a battle I won or did I just take most your loot? My win rate on Tatooine is not much better than 50% due to matching. I find that pretty fun compared to rolling dev bases.

If you want to get me back, I’ll be camping out on Dandorin for the next week.

Return to “General Discussions”