Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
YourFather
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#61 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 pm

ObiTwo wrote:
YourFather wrote:Rapids priorotize infantry genius. They lock onto your jets, a few hails can bring down turret health for when one or two jets finally target, it's easily destroyed. Much like softening up turrets with a defender/b-wing.

Then again, I wouldn't expect a scrub to appreciate the intricacies of micro strategy.


That's a perfect example of a scrub statement. You clearly do not play EVER as a rebel. You have no idea what you are talking about, but as usual you pontificate your opinion as if its fact. Zero replays from you, zero evidence, zero quotation game data to make your case.

So quickly you discount other peoples comments, but all you ever do is state opinion and anecdotal information.

Hailfires (apart from on Hoth) can't be buffed, the buffed rapids not only do more damage, they have extra health, and hailfire damage bounces off them like rain on a hot tin roof. Not to mention they are typically behind walls (which the hails have to shoot first, and which can also be buffed) and generally under shields. Sure good tactics can help you take down shields, take out walls and then start firing on the rapids, but that all takes time, in which GR snipers are spawning.

Quit talking out your proverbial and start providing ANY evidence for the things you stay.

Scrub!

Next.


Ha, it's funny to see all these hurt little puppies come out of the woodwork. Bring me your pain and your tears!

First of all, you need to educate yourself on the definition of a scrub in gaming. I graciously provided the entire forum with a link to that definition a few posts back.

Secondly, my base actually was recently hundied with hailfire SUPPORT. No I don't have the replay or a SS because you may have noticed there's an event going on and attacking a lot erases your defense log. Also, I do not store random freaking replays and screen shots from my defense log like some paranoid, tinfoil hat-wearing schizo who; "has everything ready just in case I get into an argument about X conversation with some guy on the internet."

I do, however, pay attention to and appreciate good strategy, even when it's used against me. I'm not saying everyone can pull it off but that guy sure did. The difference between you and me is that when somebody wrecks my base, I don't come on here crying about "X" being OP.

As far as providing evidence, it's interesting you've lead your whiner brethren into this pitfall. This entire thread is people complaining about something that happened to them without any support. The burden of evidence isn't on me guy, it's on the OP and everyone whining along with him.


User avatar
Jaykoz3
Commodore
Posts: 127

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#62 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:53 pm

All I see is rebel attacks consisting of a WED in the corner luring the GR, a Jet Horde of 22, and 5-6 Lanseers. 75-100% victory everytime


User avatar
YourFather
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#63 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Plagueis wrote:I’m assuming he’s talking about hoth anyways because I don’t think any imp uses mhcs outside of that planet. If so, I have seen rebel attacks where cold hails screen for jets.


You don't screen with hails. I might have been on Hoth though. That part I am uncertain (it was last week at the earliest). It did leave an impression on me though because like everyone else criticizing my assertion, I thought hails were dead. Then there they were on my defense log next to a 100% loss...


User avatar
ObiTwo
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#64 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Plagueis wrote:I’m assuming he’s talking about hoth anyways because I don’t think any imp uses mhcs outside of that planet. If so, I have seen rebel attacks where cold hails screen for jets.


Nope he isnt. Hails were put forward as the solution to buffed rapids which are available on every planet and confirmed in his subsequent response.

YourFather wrote:Ha, it's funny to see all these hurt little puppies come out of the woodwork. Bring me your pain and your tears!

First of all, you need to educate yourself on the definition of a scrub in gaming. I graciously provided the entire forum with a link to that definition a few posts back.

Secondly, my base actually was recently hundied with hailfire SUPPORT. No I don't have the replay or a SS because you may have noticed there's an event going on and attacking a lot erases your defense log. Also, I do not store random freaking replays and screen shots from my defense log like some paranoid, tinfoil hat-wearing schizo who; "has everything ready just in case I get into an argument about X conversation with some guy on the internet."

I do, however, pay attention to and appreciate good strategy, even when it's used against me. I'm not saying everyone can pull it off but that guy sure did. The difference between you and me is that when somebody wrecks my base, I don't come on here crying about "X" being OP.

As far as providing evidence, it's interesting you've lead your whiner brethren into this pitfall. This entire thread is people complaining about something that happened to them without any support. The burden of evidence isn't on me guy, it's on the OP and everyone whining along with him.


Sure one rebel cleared your base and used some hailfires to do it, appreciate more anecdotal evidence. I never said it wasn't possible, I said they aren't effective against buffed rapids and a well designed base. To be more precise they are less effective than other strategies. Doesn't mean they can't be used, but it also doesn't mean they should be used either.

I've never come on here and complained someone wrecked my base. Point me to a single post. So the difference between us is not as you contend, but rather that you just make sweeping and unfounded accusations and rarely if ever back up anything you say with any actual proof. Onus now on you to prove otherwise...

Sure plenty of people are coming on here and posting their opinions and talking about their in game experience. No argument from me. Most don't provide any evidence or replays. No argument from me. However most are also not calling people names, attacking them for doing so and then doing the very same thing themselves...

Next.

YourFather wrote:
Plagueis wrote:I’m assuming he’s talking about hoth anyways because I don’t think any imp uses mhcs outside of that planet. If so, I have seen rebel attacks where cold hails screen for jets.


You don't screen with hails. I might have been on Hoth though. That part I am uncertain (it was last week at the earliest). It did leave an impression on me though because like everyone else criticizing my assertion, I thought hails were dead. Then there they were on my defense log next to a 100% loss...


Oh and now you might have been on hoth. Ha!! Considered me amused.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 101

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#65 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pm

First, I do ok attacking...... with crap jet buffs lol.

I guess I am a scrub tho....

The sad thing about people like you is you can’t see what me (and many others) have said.... why not equal GR/jets/turrets?

I guess I am a scrub....

Perhaps it’s because and I quote “rebs should have it harder bc they did in the movie”

I guess I am a scrub.....

If someone is using hails off of Hoth I seriously doubt you were hundied, unless of course your buffs were off....

I guess I am a scrub....

What squad you in/why don’t you enter no op squad matchmaking (if you aren’t already)?


User avatar
YourFather
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#66 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 pm

ObiTwo wrote:
Plagueis wrote:I’m assuming he’s talking about hoth anyways because I don’t think any imp uses mhcs outside of that planet. If so, I have seen rebel attacks where cold hails screen for jets.


Nope he isnt. Hails were put forward as the solution to buffed rapids which are available on every planet and confirmed in his subsequent response.

YourFather wrote:Ha, it's funny to see all these hurt little puppies come out of the woodwork. Bring me your pain and your tears!

First of all, you need to educate yourself on the definition of a scrub in gaming. I graciously provided the entire forum with a link to that definition a few posts back.

Secondly, my base actually was recently hundied with hailfire SUPPORT. No I don't have the replay or a SS because you may have noticed there's an event going on and attacking a lot erases your defense log. Also, I do not store random freaking replays and screen shots from my defense log like some paranoid, tinfoil hat-wearing schizo who; "has everything ready just in case I get into an argument about X conversation with some guy on the internet."

I do, however, pay attention to and appreciate good strategy, even when it's used against me. I'm not saying everyone can pull it off but that guy sure did. The difference between you and me is that when somebody wrecks my base, I don't come on here crying about "X" being OP.

As far as providing evidence, it's interesting you've lead your whiner brethren into this pitfall. This entire thread is people complaining about something that happened to them without any support. The burden of evidence isn't on me guy, it's on the OP and everyone whining along with him.


Sure one rebel cleared your base and used some hailfires to do it, appreciate more anecdotal evidence. I never said it wasn't possible, I said they aren't effective against buffed rapids and a well designed base. To be more precise they are less effective than other strategies. Doesn't mean they can't be used, but it also doesn't mean they should be used either.

I've never come on here and complained someone wrecked my base. Point me to a single post. So the difference between us is not as you contend, but rather that you just make sweeping and unfounded accusations and rarely if ever back up anything you say with any actual proof. Onus now on you to prove otherwise...

Sure plenty of people are coming on here and posting their opinions and talking about their in game experience. No argument from me. Most don't provide any evidence or replays. No argument from me. However most are also not calling people names, attacking them for doing so and then doing the very same thing themselves...

Next.

YourFather wrote:
Plagueis wrote:I’m assuming he’s talking about hoth anyways because I don’t think any imp uses mhcs outside of that planet. If so, I have seen rebel attacks where cold hails screen for jets.


You don't screen with hails. I might have been on Hoth though. That part I am uncertain (it was last week at the earliest). It did leave an impression on me though because like everyone else criticizing my assertion, I thought hails were dead. Then there they were on my defense log next to a 100% loss...


Oh and now you might have been on hoth. Ha!! Considered me amused.



Oh and now hails can be used, hmm? You've quickly changed your tune and you're making it seem like I'm the one changing my story. Everything I've said has been pretty consistent. You, on the otherhand, went from using the colorful analogy of hails being "like rain on a hot tin roof" to "sure, they can be used..."

I offered the hail solution because it was something that was used effectively against my base. What I don't see from you, Mr. High Horse, is any form of offering of strategy to anyone. Nothing. Maybe you could have said, "hey, try trickling in ithorians to distract turrets" or "hey, tanks have a shorter range and are armored against rapids" or literally ANY FREAKING THING. No, instead, you saw someone smacking people with reality and decided "this guy is just plain mwean!"

Then you thought, "oh, he's offering fringe strategy that doesn't fit with my norm of thinking and most people won't accept, here's my chance!"

And for the record, I don't think that rebels are the only whiny scrubs on here. There are plenty of imperials who whine and I consider to be equally annoying.

To close, let's take a look at this paragraph;

Sure plenty of people are coming on here and posting their opinions and talking about their in game experience. No argument from me. Most don't provide any evidence or replays. No argument from me. However most are also not calling people names, attacking them for doing so and then doing the very same thing themselves.

1. Are you seriously butt-hurt because I called a few people "scrubs"? How do you even live in the real world?

2. Attacking people for what? Whining? Well I'm not whining guy so I don't see what this was supposed to prove...


User avatar
ObiTwo
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#67 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 pm

YourFather wrote:
To close, let's take a look at this paragraph;

Sure plenty of people are coming on here and posting their opinions and talking about their in game experience. No argument from me. Most don't provide any evidence or replays. No argument from me. However most are also not calling people names, attacking them for doing so and then doing the very same thing themselves.

1. Are you seriously butt-hurt because I called a few people "scrubs"? How do you even live in the real world?

2. Attacking people for what? Whining? Well I'm not whining guy so I don't see what this was supposed to prove...


You're a hypocrite. And all I ever see from you is whining. It offends my eyes much like that yellow highlighting you just used. :)
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)


User avatar
YourFather
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#68 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:47 pm

bob1084 wrote:First, I do ok attacking...... with crap jet buffs lol.

I guess I am a scrub tho....

The sad thing about people like you is you can’t see what me (and many others) have said.... why not equal GR/jets/turrets?

I guess I am a scrub....

Perhaps it’s because and I quote “rebs should have it harder bc they did in the movie”

I guess I am a scrub.....

If someone is using hails off of Hoth I seriously doubt you were hundied, unless of course your buffs were off....

I guess I am a scrub....

What squad you in/why don’t you enter no op squad matchmaking (if you aren’t already)?


Hey bob, I'm thinking this is your way of signaling for a dialogue without all the previous snark between us. I have been known to over think things but hey, I'll give it a go.

It's not that I don't understand the issue rebels have with imperial sniper gr or that imperials have with rebel jets. In fact, if you do some digging, I've advocated more than once everyone should be given the same thing. Being fully honest here, I only feel that way because I find the balance discussions exhausting. Everyone has their own opinion and people will never agree.

The reason why we don't have the same toys has everything to do with the devs wanting each faction to be unique. It is believed we would get bored if everything was the same between factions stat-wise but with visual differences.

I moderately agree with the above statement due to my long-time experience with several different RTS games (including Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds in which the stats were identical from what I remember).

I think where the devs fail here is that the differences are too subtle to the point where the arguments can persist. If the factions were totally different, for example, make imperial troops more numerous but less effective stat-wise, it would be harder to argue imbalance.

The game has progressed too far to make these huge changes. We're probably too far in to make everything the same also. So what we are left with is this state of in between, semi different, semi equal and neither side really appears to be happy.

So it's not so simple as "give rebels sniper gr!" You also have to buff imperials in the process. But if you over buff imperials you'll have to change the rebels again but if X affects Y, where does Z and θ fit in?

Or, we can all suck it up, quit whining, and learn the tools we are given.


User avatar
YourFather
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 pm

ObiTwo wrote:
YourFather wrote:
To close, let's take a look at this paragraph;

Sure plenty of people are coming on here and posting their opinions and talking about their in game experience. No argument from me. Most don't provide any evidence or replays. No argument from me. However most are also not calling people names, attacking them for doing so and then doing the very same thing themselves.

1. Are you seriously butt-hurt because I called a few people "scrubs"? How do you even live in the real world?

2. Attacking people for what? Whining? Well I'm not whining guy so I don't see what this was supposed to prove...


You're a hypocrite. And all I ever see from you is whining. It offends my eyes much like that yellow highlighting you just used. :)


You were just ripping on me for name-calling and ironically, you just called me a hypocrite.

NEXT


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 101

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#70 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Way to long to quote again lol, and yeah you (your father) are probably right in the subtle differences vs. say imps getting a buff to vehicles which would have been a huge differentiator.

And don’t mind the snark lol, that’s basically my mo, but people I actually get to know don’t actually hate me.

I made the mistake of taking stuff on here personal 1 time and it won’t happen again (can admit I was completely wrong about “gourmet” and he ended up being really cool and helped me out a ton on line”.

Lastly,

No more highlighting.... ever

THAT was a scrub move


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Dealer, Dolphin75, Facebook [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jaykoz3, LedgeLord, LosVega, Nescib, SpaceDandy, thisguy20, XitLiteNtrNite and 36 guests