Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#31 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:26 pm

rawrebel wrote:Well,empire players will allways say that the Sniper Gr with rodian skin isn't op and rebel Gr are really nasty to deal and i can undertand they want to preserve the advantage but the truth is only a small % of playera play both sides with a lv 10 base so they will never understand how really Op the Gr with skin is.
Only players with dual faction top bases can see the reality and compare them for good.Attack with one side troops then wit other side troops then can be seen how problematic is for rebels to deal with rodent Gr.
Baiting only work partialy ,on lower level Gr ,but after lv6/7 the snipers spawn faster and there is when one is in trouble,when baracks are well covered there is no way to kill them all fast enough and jets will drop like flies before 300% sniper multiplier vs infantry and 65/70% boost of a lv6/7 rodian skin.
There is no rebel Gr to even be close on that.
So yes,sniper should go away

High level bantha GR and tauntaun skin. That’s all I have to say about there being no rebel GR that’s even close as effective. You know it’s bad when level 10 snipes with lvl 7 rodian skins on offense have trouble with them. You can say it’s only on Hoth but it’s a dominant enough advantage along with an SC full of cold hails to drive many high level rebels to camp out there. Some will even chase you around the galaxy to barely win and then will go right back to hoth to hide like a nerf herder behind those units because they would get massacred on any other planet otherwise.

SFOne
Commodore

Post#32 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Plagueis wrote:
rawrebel wrote:Well,empire players will allways say that the Sniper Gr with rodian skin isn't op and rebel Gr are really nasty to deal and i can undertand they want to preserve the advantage but the truth is only a small % of playera play both sides with a lv 10 base so they will never understand how really Op the Gr with skin is.
Only players with dual faction top bases can see the reality and compare them for good.Attack with one side troops then wit other side troops then can be seen how problematic is for rebels to deal with rodent Gr.
Baiting only work partialy ,on lower level Gr ,but after lv6/7 the snipers spawn faster and there is when one is in trouble,when baracks are well covered there is no way to kill them all fast enough and jets will drop like flies before 300% sniper multiplier vs infantry and 65/70% boost of a lv6/7 rodian skin.

High level bantha GR and tauntaun skin. That’s all I have to say about there being no rebel GR that’s even close as effective. You know it’s bad when level 10 snipes with lvl 7 rodian skins on offense have trouble with them. You can say it’s only on Hoth but it’s a dominant enough advantage along with an SC full of cold hails to drive many high level rebels to camp out there. Some will even chase you around the galaxy to barely win and then will go right back to hoth to hide like a nerf herder behind those units because they would get massacred on any other planet otherwise.

... And dewbacks (which are faster, and have higher HP than the equivalent bantha GR, btw) can't be skinned with whatever the imp dewback skin is? :? Cold hails? Sure. Cold MHC. And you could have them coming out of factories and walking along walls if you like. Not so long ago you dismissed the complaint about MHCs and Dewbacks being skinned on Hoth since it only affected one planet. Now you bring up banthas, tauntauns and Hails.
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 pm

SFOne wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

... And dewbacks (which are faster, and have higher HP than the equivalent bantha GR, btw) can't be skinned with whatever the imp dewback skin is? :? Cold hails? Sure. Cold MHC. And you could have them coming out of factories and walking along walls if you like. Not so long ago you dismissed the complaint about MHCs and Dewbacks being skinned on Hoth since it only affected one planet. Now you bring up banthas, tauntauns and Hails.

Bad, Dave ... bad!

Don't engage ... just don't do it dammit!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

SFOne
Commodore

Post#34 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:55 pm

:lol: :lol: Fun sometimes!!
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

AeroSith
Captain

Post#35 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:59 pm

:lol: :lol:
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!

YourFather
Major General

Post#36 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Man, took a break from the forum for a couple of months and now I'm coming back to the same crap. People willing to say ANYTHING to make it feel like they weren't the reason why their attack failed.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

NOTHING BEATS RODIAN SNIPERS!
REBELS LOSE THE MOST ON ATTACK/DEFENSE!
GR RODIANS ARE JUST AS STRONG AS SC RODIANS!
THE EMPIRE IS NO FAIR!

Hear me out guys as this is the only point I'm going to make.
Consider for one second that maybe YOU are doing something wrong? Maybe you're not as good as you think?

If you're either side right now and can't win an attack against a real player you suck.

Accept that and adapt or quit. Just stop clogging up the forum with your whining.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#37 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:58 pm

YourFather wrote:Man, took a break from the forum for a couple of months and now I'm coming back to the same crap. People willing to say ANYTHING to make it feel like they weren't the reason why their attack failed.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

THE EMPIRE IS NO FAIR!

Consider for one second that maybe YOU are doing something wrong? Maybe you're not as good as you think?

If you're either side right now and can't win an attack against a real player you suck.

Accept that and adapt or quit. Just stop clogging up the forum with your whining.

Well, a failed attack is not only because of skills but also a mismatch in armory level. If you see a base with lots of loots, especially CBs, then chance is that the base has high armory level (active players tend to accumulate lots of loots, and they ususally have high level armory equipment too.).

YourFather
Major General

Post#38 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
YourFather wrote:Man, took a break from the forum for a couple of months and now I'm coming back to the same crap. People willing to say ANYTHING to make it feel like they weren't the reason why their attack failed.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

THE EMPIRE IS NO FAIR!

Well, a failed attack is not only because of skills but also a mismatch in armory level. If you see a base with lots of loots, especially CBs, then chance is that the base has high armory level (active players tend to accumulate lots of loots, and they ususally have high level armory equipment too.).

Which has nothing to do with game imbalance.

Next.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#39 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

THE EMPIRE IS NO FAIR!

Something wrong? So what are rebs to do?

1. use different loadouts because imps whine about the number of jets that someone uses?

2. We now can’t use medships or the great and wise one will complain about that being a “win button”

3. And my all time favorite now is SKINNED BANTHAS ARE OP. Lmao! A great belly chuckle from that one.

Perhaps, HUGE stretch here, we (rebs, contrary to imp thinking) actually do watch our defensive replays and see attack after attack that Completely disregards our GR that we think to ourselves “how many defensive wins would I have right now if this game were balanced.”

But go back into your hole and keep carrying the “everything is balanced” banner. It’s actually sad that you all want the imbalance this bad that you lash out at people.

Wait for it..... heavy med combo....

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#40 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm

SFOne wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

“Dominant enough advantage” is the key here.

Imps don’t really get a leg up when it comes to guard reserve on any planet as our best option is GR snipes with rodian skins. Even then it’s hit or miss because we know that four units per wave is easier to deal with than 8 per wave. Not to mention imp and rebel GR useage is different.

Rebel GR runs off of the premise of flooding the battlefield with as many meat shields as possible to slow enemy jumps, which take a while to chew their wat through the masses of infantry. Imps try to blast jumps out of the sky with snipes. That’s our best option as jets are pretty good at mowing through guard reserve very quickly and without losing too many units in the process, especially when luring.

That takes us to Hoth where toughest GR units are the ones that rebels inherently use and are effective on other worlds. This is the advange that rebels specifically have on Hoth that imps do not. Our GR rodians do not get better, mhcs still do 50% damage to flying units with a cold GR mhc being around the equivalent of a normal lvl 10 mhc in power at best...vs. buffed jets. And int-4s are probably less durable that tauntauns when you factor in that they’re typically trying to stop a unit that does more damage to them than jumps do to tauntauns. As I said before, Hoth is a hotbed for high level rebels to camp out on. This is the reason why.

Also, keep in mind jets do more damage than equivalent jumps and are better able to wade through units like int-4s and more buildings in between waves. That’s less time taking turret fire vs. what imps experience and less GR units to deal with. Not to mention the name of the game is getting to the barracks as fast as possible which is something jets generally do better than jumps.

Then there’s the problem with cold mhcs and the long gap in between firing that in conjunction with having more health allows jets to receive landseer heals and compensate without dying. This is against lvl 10 mhcs with a modest level skin which happen to be FAR more powerful than the low level GR mhcs. Unless an imp can get their lvl 10 cold mhcs to stack, they aren’t stopping 17+ healed jets with landseers. The bad part is if they do stack, they become fang bait. Put jumps against an sc full of cold hails and even rapidly spamming t-5s won’t keep them up. It barely does against one or two of them. This comes from experience and kessen sniping the SC is the wisest option for imps on Hoth TBH.

I don’t want to get into a back and forth with people who say “nuh uh!!” call me names and typically don’t give a logical and respectful counter argument. If anyone has one, I’m happy to listen and will admit when I’m wrong. This is coming from an HQ 10 player. It’s not the same experience as HQ9 and below in many cases and I’ll be the first one to admit that. But this is just what I see when I play the game, so take it as you will.
Last edited by Plagueis on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussions”