Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Major General

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#21 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 am

Luring is easy and no one should really pretend that it's some high end strategy. In addition, in the good old days it was a pretty good strategy, these days however it is mostly reliant on luck instead of actual commander quality.

I've more than once had my "strategy" be foiled because the invisible unit apparently made a beeline for my lure bot. Que 4-8 waves of bombers decimating the lure and leaving all the snipers under the shields to pick off my attack force at their leisure.

I do get a good laugh out of Kessen bowling shot. Where I succesfully lure, then put Kessen in their path with a railgun shot. Seeing a line of dead bodies if always funny.

I do love it though when I put my lure on a mine cleverly hidden in a corner. I remember when the imperials used to have to lure, I'd do the same. :)

Sniper/Vanguard guard reserve is terrible and should be removed. It will never be removed though, but the devs at least realize it's terrible hence their recent feeble attempts at rebalancing. I hope they'll do some more rebalancing soon.
In addition, Boog is absolutely right regarding the jets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't every commander these days just hitting dev bases with the occasionaly badly defended big base for resources?
I know me and my entire Squad are and I've seen multiple imperials on the forums advise others to go to green planets to do the same. I'd think that this says something about both sides and the state of the game.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Zach
Commodore

Post#22 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:00 am

Everything u said TNT is true. Especially about dev bases. Last conflict I spend some time on hoth for a change. I used cold weather hails in defence and got 6 wins. Must of surprised some imps. Only did it to change up things. My hoth equipment were getting rusty so I thought y not lol!!

SFOne
Captain

Post#23 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:56 am

AdmiralNick wrote:....or b. Increase the level of rebel shock trooper to have more of a dmg impact At this point in the game bout side really do basically use the same loads just different heroes
The vanguards spawning from barracks start at level 8 for the level 1 guard reserve equipment and are level 10 if you have level 10 gr.

TNT wrote:Luring is easy and no one should really pretend that it's some high end strategy. In addition, in the good old days it was a pretty good strategy, these days however it is mostly reliant on luck instead of actual commander quality.
I don't believe anyone has stated or is pretending it is some high end strategy... But to say NO strategy is being used is patently false. We can have a separate debate about what is a good/bad/'high end' strategy :lol:
TNT wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't every commander these days just hitting dev bases with the occasionaly badly defended big base for resources?
I know me and my entire Squad are and I've seen multiple imperials on the forums advise others to go to green planets to do the same. I'd think that this says something about both sides and the state of the game.

Well it's the case for me. I am so busy in real life I don't have time to do anything other than hit a few dev bases for EP on tat. The EP system, the points required in the time given encourages mindlessly attacking Dev bases... This can't be good for the game. It's boring as hell.
Rebel Level 10 70k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

DarthHunter
Commodore

Post#24 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 am

I'm in the same boat but as I'm fortunate enough to have a bit more time to spare, I generally grind the EP points needed from the Devs first to use the time as effectively as possible. THEN I look at what elite crates I can grind, especially if I'm using use the hopping perks. If the crates require deploying rubbish troops, then I might use the Devs again to avoid needless face planting and losing. But if I find a player I fancy taking on, I'll certainly give it a go, especially if Contra chasing.

Anyway, personally I go for the GR Sniper and Rodian + speeders + dew back + Rapid Fire heatsink, but as my base is a corner set up to maximise Heroic Defences, I fully expect to get rolled. But it's surprising how many times I still win defences purely due to sloppy attacking – even from skinned jets.

boshuda21
Captain

Post#25 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:50 am

Most dev bases I see (on pretty much any planet) have less than 10k of credits/alloy. They are only worth for medals and objective filling.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#26 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:21 am

@OP:
This subject has been beaten to death many times over...

I am sure you mean well and no offence but please, there are about 50 threads some of those 100s of postings long saying Rodians suck jumps suck imps suck devs suck...
It has become cyclical...

Find a type of base you can beat easily or adapt tactics. E.g. do not go for big shiny L10 bases with deeply buried barracks and factories and a very high ranking unless looking for plunder... visit me someday, very welcoming and friendly atmosphere :twisted:
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

chicohound
Captain

Post#27 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

Enough about the rodian snipers deploying from barracks and/or SC's. Adapt or go play tic-tac-toe with the kids.

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#28 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 am

Well,empire players will allways say that the Sniper Gr with rodian skin isn't op and rebel Gr are really nasty to deal and i can undertand they want to preserve the advantage but the truth is only a small % of playera play both sides with a lv 10 base so they will never understand how really Op the Gr with skin is.
Only players with dual faction top bases can see the reality and compare them for good.Attack with one side troops then wit other side troops then can be seen how problematic is for rebels to deal with rodent Gr.
Baiting only work partialy ,on lower level Gr ,but after lv6/7 the snipers spawn faster and there is when one is in trouble,when baracks are well covered there is no way to kill them all fast enough and jets will drop like flies before 300% sniper multiplier vs infantry and 65/70% boost of a lv6/7 rodian skin.
There is no rebel Gr to even be close on that.
So yes,sniper should go away

carlos413
Commodore

Post#29 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:52 am

Time to start the popcorn
Sypress Officer HQ Lvl 10, 44k medals.
Yodas Padawans is recruiting Open to all
Line ID sypress2

shazahm1
Captain

Post#30 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:30 am

Lvl9 Imp here...

I routinely swap the Sniper (lvl5) for the Dewback (lvl7) on defence. In my player pool it has no impact whats so ever on my defense win/loss ratio (ratio favors loss).

What does make a difference is the 4 Snipers + IA (lvl9) popping out from the SC. If the Reb does not get the shields down and use a Fang on them in time they'll pick off most the Jets quite quickly whether or not the Rodian skin is applied. If the SC gets Kessen snipped, then the buffed mounting + heat sink (both lvl8) still provide an adequate defense. It seems like a toss up whether the Reb will win or lose. I suspect it is directly related to the lvl of their Jet skin.

The one thing I will say, the Rebs which 3* my base, rarely are they the ones who attack with nothing but Jet troopers. This seems to mirror my experience when attacking Rebs on Tatooine. If I attack with nothing but Jump troopers, my win/loss ratio is roughly 50%. I can only do better use a more diverse troop loadout which includes heavies, snipers, a couple IAs + SC and Tie Strikers. That increases my chance of a win but ONLY 1* or 2*. Since I'm matched against high lvl Rebs on Tatooine, that seems fair. I should NOT easily 3* their base. What fun would that be?

Return to “General Discussions”