Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
sgu97cab
Major General

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#11 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Its all about tactics and strategy. I had Rodian GR and INT4 GR active the other day on Hoth and lost. The attacking rebel did something very unusual, it confused me at first, I had to have a real think, then I worked it out....He had employed some strategy to his attack! Rather than dumping a ton of jets in one spot he deployed a couple of soldiers to trigger the GR then put a droid in the corner, waited for all the GR to head off for the corner, then sent in his main force through the back door and claimed 2 stars, some nice loot including contra.
I have to say I do watch the majority of the replays and it has been a long time since I saw someone utilize what could be refereed to as a 'strategy' for attacking me.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Zach
Commodore

Post#12 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Yep. I do the same. I use a wed instead.

SFOne
Commodore

Post#13 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:51 pm

I go in to every battle assuming I'm facing level 10 GR and so work to a 30 second window.

There are probably 3 or 4 different approaches I use depending on the base, and for each one keeping an eye on the timer is key.

Wading through GR is a real problem for both sides, and I'd argue when you take all things into account, fairly even. The sniper, and then rodian skin can certainly create a less forgiving experience, and of course there is the advantage of making your GR more potent and those SC snipers extremely deadly all with one skin for imps.

I do find it amusing all these throwaway comments about no strategy being used. Sure, people are perhaps using homogeneous loadouts these days... but if you deploy 21 level 10 skinned jets/jumps without any strategy and think that's a golden ticket to a win... I think you'll be disappointed...
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:56 pm

The difference that I see is if rebels mess up on dealing with GR rodians by not luring or fanging and don’t use landseers to compensate, they’ll plink away and kill every jet very quickly.

If imps mess up by wasting too much time and don’t have a bunch of t-5s to compensate, so much GR stacks up that rebel turrets and SC troops have plenty of time to plink away and kill every jump very quickly.

I ran a recent test on Hoth using Decepticon as a control as I knew going in his defense was evil, with maxed tauntauns and sonics. Perfect for an all GR test. To get get an accurate testing session, I attacked him a bunch of times (probably thinks I have a vendetta or something now, lol) with a non-typical heavy-based loadout (which of course faceplanted hard the majority of the time...thought it would be good to test cold hails vs. ground units too since I was already going to most likely lose medals like mario punching a floating brick) to see the synergy between the recharge time of sonics and super high health GR units like tauntauns. He did track me down after I relocated and of course steamrolled my base with his best attack and a full load of landseers as expected. The rodians...They do NOTHING!!!! lol. Congrats, you had your revenge (not much loot, sorry) Decepticon but I might “poke the bear” again in the future with the cheesiest attack I can muster. In the case of Hoth, it’s going to be jumps and there will be a kessen shot involved to deal with those cold hails of yours.

In a nutshell, I would have to say high spawn-rate, high health GR are every bit if not even nastier than direct-damage units like GR rodians if done right.
Last edited by Plagueis on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SFOne
Commodore

Post#15 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Plagueis wrote:The difference that I see is if rebels mess up on dealing with GR rodians and don’t use landseers to compensate, they plink away and kill every jet very quickly.

Well, this is that less forgiving experience.

Plagueis wrote:If imps mess up and don’t have a bunch of t-5s to compensate, so much GR stacks up that rebel turrets and SC troops have plenty of time to plink away and kill every jump very quickly.
This is true of both factions, depending on GR combination, of course. The difference I see is that rebs could have to deal with both scenarios in the same attack whilst imps have to only deal with the later.

But imps have weaker jumps. But imp gr puts out more HP into the field. But reb rapids aren't as strong as imps. And so on it goes. :roll:
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:24 pm

SFOne wrote:
Plagueis wrote:The difference that I see is if rebels mess up on dealing with GR rodians and don’t use landseers to compensate, they plink away and kill every jet very quickly.

Well, this is that less forgiving experience.

Plagueis wrote:If imps mess up and don’t have a bunch of t-5s to compensate, so much GR stacks up that rebel turrets and SC troops have plenty of time to plink away and kill every jump very quickly.
This is true of both factions, depending on GR combination, of course. The difference I see is that rebs could have to deal with both scenarios in the same attack whilst imps have to only deal with the later.

But imps have weaker jumps. But imp gr puts out more HP into the field. But reb rapids aren't as strong as imps. And so on it goes. :roll:

It’s hypothetical until proven for sure. As I see it, imps will run GR snipes and rodian skins most of the time. this usually leaves them with one GR option to add on. Often it’s storms or mhcs and their matching skin. A heatsink is typically selected too. We’ll say it’s 20 units per spawn, with snipes not popping out as often.

Compare that with rebels using GR regs, banthas and vans and jet skin (for the SC of course). Fill that out with a heatsink or wall buff + something else. More troops per spawning vs. the average imp and quick spawn rates.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#17 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
WV6UK wrote:
The decision to give one faction skin-able GR and not the other was a bad one by the devs. In my view it has damaged the game. It has compounded the other faction difference introduced with GR of the Imperials getting snipers (that target infantry - the troop everyone is using at the moment) and the rebels vanguards (that target mech, which no-one is using in large numbers if at all).

I agree with all of your post except for this . Rebels can skin their GR troops too. Tauntauns on Hoth, commandos on all planets.

That said, I'm a high level 10 imperial. I get rolled on defense often by high level rebel players. It's part of the game. If I'm on Tat, I struggle against rebel defenses. That's part of the game, and I like a challenge.

To the OP, join the rebel line group and ask for tips and strategies for attacking high level Imperial bases with GR.

I make no appologies for loading my SC with snipers (rodian skin), a lugga and an astro medic, turning on Sniper (again that pesky rodian skin) & dewback guard reserve, and Rapid/rocket heatsinks. Honestly, if rebel players would use a more varied attack other then 20 jets and 6 landseers you wouldn't run into this as much.

Obi Wan is right too. It's not the GR snipers that are thwarting your attack.....it's the dewbacks that are occupying your troops which allow all of the other defenses to mow them down............. Tauntaun skinned GR's on Hoth will slow an imperial attack REAL FAST.

AdmiralNick
Squadron Leader

Post#18 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Like every one pretty much stated they aren’t op their hard to deal with but not op make sure to only go after base you can lure Sc and as of gr balance I feel that they are in a fairly decent spot yes us imperials have are sniper gr compared to your shock gr we also have a Mhc compared to you skiff I hind sight I feel that they need to maybe thing about 1 of to things a. Change either imps sniper to shocks gr or change rebel shock to sniper or b. Increase the level of rebel shock trooper to have more of a dmg impact At this point in the game bout side really do basically use the same loads just different heroes
Officer in Duza Legends
Level 10
Empire

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:34 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
Boog wrote:Rebels win >50% more defenses than imps, and ~15% more attacks. What's so unfair about imperial equipment?

The stats also show that rebels are more generous donators. That suggests that rebel SCs are less likely to be empty when Imps come to visit. I suspect this explains the different defence stats to a significant degree.

You may be right, or rebels drop the flag more on attack. I'm not complaining, I think things are probably fairly balanced. The last thing the devs want to do now is tilt things towards imps because of the obvious population difference. If rebs are slightly favored, I'm ok with it.

With that said, take away our sniper gr, and this game would be a complete joke. There would be no imperial defense for jets; only complete stupidity or 905 errors would keep rebs from easily rolling every base.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:17 pm

You know it’s sad but truUuuuuuuUuueeeee!!! AHhHh!!!

Return to “General Discussions”