Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
WV6UK

Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:11 am

This has probably been mentioned a 1000 times, but what is with this completely unfair advantage the Imperials have with spawning Rodian Snipers. With a full squad centre full, and spawning you can be up against over 17 after 3 spawns on a level 10 base. There is NOTHING that can beat these guys. I have some very high level players that are at their wits end. We have nothing equal in our spawns, so we lose more defences and lose more battles while the Imperial members are getting stronger and stronger daily. Now we are getting offered up in matches, as low as level 5 bases to battle! some sort of compensation! In an equal war scenario, at least you are evenly matched. Any comments. Thank you

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Inbalance for Spawning Rodian sniper?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Rebels win >50% more defenses than imps, and ~15% more attacks. What's so unfair about imperial equipment?

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:34 pm

I have never been one to complain about the hand I was dealt. I do what I can to overcome the hardships. As for the rodian snipers, they beat me sometimes, and other times I beat them. Overall, I still win most of my attacks.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

AeroSith
Captain

Post#4 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Sorry but I am not feeling your pain, I have a empire lvl 7 base and when I am on Tatooine i get 100 percent defeat by rebel lvl 10 bases with jumps.
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm

I have a level 10 imp base. I have level 7 GR snipes and rodian skins. I lose lots of defenses to HQ 10 rebels. Those players have absolutely zero issue dealing with rodians (I can even tell you exactly what they do and it’s not tough).

While it’s probably tougher to win against GR rodians at lvl 9 or below and if you’re not used to luring, that all changes at level 10 when rebels get landseers and that advantage basically evaporates.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:53 pm

WV6UK wrote:This has probably been mentioned a 1000 times, but what is with this completely unfair advantage the Imperials have with spawning Rodian Snipers. With a full squad centre full, and spawning you can be up against over 17 after 3 spawns on a level 10 base. There is NOTHING that can beat these guys. I have some very high level players that are at their wits end. We have nothing equal in our spawns, so we lose more defences and lose more battles while the Imperial members are getting stronger and stronger daily. Now we are getting offered up in matches, as low as level 5 bases to battle! some sort of compensation! In an equal war scenario, at least you are evenly matched. Any comments. Thank you

I understand where you are coming from. I agree it's unfair. However, it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. The snipers that spawn are a much lower level than they used to be, so the rodian skin's boost is also diminished, as it's a multiplier of a lower baseline troop.

The thing to watch for in the attacks is not so much the rodians that spawn from barracks, as those that come out of an SC. Those are full power, and because they look the same as the GR spawned ones. They can make the barrack rodians seem far more powerful than they really are.

The decision to give one faction skin-able GR and not the other was a bad one by the devs. In my view it has damaged the game. It has compounded the other faction difference introduced with GR of the Imperials getting snipers (that target infantry - the troop everyone is using at the moment) and the rebels vanguards (that target mech, which no-one is using in large numbers if at all).

However, despite all of the complaints, on here, and in emails to the devs, they have not changed the GR, they instead reduced the level of the snipers spawned, and their frequency. The bottom line is we're stuck with it.

I must also observe that a lot depends on the level of the skins on your troops - the higher the skins, the better your troops are to survive them. My jet skins are at level 5, it's still a problem for me but as I said before it's nowhere near as bad as it was before.

I've been monitoring the player numbers of both factions using data from the KSOD website and posting it in another thread. Interestingly, the unbalanced GR has not led to one faction leaving the game more than the other.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#7 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Boog wrote:Rebels win >50% more defenses than imps, and ~15% more attacks. What's so unfair about imperial equipment?

The stats also show that rebels are more generous donators. That suggests that rebel SCs are less likely to be empty when Imps come to visit. I suspect this explains the different defence stats to a significant degree.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Xinix
Major General

Post#8 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 pm

The GR snipers are lvl1-2. The Jets you use to kill them have 46% more DPS than equivalent Jumps.

Win some lose some.

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#9 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:11 pm

If you are baiting the GR and SC - and still are getting crushed, perhaps try skipping the bases showing active GR for a while. Use the lower level attacks (as much as it pains me to say baby seal bases have a purpose) to build up enough daily goals and EP crates that your skins get a few more levels upgraded.

It takes (a lot of) time, but once you start unlocking higher level skins the battles are much easier. I was having to use full load outs to get one or two stars. Now with skins between L4-6 it looks like I can start reducing that to two-thirds or half depending on the planet and opponents.

Not going head to head with sonic farms and full GR until the skins reach L8 or so... but that will be a while.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:28 pm

I don’t want to make it seem like dealing with GR is a one-step process because at higher levels expecially, it isn’t. Good rebel attackers will often use a 5 or 6 step approach to dealing with GR and waiting nearly a minute into the battle sometimes before dropping their entire load of jets. This works because only a handful of troops spawn each time and while they do a lot of damage, they’re often distracted and the numbers are easy to deal with using a single fang fighter or just running them over with jets. IMO imps need to take the opposite approach as many HQ 10 rebels run GR regs, banthas and vans and will quickly flood the battlefield with so many troops that jumps have no hope of wading through them, buffed regs are nasty and on hoth, maxed tauntauns have so much health that they are basically immune to tie strikers. It’s a PITA for any HQ10 regardless of faction and I don’t see a major advantage for either side when it comes to high level GR at least.
Last edited by Plagueis on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussions”