Logging Cheaters

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Napalm
Commodore

Logging Cheaters

Post#1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:34 pm

I was reading through the topic about calling out cheaters and wondered if it would be possible to setup a forum area specifically tailored to recording information about each cheater. This would allow us to create a separate thread for each cheating player (or squad) and the community could add a post to that specific thread each time they have a new incident.

This would allow us to track the frequency of each cheater and accumulate information that can be passed along to Disney Interactive for action.

Thoughts?
Napalm
Rank 26 :: 148,300
Pogo
Rank 25 :: 148,200

Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: Logging Cheaters

Post#2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:10 pm

DS, can we somehow consolidate these topics?

Midge
Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Not actually a terrible idea.

Make a section for known cheats and everyone can simply post under each name when they are hit by those guys.

I think it is probably all for not, but would be a useful little information gathering area.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Plagueis wrote:DS, can we somehow consolidate these topics?

It might be possible to create a separate Forum Area but that might require Forum Administrator Action.

I do have the ability to Merge Topics but currently their is an issue when trying to Merge Topics from different Sections (Admin needs to fix).

I will give this Topic some thought and look into what I can do and if possible I will advise later.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Midge wrote:Not actually a terrible idea.

Make a section for known cheats and everyone can simply post under each name when they are hit by those guys.

I think it is probably all for not, but would be a useful little information gathering area.

I think many of us agreed at some point in one of these “cheating” threads that if a name keeps popping up after a “cheating” event it lends more to the probability that actually cheating is occuring vs. the single replay “cheats” (probable replay errors) we think we see. Maybe the theme of a new thread could be adding the name of the possible cheater to the list if not currently listed (watch list, they aren’t guilty of anything) and if that players is already on the list, then claim cheating and go through disney’s reporting process so they can investigate it the correct way.

Napalm
Commodore

Post#6 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:06 am

Plagueis wrote:
Midge wrote:Not actually a terrible idea.

I think many of us agreed at some point in one of these “cheating” threads that if a name keeps popping up after a “cheating” event it lends more to the probability that actually cheating is occuring vs. the single replay “cheats” (probable replay errors) we think we see. Maybe the theme of a new thread could be adding the name of the possible cheater to the list if not currently listed (watch list, they aren’t guilty of anything) and if that players is already on the list, then claim cheating and go through disney’s reporting process so they can investigate it the correct way.

"Cheat Watch List" sounds pretty good to me.
Napalm
Rank 26 :: 148,300
Pogo
Rank 25 :: 148,200

Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion

JDD
Major General

Post#7 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm

How about Corny Cheaters Cornered, with 3 Cs that sounds like See, See, See ? :shock: :shock: :shock: ;) :lol:

LosVega
Major General

Post#8 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Had me at "Cheat Watch List". I'm all in on this idea.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Midge
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 am

I think the biggest problem with this is game fatigue. People are too tired of the game to even attack, so logging cheating just takes too much effort.

Fatigue is running RAMPANT throughout high-end Rebel squads and is also taking a noticeable toll on Imp squads. The EP events make everyone just hit dev/weak bases because they don't want to sit there and cook three full loads for a real hit and want the mindless hits. By the time you are done with those you don't feel like doing shit else. Then you open the crate and remember how stupid all of it was.

Makes taking the time to log cheaters seems pointless and tiresome. And, I am guessing when we see the next revenue reports, it is all going to continue to seem so bleak.

Fuck these cheaters, BTW, they fucking suck and should have been dealt with harshly and swiftly by Disney. Just falls into another shoulda category for the mouse.
Last edited by Midge on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “General Discussions”