How to explain squad perks to pseudo newbies?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
geoman48
Major General

How to explain squad perks to pseudo newbies?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 pm

OK - so I have this great older guy in my squad and he's really fun to have in my squad.

However, even though I've tried several times, he stills sits at zero rep invested (not a maxed squad, currently L40 squad).

I've tried several times to tell him how to invest reputation points... stuff like "click on 5th tab in chat window, hit upgrade, click invest now"... but nothing seems to be getting through.

So, I thought I'd turn to y'all for advice. Is there a simple way you explain squad rep to newbies to get them to invest their victory crate 10 points and/or donation rep points? The person in question has donated over 500 troops, so i know he's sitting on probably 20+ rep points.

I'll try copy/pasting some of your replies straight into the chat window in SWC.

Thanks in advance.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: How to explain squad perks to pseudo newbies?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Maybe try determining what they know and go from there. Ask questions like, “Do you know how to activate squad perks for yourself?” and “Have you ever noticed the upgrade tab when using those perks?” Some people are visual-only and are unable to follow lists.

geoman48
Major General

Post#3 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Plagueis wrote:Maybe try determining what they know and go from there. Ask questions like, “Do you know how to activate squad perks for yourself?” and “Have you ever noticed the upgrade tab when using those perks?” Some people are visual-only and are unable to follow lists.

+1... I'll try this next time we're both logged on... thanks!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 pm

No problem. Good luck!

spootieho
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 pm

I think we all have been in this situation... It's a bit of a chore.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

geoman48
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 pm

spootieho wrote:I think we all have been in this situation... It's a bit of a chore.

Update... still working on the guy... he's HQ9 so he knows how to play, but think he's older like in his 70s, maybe that's it, who knows?

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Geoman48 - Try to add Perk Info to SC Requests to get them to notice that you have Perks that can be used. Once they start using Perks they are more likely to Invest Reputation.

EXAMPLE: Need 3 Heavys 1 Medic 1 Jugg (+3 Perks Active)

(+3 Perks means Squadmates can donate 7 Units = 4 Regular + 3 more)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

geoman48
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 am

DeathStriker wrote:Geoman48 - Try to add Perk Info to SC Requests to get them to notice that you have Perks that can be used. Once they start using Perks they are more likely to Invest Reputation.

EXAMPLE: Need 3 Heavys 1 Medic 1 Jugg (+3 Perks Active)

(+3 Perks means Squadmates can donate 7 Units = 4 Regular + 3 more)

best idea yet! I'll try that DS... and post back here once i get the good guy to donate rep :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussions”