Someone Hacked My Game / Account

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: Someone Hacked My Game / Account

Post#41 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:I have a question guys, if I lose my HQ10 maxed out base, how many crystals will I get in compensation?

Also are crystals given according to base level? If so how much crystals per base score?

AdmiralPiett - There is no "formula" to calculate how much you would get - OR EVEN IF - you would get anything.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#42 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:20 am

We (the players) don't know, but Disney developer may have a formula and they are not likely to share that information.

DS is right that you don't always get compensated for it. Long time ago, I reported a case when I attacked a base, got 3 stars (happened to have a screenshot for it as I was preparing to share with my squad), got tons of loots, medals and gears but then an error popped up at the end and I lost everything. I got 0 compensation, even though this was clearly Disney fault (app crashed). Gave up on reporting those, lol :)

When it's Disney's fault that you lost your base, you can request compensation and you should get it. Like when they shut down Windows, or when their database was corrupted causing many players to lose their base. These are the known cases that Disney compensated by giving players lots of crystals to rebuild the base BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR FAULT.

In this case, someone else hacked into the OP's Facebook account and stole his/her base. This is internet crime and is not a direct fault by Disney. (You can hire a lawyer and argue that perhaps Disney shouldn't have used Facebook to store the secret key, but that is a bit of a stretch. It's like your house gets destroyed by the storm and you sued the government for allowing you to live in a place where there could have been a storm, or allowing a builder that did not build house strong enough to survive a storm.) If anything, Facebook should be the one to compensate for the player's lost and not Disney. But good luck with that.

I thought it was a good gesture for Disney to give crystals for this player to rebuild the base.

Pirate
Major General

Post#43 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:I have a question guys, if I lose my HQ10 maxed out base, how many crystals will I get in compensation?

Also are crystals given according to base level? If so how much crystals per base score?

Don't lose your base. Use every available method to sync it and protect yourself. It's not Disney's responsibility to give you crystals if you lose a base under your own accord. They can choose to give you crystals if the loss of base is from their action (windows shutdown, their server issue, etc.) or if they are feeling generous.

Based on what I have seen from various situations, the crystal compensation correlates loosely to HQ level / basescore. Essentially, you get enough crystals to instant finish the build / upgrade time of all structures up to your previous base level. You are still responsible to get the resources to fund the builds / upgrades (alloy, credits or contra) and there is no compensation for research center time or any frags.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

YourFather
Major General

Post#44 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:09 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
YourFather wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:This played out exact as I had predicted :)

It's awful you're happy about that

At least Disney responded and compensated him/her with crystals to rebuild his/her base, even when it wasn’t their fault someone hacked his/her Facebook account.

If it was me, I would be happy (with the outcome, not the initial incident).

Yes, it was bad that his/her Facebook account was hacked. But this is the best outcome. Why aren’t you happy for him/her ?

At first glance, your post sounds like "I'm happy I was right that she lost her base and had to start over." That's the pitfall of written emotional expression.

Even so, while it is good the OP was compensated for her base, this incident shows all of us are at risk of losing our accounts to hackers.

Disney needs to be taking steps towards tighter security.

EDIT: QueenHecate, maybe you can share with us how you believe your Facebook was hacked in the first place?

spootieho
Commodore

Post#45 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:13 am

DarkRebel wrote:
YourFather wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:This played out exact as I had predicted :)

It's awful you're happy about that

At least Disney responded and compensated him/her with crystals to rebuild his/her base, even when it wasn’t their fault someone hacked his/her Facebook account.

Yes, it was bad that his/her Facebook account was hacked. But this is the best outcome. Why aren’t you happy for him/her ?

I'm in software development and consider Disney at least partially at fault here. While the user may possibly be at fault for getting their account compromised, there are other faults. The fact that they don't grant the ability to shut off device access to the account is on Disney. The fact that they had to ban that account and have the user start over is on Disney. So yeah, giving crystals seems like a compromise.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#46 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:03 am

spootieho wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
YourFather wrote:It's awful you're happy about that

I'm in software development and consider Disney at least partially at fault here. While the user may possibly be at fault for getting their account compromised, there are other faults. The fact that they don't grant the ability to shut off device access to the account is on Disney. The fact that they had to ban that account and have the user start over is on Disney. So yeah, giving crystals seems like a compromise.

What do you mean by “grant the ability to shut off device access”? Grant to who ?
At best, you can argue about feature improvement (like changing the way to do authentication) but that is weak argument to argue that soneone is at fault.
It’s like your TV is stolen and Sony is at fault for not having a feature to track TV location and shut out TV access. So you demand Sony to send you the new TV :)

spootieho
Commodore

Post#47 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:25 am

DarkRebel wrote:
spootieho wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:At least Disney responded and compensated him/her with crystals to rebuild his/her base, even when it wasn’t their fault someone hacked his/her Facebook account.

What do you mean by “grant the ability to shut off device access”? Grant to who ?
At best, you can argue about feature improvement (like changing the way to do authentication) but that is weak argument to argue that soneone is at fault.
It’s like your TV is stolen and Sony is at fault for not having a feature to track TV location and shut out TV access. So you demand Sony to send you the new TV :)

Your response is too riddled with logical fallacy as reasoning. A physical TV and a virtual cloud based account have way to many differences to be even a remotely fair comparison.

Return to “General Discussions”