Possible new Snow planet?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Richaldo
Admiral
Posts: 761

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 am

Do the rebels ever leave Tat anyway? Seems a bit of a waste of time... more dev bases... blah blah blah...

Let the rebels remain hiding on Tat, let the gamers travel the galaxy and fight each other rather than dev bases... enough is enough...

Wonder how much the game would expand if we didn't have to face the other faction's fake bases...???
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!


User avatar
DarthHunter
Commodore
Posts: 107

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#12 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 am

I think there's been a good case for an additional ice planet for a long time (ago in a galaxy far, far away...).

The simple 3/2/1 ratio of Forest/Desert/Ice is an argument all in itself – particularly for higher players. As Star Wars fans, you could argue that the snow units are needed sooner than forest, as its always been very likely that players would unlock Hoth first (although I actually went for Dandoran to start chasing the TIE/Adv).

But in the Planetary Command, there's been a suspiciously empty square in the 'Worlds Unlocked' bar for ages…

At the end of the day, I can't see one more planet hurting things too much.


User avatar
Alpha
Major General
Posts: 251

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:22 am

ForceMel wrote:
DCReborn wrote:That would be bad... very bad. It would dilute the matchmaking pool on each planet even further. Separating players by planet has been bad for this game in my opinion.

To get around that they should change matchmaking to allow you to attack any desert player when you are on Tat/Kit... any forest player when on Yavin/Tako/Dando etc

That's actually a pretty good idea.



+100 :o 8-)
Image


User avatar
geoman48
Major General
Posts: 374

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#14 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm

As a rebel, I enjoy the variety of units available on Hoth more than any other planet. So I would welcome another ice planet to have options with all that arctic gear. Don't see it happening, but it'd be cool. On that subject, I wish they'd allow PvP on a sullust like planet where the armory buffs don't work at all. But I really don't see that happening. Guess I'll be happy if they don't muck with Squad Wars which other than takodana is still pretty fun.
Image


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#15 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:38 pm

I would love another snow planet. It’s lame having cold weather gear relagated to one planet. While we’re at it, let all bases, including the dev ones be swarming with guard reserve and a default SC loadout of jets/jumps or rodians/sullustans. Give them ok loot too like 200k credit/alloy and 10k CB so I don’t get attacked as much for CB (except by people with maxed dekas who still go after CB just to be *#%&$@#%**+......#^%*##).


User avatar
spootieho
Commodore
Posts: 177

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#16 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:38 pm

AdmiralNick wrote:Lately I’ve noticed that the Hoth frags have been dropping a lil more frequently for me and after looking at some of the promo material for the upcoming Han solo movie I feel like we might be getting a new snow planet (the one that had that cool centipede like bullete train) what do you guys think about that?

Is it snow, or is it salt?

There's only one way to truly tell, you have to taste it. If it tastes like cold water, it's snow. If it tastes like salt, it's salt.

Source: I learned this in the last Star Wars movie.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#17 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:49 pm

spootieho wrote:
AdmiralNick wrote:Lately I’ve noticed that the Hoth frags have been dropping a lil more frequently for me and after looking at some of the promo material for the upcoming Han solo movie I feel like we might be getting a new snow planet (the one that had that cool centipede like bullete train) what do you guys think about that?

Is it snow, or is it salt?

There's only one way to truly tell, you have to taste it. If it tastes like cold water, it's snow. If it tastes like salt, it's salt.

Source: I learned this in the last Star Wars movie.


Watching the last Star Wars movie was like licking the salty liquid from the bottom of a trashcan. Definitely NOT snow.


User avatar
Sandtrooper
Commander
Posts: 31

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#18 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:41 pm

DarthBratzzznew wrote:I would appreciate another "cool" planet, as I returned this weekend from skiing under Hoth-like conditions. Why? because it takes just as much effort to receive frags or you are as likely to receive frags for Arctic stuff as for other environments, only their pay-off is 1/3 (vs green) to 1/2 (vs desert). So in reality Arctic stuff has less value in-game.
Besides, I have come to like the Arctic units...


I agree!
Bug ugh, please allow the language geek in me to be fun at parties for a moment -- can we please NOT say "Arctic"? I know the snow jumps are called Arctic Jump Troopers in the game, but that's a stupid mistake by the devs. :roll: The Arctic is the name of the region around the North Pole on planet Earth. It doesn't just mean north pole or any pole or snow or cold place on any unspecified planet, it means "where the bears live" and it's specifically the name of one specific area on Earth, not even just anywhere cold on Earth. Last time I checked, the "Arctic Jump Troopers" are for Hoth and not Earth, so they aren't Arctic. Even if they were for Earth but operated on the south pole, they wouldn't be Arctic, they'd be Antarctic. It's like calling the Desert Jump Trooper "Sahara Jump Trooper" or the Forest Jump Trooper "Amazon Jump Trooper". :evil:
Rant over... :)

A new snow planet would be nice, all things considered, in my opinion! :D

What about a planet like Belsavis where you can use both snow and forest equipment? :o
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Join Sandtroopers - this is the squad you're looking for!


DarthBratzzznew
Admiral
Posts: 628

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#19 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:28 am

Sandtrooper wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:I would appreciate another "cool" planet, as I returned this weekend from skiing under Hoth-like conditions. Why? because it takes just as much effort to receive frags or you are as likely to receive frags for Arctic stuff as for other environments, only their pay-off is 1/3 (vs green) to 1/2 (vs desert). So in reality Arctic stuff has less value in-game.
Besides, I have come to like the Arctic units...


I agree!
Bug ugh, please allow the language geek in me to be fun at parties for a moment -- can we please NOT say "Arctic"? I know the snow jumps are called Arctic Jump Troopers in the game, but that's a stupid mistake by the devs. :roll: The Arctic is the name of the region around the North Pole on planet Earth. It doesn't just mean north pole or any pole or snow or cold place on any unspecified planet, it means "where the bears live" and it's specifically the name of one specific area on Earth, not even just anywhere cold on Earth. Last time I checked, the "Arctic Jump Troopers" are for Hoth and not Earth, so they aren't Arctic. Even if they were for Earth but operated on the south pole, they wouldn't be Arctic, they'd be Antarctic. It's like calling the Desert Jump Trooper "Sahara Jump Trooper" or the Forest Jump Trooper "Amazon Jump Trooper". :evil:
Rant over... :)

A new snow planet would be nice, all things considered, in my opinion! :D

What about a planet like Belsavis where you can use both snow and forest equipment? :o


Quite right Sandtrooper from a linguistic point of view, however, "Arctic" speaks easier than Cold Weather equipment.

Besides, be careful of giving the devs any new devious ideas... I shudder at the thought of a new Icy planet where we will have to race for Antarctic frags for discarded units like Dark Trooper/Wookiee, Scout/PAthfinder and ATMP... Not to mention Antarctic ATAT's chasing penguins... :D
Any idea of Antarctic White Wookies clubbing bay seals to death? :lol:
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:


User avatar
Sandtrooper
Commander
Posts: 31

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#20 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:Quite right Sandtrooper from a linguistic point of view, however, "Arctic" speaks easier than Cold Weather equipment.


Well, since the cold-weather Stormtroopers are named Snowtroopers in Star Wars canon, why not Snow Jump Troopers? I call them "snow jump" in my external Wordpad log.

DarthBratzzznew wrote:Besides, be careful of giving the devs any new devious ideas... I shudder at the thought of a new Icy planet where we will have to race for Antarctic frags for discarded units like Dark Trooper/Wookiee, Scout/Pathfinder and ATMP... Not to mention Antarctic ATAT's chasing penguins... :D
Any idea of Antarctic White Wookies clubbing bay seals to death? :lol:


I literally had to wait five minutes to type this reply because I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you for that! :lol:
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Join Sandtroopers - this is the squad you're looking for!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bug80, DeathStriker, LosVega, mkenobi, PhoenixAZ1899, rebel10, shazahm1, Tamarack and 44 guests