Possible new Snow planet?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
AdmiralNick
Lieutenant

Possible new Snow planet?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Lately I’ve noticed that the Hoth frags have been dropping a lil more frequently for me and after looking at some of the promo material for the upcoming Han solo movie I feel like we might be getting a new snow planet (the one that had that cool centipede like bullete train) what do you guys think about that?
Squad War Officer in First-WorldOrder
Level 9
Empire

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Re: Possible new Snow planet?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:32 pm

That would be awesome! Including some Solo tieins hopefully.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#3 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:10 pm

That would be bad... very bad. It would dilute the matchmaking pool on each planet even further. Separating players by planet has been bad for this game in my opinion.

To get around that they should change matchmaking to allow you to attack any desert player when you are on Tat/Kit... any forest player when on Yavin/Tako/Dando etc

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 pm

DCReborn wrote:That would be bad... very bad. It would dilute the matchmaking pool on each planet even further. Separating players by planet has been bad for this game in my opinion.

To get around that they should change matchmaking to allow you to attack any desert player when you are on Tat/Kit... any forest player when on Yavin/Tako/Dando etc

That's actually a pretty good idea.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

GeneralTosh
Captain

Post#5 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:31 pm

Doubt so. We haven't had a new planet in years. Even if the new planets introduced in Solo are similar to any planet already existing in the game, Disney will just add the new characters to the respective already-existing planets. This is already evident as the Ski Speeder was added into a game without Crait.

Member of ELITE_UNITED
Join us for DAILY WARS

Euph
Admiral

Post#6 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:14 pm

I doubt they'll ever add another planet. There's too many already, for reasons DC covered.

Although.. a part of me feels like it's already so spread out that one more isn't going to make much of a difference, so I'm ambivalent about it. Another planet to farm HDs on, a different background, more dev bases to grind through.. meh.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

AdmiralNick
Lieutenant

Post#7 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 pm

I feel it guys all the green planet for empire are a lot of dev bases wish more people played the game just was think it would be nice to have a second planet to use snow buffs on besides hoth
Level 9
Empire

AdmiralNick
Lieutenant

Post#8 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:19 pm

And I agree with your idea DCReborn it wouldn’t even be all that lore breaking if you think about it because I’m pretty sure most of the transport ship could carry a fleet thru space
Last edited by AdmiralNick on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 9
Empire

ZeryabPrime
Commodore

Post#9 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:25 am

It's up-to the developers of this game. If they feel that there is a need for a new Icy Planet, they'll implement it.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 am

I would appreciate another "cool" planet, as I returned this weekend from skiing under Hoth-like conditions. Why? because it takes just as much effort to receive frags or you are as likely to receive frags for Arctic stuff as for other environments, only their pay-off is 1/3 (vs green) to 1/2 (vs desert). So in reality Arctic stuff has less value in-game.
Besides, I have come to like the Arctic units...
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

Return to “General Discussions”