EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DesertPyramid
Major General

Re: EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

Post#131 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:08 pm

For the 6th round of “deploy four hero units”, is it any unit or just the one shown? The image showed Han... and the counter did not go up if I used Chewie (with Falcon skin on Tat). The round didn’t last long enough once I noticed. Wondering if anyone else saw this. Maybe I misread the goal.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Kylo
Commodore

Post#132 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Any hero should work. Could be the 'skin'. Restart?

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#133 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:14 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:For the 6th round of “deploy four hero units”, is it any unit or just the one shown? The image showed Han... and the counter did not go up if I used Chewie (with Falcon skin on Tat). The round didn’t last long enough once I noticed. Wondering if anyone else saw this. Maybe I misread the goal.

You can deploy any hero.
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

Zach
Commodore

Post#134 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:21 pm

If u log off then on it should register

Sandtrooper
Commander

Post#135 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:43 pm

This thread touches some different topics that I wanted to contribute to, but being new to the forum, I'm not sure about the rules for flooding the thread with individual posts, so I'm writing all these replies in one post. If you don't bother reading the whole thing, please at least check if I quoted you. :)

Tomato wrote:yeah I'm in group B, personally I wish I was group A. Just fits my lifestyle better.

Worst case scenario for you being in Group B is that you get the same results you would have in Group A. One crate will give you the same rewards as two crates in Group A, but in Group A, you would have to log in twice as often to start research, spend double the time researching, meaning a higher need to time your research carefully, and AT LEAST as much time earning EP as you do in Group B, since you'd need the same amount of EP but meet a cap halfway. So you should be happy! :D

Boog wrote:Wait, if you take down the shield over the factory on hoth, you get an uplink?

Just to clarify: Taking down the factory building (HQ) on any of the Factory Outposts earns you a star, just like destroying the HQ of any other base, and one star is enough to capture a FO. You only need 50% or destroying the HQ. Since the Hoth FO is a shield generator, units like the Ithorian Infiltrator or the AT-AT will target it.
The battle does not, however, earn you an uplink, as in one of the 45 points you can earn in the Squad War. You only get uplinks from Defensive Outposts (enemy player bases).

DeathStriker wrote:Boog - with Ithorian Infilitrators / Kubaz Invaders the order of AI is:

1. Shield Generators (active or not)... when gone then...
  2. Resources... when gone then...
  3. All Structures Except Turrets... when gone then...
  4. Turrets
SO... One Ithorian / Kubaz to take down Hoth Shield then (since there is no Resources) you can use 1 or 2 more for the Factory.

The Hoth FO factory IS a shield generator, so it would be targeted first even if there were resources. This means that the Elite AT-AT also takes the Hoth FO very easily, as it goes straight for the factory.

Shelendil wrote:I believe you get all the rewards the instant you open the crate. The rest is just for show.

As someone who keeps a text document journal of my game stats including data fragment, I can confirm this. Every time I've had a crash while opening a crate before getting to the data fragments, I can check my Research Lab and find some data fragments I haven't accounted for.

mkenobi wrote:I've noticed that frags for the Sullustan Sniper were rare to find in the Elite Crates for my 3 Rebel accounts. Same for Rodian Sniper for my Imperial account. I think 2 or 3 crates had frags for them in more than 12 crates collected for each account. I couldn't upgrade Rodian for my Level 9 Imperial base and Sullustan for my Rebel level 9 base, but the last crates opened for my Level 8 Rebel base and Level 7 Rebel base gave the necessary frags to unlock the Sullustan for both. Then I'm happy.

I had a similar slightly disappointing experience with Rodian Recon Sniper data fragments. Out of 16 bonus crates (Group A), I had 2 with 3 data fragments and 2 with 6 data fragments for the RRS. Not horrible, but not nearly as many as the other two Naval rewards. All in all, the 16 crates earned me:
44x Naval Officer
34x Imperial Starfighter Pilot
24x Johhar Kessen
20x VT-49 Decimator
18x Rodian Recon Sniper
16x Cold-weather MHC
16x Shock Trooper
12x TIE Advanced
(That's an average of 11.5 data fragment per crate.)
I'm now at 28/50 for RRS level 5.

DeathStriker wrote:In-Game Commander News #2a - HQ 5 and Lower - Rebel Faction - 03-08-2018
(Click here to view LARGER image)

⇨ Don't Forget to Claim your Free 10 Units!

Any idea why this is only for HQ5 and lower? I was wondering what was going on when a squadmate told me he had claimed Shock Trooper samples and I could see no claim page. At least this solves the mystery!

DeathStriker wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:Anyone still getting error 6503 when trying to research after having earned EP from durasteel daily objectives?

BEST ADVICE: After receiving EP from Donated or Received Squad Center Units - REBOOT GAME... and continue... [u]

In my experience (on two accounts), this bug only pertains to the "receive" objectives. The 50 EP from "receive" objectives cause an error and are lost EVERY TIME, while EP from "donate" objectives have NEVER given me an error.

mkenobi wrote:
Boog wrote:That's weird, in prior events I had many of the units maxed, but as long as I had at least one not maxed out, I got frags for the units that needed them.

Yeah, this is a different criterion from what we are used to see when we bought the old Premium Crates in the Store or when we get crates in Squad Wars: if you have one or more units maxed out, you get frags for the units you still need to maximize, using the criterion by elimination. Only when you don't have anything else to upgrade, you get the credits.

There are different pools that each reward in a crate is drawn from:
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/lc_e ... ind_b.html

One pool contains exclusively the Naval Officer and Imperial Starfighter Pilot. Since this is the Naval Assault event, it makes sense to guarantee a Naval Assault-related draw. Only if you've maxed BOTH of these do you get credits instead of that draw. The other draws have more units/equipment to choose from, but not ALL kinds of units and equipment are obtainable in this specific event. If you've maxed out all the ones in this event, you get credits instead. I think that's fair as well, so that one event can't max you out on anything and everything.
Squad War victory crates, by the way, also draws from a pool of only 5 units and now 4 (iirc) kinds of equipment. Once you have those maxed, you won't earn data fragments from Squad Wars either, until they add more variation to the pool (as they recently did with the equipment).

Zach wrote:Guys Lv9 rebel with 39k medals. If I skip a few at Tat I get dev bases. I only use 4 jets and 2 tx225. 360 ep easy. Do imps get this on green planets?

Yeah, green planets are a breeze for me, Absentminded Grind Heaven. I use an AT-ACT and 8 jumps, deploy strategically but then don't pay that much attention to the battle. Sometimes I need to use a TIE Striker or a few more jumps, but it's an easy 3 stars every ~7 minutes. Not many dev bases for me these last few months, though.
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Join Sandtroopers - this is the squad you're looking for!

DeathStriker

Post#136 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:30 am

Sandtrooper wrote:This thread touches some different topics that I wanted to contribute to, but being new to the forum, I'm not sure about the rules for flooding the thread with individual posts, so I'm writing all these replies in one post. If you don't bother reading the whole thing, please at least check if I quoted you. :)

DeathStriker wrote:In-Game Commander News #2a - HQ 5 and Lower - Rebel Faction - 03-08-2018
(Click here to view LARGER image)

⇨ Don't Forget to Claim your Free 10 Units!

Any idea why this is only for HQ5 and lower? I was wondering what was going on when a squadmate told me he had claimed Shock Trooper samples and I could see no claim page. At least this solves the mystery!

The "reason" for this is that HQ 5 and Lower don't have the Armory which is needed to get Data Frags offered to HQ 6+

Sandtrooper wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:Anyone still getting error 6503 when trying to research after having earned EP from durasteel daily objectives?

BEST ADVICE: After receiving EP from Donated or Received Squad Center Units - REBOOT GAME... and continue... [u]

In my experience (on two accounts), this bug only pertains to the "receive" objectives. The 50 EP from "receive" objectives cause an error and are lost EVERY TIME, while EP from "donate" objectives have NEVER given me an error.

Thanks for posting your "observations". I still reboot if I receive EP from Squad Related Daily Objectives and I am not currently doing Objective Research. If, as you say, I don't lose any EP from "Donate Unit Actions" that is great, but I err on the side of caution so that I don't complete a PvP Attack, see EP rewarded and thinking I have enough to Start Research only to see the dreaded 6503 Error.

FINALLY... Welcome to the Forum! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Sandtrooper
Commander

Post#137 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:02 am

DeathStriker wrote:FINALLY... Welcome to the Forum! :D

Thank you! In truth, I've been here for a long time, lurking in the shadows and listening to your conversations... Just opened an account to start talking now. ;)

DeathStriker wrote:
Sandtrooper wrote:Any idea why this is only for HQ5 and lower? I was wondering what was going on when a squadmate told me he had claimed Shock Trooper samples and I could see no claim page. At least this solves the mystery!

The "reason" for this is that HQ 5 and Lower don't have the Armory which is needed to get Data Frags offered to HQ 6+

I suppose that's fair, but don't lower level players get something else in the crates instead of data fragments anyway?

DeathStriker wrote:
Sandtrooper wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:BEST ADVICE: After receiving EP from Donated or Received Squad Center Units - REBOOT GAME... and continue... [u]

Thanks for posting your "observations". I still reboot if I receive EP from Squad Related Daily Objectives and I am not currently doing Objective Research. If, as you say, I don't lose any EP from "Donate Unit Actions" that is great, but I err on the side of caution so that I don't complete a PvP Attack, see EP rewarded and thinking I have enough to Start Research only to see the dreaded 6503 Error.

It should be safe to at least try clicking "start research" and se if it works or if it forces you to restart rather than just restarting anyway. Yesterday, I needed 205 EP. First I got 150 EP from a battle, then 50 from a "receive" objective, and then the last 5 from another objective. Then I remembered once again that "receive" is bugged, and I restarted, expecting to lose 50 EP, but I only lost 5. It must have counted the full 50 from the last objective I finished even though it went over the cap.
However... This might not even matter anymore -- see my next reply! (Edit)

EDIT:

BREAKING NEWS:

Durasteel objective EP bug fixed! (or so it seems - test if it works for the rest of you so we know for sure!)

I just reached the EP I needed for starting my next event research by completing the "receive X capacity of troops" Durasteel objective and succesfully started research without an error! Restarted my game in disbelief, but the research is still going!

No error message, no EP lost. The "donate" objectives never caused the bug for me, only "receive" objectives, which did it every time until now. I'm dreading that I'll get the error message when research finishes in 8 hours... But either way, something's definitely changed.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Join Sandtroopers - this is the squad you're looking for!

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#138 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:42 pm

It would be good if they have fixed it. I'll check this later.
I wrote a support ticket for each of these 3 EP events and their latest response was feeding me some rubbish trying to make out it was an issue with my device, not the game itself (see attached). I pointed out that exactly the same issue happens on my main iOS account and on my second Android account, therefore surely it was highly unlikely a device issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Zach
Commodore

Post#139 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Head in the sand by devs. It only happend to me once though. Not getting ep for donations.

DeathStriker

Post#140 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:00 pm

EVENT STATUS:

I am in the 10 Hour Research for Objective #24 on all 3 of my Accounts. Tomorrow I will complete Chapter Objective #4 (Objective #25 / Main Objective) and then it will be on to those lucurative Elite Event Crates and finding out what Group I am in on all 3 of my Accounts (I am expecting no change but anything is possible).

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”