EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

Post#121 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:50 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:
mkenobi wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:They put him in a coffin! :lol:

Or maybe frozen in carbonite for not to lose its validity? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is Chewie also in a box rebels? :lol:

YES - Chewie in a Box also... only mine has "sound effects" of "awwgggghhh wrrhw uughguughhhghghghhhgh aarrragghuuhw uuh huurh wuuh uughguughhhghghghhhgh huuguughghg" which is Wookiee for "GET ME OUT OF HERE YOU STUPID DEVELOPER OR ELSE!"

LOL :lol:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#122 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 am

Anyone still getting error 6503 when trying to research after having earned EP from durasteel daily objectives?
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

DeathStriker

Post#123 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:33 am

sgu97cab wrote:Anyone still getting error 6503 when trying to research after having earned EP from durasteel daily objectives?

YES! Always! - A glitch which has been reported but not fixed by Disney.

BEST ADVICE: After receiving EP from Donated or Received Squad Center Units - REBOOT GAME... and continue... You most likely may lose 50 EP from Crate but you won't lose MORE EP from PvP Attack (50 EP not wasted due to 50 EP from Crate using up space).

DeathStriker

Post#124 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:39 pm

QUESTION: What do you get from Elite Crates if your Units are Maxed Out?

ANSWER: Image Credits.

Just like Week #1 a Empire Commander used Crystals to get to Elite Crates very early. What they found was if their Units are Maxed Out (Naval Officer, Imperial Starship Pilot in this case) that you will receive Credits.

PROOF:

Naval Assault #3 - Elite Event Crate - B-Group - Empire Faction (Player whom used Crystals)
(Click here to view LARGER image)

⇨ THIS IS BACKED UP by the information found here.

It was explain (when Data Miner was asked) like this:

...it goes set 1, set 2, set 2, set 1, set 2, set 2. He got credits for both pulls from set 1.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#125 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:05 pm

That's weird, in prior events I had many of the units maxed, but as long as I had at least one not maxed out, I got frags for the units that needed them.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#126 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Boog wrote:That's weird, in prior events I had many of the units maxed, but as long as I had at least one not maxed out, I got frags for the units that needed them.

Yeah, this is a different criterion from what we are used to see when we bought the old Premium Crates in the Store or when we get crates in Squad Wars: if you have one or more units maxed out, you get frags for the units you still need to maximize, using the criterion by elimination. Only when you don't have anything else to upgrade, you get the credits.

Give credits instead of others units you still need to maximize is not fair. But that's explain why the Premium Crates disappeared from the Store and why Devs changed the Premium Crates for the Daily Data Fragments... I think Devs finally realized that players were waiting untill they had most of units maxed out to buy crates and get only frags for the unit they really wanted to get frags...

I did that for the previous Naval Event and the last Death Star Event, and most of frags in the Premium Crates that I bought were frags for Naval Officer, Pilot and Rodians, and Darth Vader, because all my Elite Units already were maxed out... Think this age is over.

The Mouse is getting smarter...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Sandtrooper
Commander

Post#127 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 pm

spootieho wrote:There's 2 more stages to this event. The groups may possibly randomly change between rounds. (next weeks event vs this weeks event.)

They may or may not. Doesn't change that some players get an advantage over others during the first week. What if you only have time to commit to finishing the event during that week and not during the next week? I guess that's a matter of bad luck for some players that you can't avoid in any case of having an event... But unless everyone has an equal amount of weeks of being in Group B, some have a tremendous advantage over others.

spootieho wrote:Also, note that earning the EP to progress takes a lot of time. Let's say 40 minutes. I might only have 20 minutes to take a break to play.

It will take you AT LEAST as much time to earn 360 EP twice as 720 EP once, and then you're facing double the research time, with a requirement for playing in between as well. In Group A, that is.

In Group A, you earn EP, do research, return in your next break, earn EP, do research, return in next break -- 2x rewards
In Group B, you earn EP, don't have enough for research, return in your next break, earn EP, do research, return in next break -- 2x rewards

Exactly the same result. That's the worst case scenario for Group B.

If your break is too short for Group B EP, it doesn't matter which group you're in. But if your break is not too short, you earn double the rewards in the same research time. And if you only have the one break and can't get a second research going later, or say you're going to bed and don't want to get up in the middle of the night to earn EP again, Group B simply offers double the fragments. If you have time to earn double EP at least once during the event, you gained from being in Group B.
And keep in mind that double EP usually doesn't take twice as much time to earn. At level 7, Group A needs 360 EP. That's at least 3 attacks. Any EP above 360 are wasted. 2 hours later, you need to get another 360 EP, another 3 attacks. Meanwhile, in Group B, you need 720 EP, which is 5 attacks. Without the 360 cap, the first 3 attacks can earn you 450 EP, so you need just 2 more attacks. Then when you log in two hours later, you get the double rewards, which is where Group A needs to do another 3 attacks and wait another 2 hours before reaching the same goal. And again, if you're in Group B and didn't have enough time to do the 5 attacks, you're still ahead of where you would have been if you were in Group A because you effectively need less than double the EP for half the research time per reward.

spootieho wrote:One could potentially get the same frags in Group A as Group B if they can't allocate as much time in big time blocks for the game.

No. Well, yes, potentially the same frags as someone in Group B who doesn't have as much time to play, but only potentially half the frags of someone in Group B who has as much time as themselves.
Someone in Group A cannot do anything (besides paying ridiculous amounts of crystals) about having half the potential data fragment outcome of Group B. If someone in Group B can't allocate any more time than they could have allocated while being in group A, then yes, they would get the same fragments as if they were in Group A, but no less than half, so it won't matter to them. However, the game allows them the ability to spend a little more time earning EP and then double their rewards. Even if they don't have time to earn double EP every time, at least they've got to have a bit of extra time once in a while to at least improve their fragment earnings compared to what they would have gotten in Group A. Group A players are not given this chance. No matter how much time they allocate, they will only earn half of what they would have earned allocating the same amount of time in Group B.
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Join Sandtroopers - this is the squad you're looking for!

Sandtrooper
Commander

Post#128 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 pm

TNT wrote:I'm in the 450 group, but as a lvl 9 that means 360 and if you ask me that's perfect. I need 8 stars to start a crate. My time to do such a thing is between 10-40. Needing to do 900 would've easily doubled that, but for double the reward.
Ultimately it's easy for me to get a quick 15 minute session in to start another crate.

I fully expect them to switch the groups around next round and I don't think I can grind quite as many crates with 900 ep.

900 in one go is faster than 450 in two gos because of the wasted EP after you hit the cap, unless you hit exactly the 450 EP in the first place. Three 3-star attacks will do that, but two 3-stars, a 2-star, and a Heroic Defense would get you to 480, saving you 30 EP for the next 450 if you're going for the 900 in one streak.
In the time you earned 450 EP, researched for 2 hours, and earned another 450 EP, you can easily earn 900 EP instead, saving the 2 hours and then some. Worse case scenario if you get placed in Group B is that you do as well as you did in Group A.
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Sandtrooper
Commander

Post#129 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:49 pm

BAR wrote:I Think That You Must Be a Super Lucky Player to get 360 EP points doing 3 attack in 5 min, Or you are using crystals to cook,
I'm currently in the B group, have a lvl8 base and without using any crystals or daily objective crates, need to do 6 attacks getting 3 stars, at 100% just to get to 720 event points to start a bonus research. And those attacks takes 50min without any breaks or using crystals, every unit was cooked and not taken from inventory..

So Please, We are all playing this game and most of us knows our stuff.. Spreading disinformation just weakens your credibility when you post here.. :mrgreen: :lol:

5 3-star attacks is 750 EP, so you certainly don't need 6 for 720. Careful about your lectures on misinformation... 360 EP in 5 minutes, however, is entirely possible - easy, really - if only you've done a few preparations while the research was going, e.g. almost finishing objectives.
50 minutes for getting five attacks in? I get a 3-star every seven minutes including battle time when I just grind absentmindedly, and that's only because I wait for the Elite AT-AT to mobilize between each attack. If I use different heroes, I can sustain attacking every 3-4 minutes for at least the first few attacks, so with ready unit transports and a full Hero Command, I'll reach those 720 EP in about 15 minutes, maybe 20, without using inventory samples or crystals. Either you need to rethink your army-building strategies, or you just need to unlink the jump/jet skins. :P
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Zach
Commodore

Post#130 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Guys Lv9 rebel with 39k medals. If I skip a few at Tat I get dev bases. I only use 4 jets and 2 tx225. 360 ep easy. Do imps get this on green planets?

Return to “General Discussions”