Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
boshuda21
Commodore

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#51 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:23 am

AeroSith wrote:
shazahm1 wrote:As a lvl9 imp I only get matched against lvl10 rebs. Nearly every time. It is rare I have the opportunity to attack down. I usually skip them because generally it is not worth the gears or their resources. On Tatooine, I only get matched against real Reb monter bases. Win ratio is about 50%. Of those wins most are 1* with a few 2*.

Guess which planet I camp on? Yes, Tatooine. Why, boring to attack dev bases over and over knowing they are easy 3*.

I have the same problem too.

Me too. I find more balanced (non Dev) matches on Er'Kit and Hoth compared to tatooine. Green planets give me 95% dev bases and 5% minis

spootieho
Commodore

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#52 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 pm

TNT wrote:Matchmaking both in war and in pvp has been getting a bit silly lately.
One of my squadmates literally fled from a planet after the same guy kept hitting him over and over.
Another guy was just matched with the same people we're currently warring with.
Meanwhile I've been seeing less Dev bases and more lvl10 bases I have no chance in hell against.

So business as usual. :)

A week ago, I got hit by the exact same imp 6 times in a row... I wasn't even revenge attacking him. He easily found me each time.

Not that it mattered as it was between conflicts (nothing going on) and I put my HQ in the open so I could more easily drop a few medals (for better match making).

I could see how it would be quite frustrating when you aren't welcoming it.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#53 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
ForceMel wrote:
boshuda21 wrote:The best thing they could do with their matching algorithm is to veto matchups that are more than 1 or 2 levels below your current HQ level.

If they did that, most imps would get nothing but cnfo.

No.
Currently IMPs are seeing dev bases of same level, so I am not sure where you got the idea that most IMPs are seeing bases with more than 1 level lower. They are easy, sure, but same HQ level.
Shutting down dev bases, on the other hand, will cause CFNO for sure.

They expanded matchmaking so the larger faction would find bases to attack. They also supplement it with dev bases. In Windows, they did this to the point where a mid level 10 could attack level 4 and below. It's the same thing here, just to a lesser extent, and with the added dev bases.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#54 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:57 pm

boshuda21 wrote:
llamaman wrote:As a level 7 imp, I get attacked by level 9 rebels constantly. I get matched agaimst level 9 rebels on attack constantly. Embrace the challenge and stop bitching

Furthermore, I highly doubt you are attacking lv 9 reb bases with equipment and GR with your lv 7 LO. If so, I would sure like to see some replays because that would be some high end playing.

I'm HQ7 and am most frequently paired with HQ10s. The HQ9's are usually pretty updated and have turret buffs turned on, or GR.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

AeroSith
Captain

Post#55 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Basically I feel my lvl 7 base base is just cannon fodder for High lvlevel 9 and 10 bases...
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!

boshuda21
Commodore

Post#56 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:26 pm

spootieho wrote:
I'm HQ7 and am most frequently paired with HQ10s. The HQ9's are usually pretty updated and have turret buffs turned on, or GR.

I'd love to see a video because based on my own experience, attacking up more than a level in this era of equipment is next to impossible, unless perhaps you have really high level buffs (and they have low level buffs), but even then, I'm still dubious. Even before the equipment it could come down to something as simple as not having enough firepower to destroy the base in time. As one adds in higher level sentinels, SC and GR, the odds become stacked.

Also, I can't remember the last time anyone under level 9 even 1 starred my base.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#57 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 pm

HQ level is overrated.

There are HQ 10 bases with L10 turrets and shields.
And there are HQ 10 with lower level turrets and shields.

There are low level armory equipments with no/low level GR troops. And there are bases with near max level armory equipments with high level/dangerous GR troops. Big difference.

Without looking at a video replay, one can not simply judge the difficulty level of a base. HQ level only is not that useful, and shouldn’t be used as a measure stick for how tough a base really is.

Lynch
Commander

Post#58 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:46 am

DarkRebel wrote:HQ level is overrated.

There are HQ 10 bases with L10 turrets and shields.
And there are HQ 10 with lower level turrets and shields.

There are low level armory equipments with no/low level GR troops. And there are bases with near max level armory equipments with high level/dangerous GR troops. Big difference.

Without looking at a video replay, one can not simply judge the difficulty level of a base. HQ level only is not that useful, and shouldn’t be used as a measure stick for how tough a base really is.

I agree with most of this, but my issue is I restarted my game, and now am a level 7, but I am constantly attacking level 9's, including level 9 dev bases. Problem is that I can never 3 star any of these because I don't have the transport space in UC to have the time to take out everything. I am not complaining that I am matched up, because I know my base score is high enough, it is just tougher to compete against the higher level turrets and all.

Return to “General Discussions”