Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
boshuda21
Captain
Posts: 97

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#41 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 pm

The best thing they could do with their matching algorithm is to veto matchups that are more than 1 or 2 levels below your current HQ level.


ForceMel
Commodore
Posts: 147

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#42 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:03 pm

boshuda21 wrote:The best thing they could do with their matching algorithm is to veto matchups that are more than 1 or 2 levels below your current HQ level.

If they did that, most imps would get nothing but cnfo.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.


JDD
Major General
Posts: 377

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#43 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Devs need a reason tae justify shutting down this game fer good. Deprive predators preys then the ecosystem collapses. End of story.


User avatar
spootieho
Commodore
Posts: 131

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#44 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:10 am

HQ7 Rebel here, and I get CNFO's daily now. Also, it only wants to match me with fully loaded 9's or HQ10s.

Getting 3 stars is becoming more difficult. I pretty much need all my buffs and squad center to do decently.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders


TNT
Major General
Posts: 347

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#45 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:36 am

Matchmaking both in war and in pvp has been getting a bit silly lately.
One of my squadmates literally fled from a planet after the same guy kept hitting him over and over.
Another guy was just matched with the same people we're currently warring with.
Meanwhile I've been seeing less Dev bases and more lvl10 bases I have no chance in hell against.

So business as usual. :)
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 734

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#46 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 am

ForceMel wrote:
boshuda21 wrote:The best thing they could do with their matching algorithm is to veto matchups that are more than 1 or 2 levels below your current HQ level.

If they did that, most imps would get nothing but cnfo.

No.
Currently IMPs are seeing dev bases of same level, so I am not sure where you got the idea that most IMPs are seeing bases with more than 1 level lower. They are easy, sure, but same HQ level.
Shutting down dev bases, on the other hand, will cause CFNO for sure.


User avatar
llamaman
Commander
Posts: 29

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#47 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:26 am

As a level 7 imp, I get attacked by level 9 rebels constantly. I get matched agaimst level 9 rebels on attack constantly. Embrace the challenge and stop bitching


shazahm1
Captain
Posts: 57

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#48 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 am

As a lvl9 imp I only get matched against lvl10 rebs. Nearly every time. It is rare I have the opportunity to attack down. I usually skip them because generally it is not worth the gears or their resources. On Tatooine, I only get matched against real Reb monter bases. Win ratio is about 50%. Of those wins most are 1* with a few 2*.

Guess which planet I camp on? Yes, Tatooine. Why, boring to attack dev bases over and over knowing they are easy 3*.


boshuda21
Captain
Posts: 97

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#49 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 am

llamaman wrote:As a level 7 imp, I get attacked by level 9 rebels constantly. I get matched agaimst level 9 rebels on attack constantly. Embrace the challenge and stop bitching



It's not about a challenge. Attacking 1 level up is a challenge, but you still have a choice. Furthermore, I highly doubt you are attacking lv 9 reb bases with equipment and GR with your lv 7 LO. If so, I would sure like to see some replays because that would be some high end playing.

Being a lv 5 or 6 and getting attacked by lv 8-10 constantly should not be viewed as merely a challenge as there is no choice in the matter for the defender and it alienates players from the game, which is problematic for all players. Would you tell a little league team to step up to the challenge if all the teams they played were professional adults?

I'm not against sandbagging if it provides a small advantage to a real (not macro) attacker, but there has to be some sort of normalization and if there were; it would reduce the number of macro players, which I think everyone would be happy about. What never made sense to me in terms of base score was that the defensive buildings contributed disproportionately to your base score for attacking. That never made sense to me as the two should be mutually exclusive.


User avatar
AeroSith
Captain
Posts: 94

Re: Lack of balance and unbalanced matchmaking in SWC - A vet walking away from the game

Post#50 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

shazahm1 wrote:As a lvl9 imp I only get matched against lvl10 rebs. Nearly every time. It is rare I have the opportunity to attack down. I usually skip them because generally it is not worth the gears or their resources. On Tatooine, I only get matched against real Reb monter bases. Win ratio is about 50%. Of those wins most are 1* with a few 2*.

Guess which planet I camp on? Yes, Tatooine. Why, boring to attack dev bases over and over knowing they are easy 3*.

I have the same problem too.
Image
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdmiralPiett, Baidu [Spider], Boge, CommonCrawl [Bot], ForceMel, Google Adsense [Bot], Jaykoz3, rawrebel, Xinix and 21 guests