Watched ad to get free daily crate?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
geoman48
Major General

Watched ad to get free daily crate?

Post#1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:36 am

What are the most # of times you've watched the ad to get a free daily crate?

For me, its 2. First time of the day I think, I'm going to get it every 6 hours, then I get to adulting, and by the end of the day, I'm lucky if I remember to collect it the 2nd time.

Have fun with this thread!

Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Watched ad to get free daily crate?

Post#2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:45 am

I don't watch any because the crates do not contain any fragments for me.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

jaybinx
Captain

Post#3 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:32 am

3 is the most for me. i just do it to get the turret frags, in hopes one day we'll get more useful unit frags.
Jedi-Warlords

Spock
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 am

Shelendil wrote:I don't watch any because the crates do not contain any fragments for me.

I don’t watch them for the frags. The unit samples are well worth the 15-30 seconds while troops build. :)
Some units were just can never have enough of for quick donating. And others, well, you know how it is.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

geoman48
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:20 am

Spock wrote:
Shelendil wrote:I don't watch any because the crates do not contain any fragments for me.

I don’t watch them for the frags. The unit samples are well worth the 15-30 seconds while troops build. :)
Some units were just can never have enough of for quick donating. And others, well, you know how it is.

Yes, we all have a lot of normal rancors in our HQ... that's what the dowutins are for, making sure the rancors don't destroy the HQs from within!

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:38 pm

I've probably watched 4 adds in a day to get the extra crates. You don't get a lot, but I'll take it. Every little bit helps.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Fisherman
Captain

Post#7 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Semi-casual player, when chasing something I watch the ads every time they are offered up... Sound is off so I never hear some of the pitches...
...anyway my real reason for posting is it occurs to me The Devs (and hence the game we play) benefit from the ‘click bait’ at some level... so are we helping the game (and The Devs) by clicking? It would almost seem to me : yes.
So I click when I can...

boshuda21
Captain

Post#8 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Fisherman wrote:Semi-casual player, when chasing something I watch the ads every time they are offered up... Sound is off so I never hear some of the pitches...
...anyway my real reason for posting is it occurs to me The Devs (and hence the game we play) benefit from the ‘click bait’ at some level... so are we helping the game (and The Devs) by clicking? It would almost seem to me : yes.
So I click when I can...

My guess is that it depends on whether the apps that are running ads get more downloads or not after running the ads. I'm assuming that either Toon Blast (for example) pays SWC for ad space or that the two apps trade ad space with each other.

If they are paying money, but notice no increase in downloads or revenue, then I suspect they will pull it, which doesn't help SWC. If it's just a just a ad swap between games, then watching them only may not help/hinder SWC because I don't think the goodies inside the free crates have an effect on in game purchases.

The risk for any app running ads for other games is that they might pull players/revenue away from their own game.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Spock wrote:

I also stopped watching them because about half the time the ad would hang and force me to reload the game. Now that chat lag is no longer an issue, that reboot would be less of an issue I suppose....
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

geoman48
Major General

Post#10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:45 am

Good point. On my daughter's HQ4 base, I mostly watch ads to get free units she hasn't even unlocked yet like medic droids and factory units not yet unlocked.

Return to “General Discussions”