Droidekas: Oppressor or Sentinal Upgrade?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Droidekas: Oppressor or Sentinal Upgrade?

Post#11 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 pm

That sucks! I'm sure in time you'll find it funny as hell, but right now it's gotta sting.

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#12 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 pm

The freeze in mid-battle is one of the most annoying things about this game. It use to happen A LOT, it doesn't anymore, but still does occasionally. I was looking at -at least- a 2 star win on that battle (I had just taken out the HQ and was at 41%), and instead I lose my payload, lose 15 medals, 200 conflict points, and then to boot, I get attacked because of it, and of course its some stupid 17Jet Pack swarm that wipes me out 100% where I lose 1M in credits, 650K in alloy, and 28K in contra. As well as triggering ALL of my traps (another 58K to rearrm) and requires my droidekas to be repaired. (Which means, even if I had the 184K to upgrade the Oppressor, I still would have to wait the 1HR-18M for it to repair.

This game is such bullocks some times.

Especially the auto-wins right now.

geoman48
Major General

Post#13 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:15 am

Rypcord wrote:I have a level 20 Sentinel and a level 14 Oppressor. I currently have 175,000K contra. It takes 184K to upgrade the Oppressor, and 162K to upgrade the Sentinel.

I'm a lvl 9 HQ.

What should I upgrade? Should I go ahead and upgrade the Sentinel now (to level 21) or wait 1-2 battles to get the 9K contra and upgrade the Oppressor to lvl 15? What is more bang for my buck? Is an Oppressor better or a Sentinel better (to have upgraded)?

Is lvl21 Sentinel / lvl14 Oppressor > lvl20 Sentinel / lvl 15 Oppressor (or vice versa)?

Thanks for all the thoughts and tips!

(I'm Empire / Imperial, if that matters at all in the factoring your decisions.)

Great thread! Here's my thoughts... and it varies...

(sometimes when you just want to upgrade a droideka as quick as possible)
upgrade whichever takes least amount of contra

(sometimes when you care about repair times)
upgrade oppressor as it typically has lower repair times than sentinels

(sometimes when you care about winning defenses for the next week)
upgrade oppressor because sentinel helps win more defenses than oppessor (not always but usually better at defense)

(sometimes when you care about winning attacks for the next week for conflicts or whatever)
upgrade sentinel because that little dog is weak on attacks

(sometimes when you're going to be out of town for a week)
contra grind until you can upgrade them both!

Hope that helps. YMMV - your mileage may vary. DONDTINT - see my signature :-)

Jax
Commander

Post#14 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 pm

I follow the simple practice of upgrading whichever one is cheaper.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#15 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 am

The upgrade value diminishes greatly as the the level of DDKs increases.

Unless you plan to play 4-5 hours a day to farm for CBs, I would just keep Deka at level 30-35 and Deko at 20-25.

As which one is better ? I think Deko is better, with longer range and no suicide dash.

But then as you reach max of everything else, you can get back to focus on leveling up the twin, as a hobby. Practically speaking, they are not really worth the effort, IMHO.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#16 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 am

I love my level 50 deko. Level 50 deka gets swiftly killed on both offense and defense; it became obsolete with guard reserve.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#17 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Rypcord wrote:UGHHHHHH. God I hate this game. 1,880 contraband away from the 184K needed to upgrade the Oppressor. Go to do an attack. The game freezes mid-attack (so I lose the attack, lose the troops, etc.), come back to reload, and it says I'm being scouted. Finally sign in, and says I was attacked, 100% loss, and I lost down to 149K now. Went from 182K to 149K, all because the game froze up mid-attack THAT *I* was making.

GRRRRRR UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry man. Happened to me a few times also. Chin up! :shock: :? ;)
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#18 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Honestly. I scrape together enough CB to just upgrade the lowest level droid. ;)
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Return to “General Discussions”