Droidekas: Oppressor or Sentinal Upgrade?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rypcord
Commodore

Droidekas: Oppressor or Sentinal Upgrade?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:04 am

I have a level 20 Sentinel and a level 14 Oppressor. I currently have 175,000K contra. It takes 184K to upgrade the Oppressor, and 162K to upgrade the Sentinel.

I'm a lvl 9 HQ.

What should I upgrade? Should I go ahead and upgrade the Sentinel now (to level 21) or wait 1-2 battles to get the 9K contra and upgrade the Oppressor to lvl 15? What is more bang for my buck? Is an Oppressor better or a Sentinel better (to have upgraded)?

Is lvl21 Sentinel / lvl14 Oppressor > lvl20 Sentinel / lvl 15 Oppressor (or vice versa)?

Thanks for all the thoughts and tips!

(I'm Empire / Imperial, if that matters at all in the factoring your decisions.)

TSQL
Commodore

Re: Droidekas: Oppressor or Sentinal Upgrade?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 am

If you have the time to play and can find the loot, I would buy Oppressor.
I always shoot for the Oppressor upgrade but am willing to settle for the Sentinel.
That's just the way I play. to each their own though
Officer in JediTempleBlue
Windows Refugee

Xinix
Major General

Post#3 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:33 am

For Imps you definitely want to get the Oppressor to 20 as well, as that one looks a lot cooler than the spiny lvl10-19 version, with the badass 2-striped platform to match.

If you were a Rebel I would always advise to hold on to your CB as long as possible.

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:34 am

Rypcord wrote:I have a level 20 Sentinel and a level 14 Oppressor. I currently have 175,000K contra. It takes 184K to upgrade the Oppressor, and 162K to upgrade the Sentinel.

I'm a lvl 9 HQ.

What should I upgrade?

Rypcord - Faction has no difference in which you Upgrade.

I would Upgrade the DekO (Oppressor) since it uses "Splash Damage" versus "Direct Fire Damage" that the DekA (Sentinel) uses.

Also the DekO when used in PvP does not do suicide runs to the Enemies DekA / DekO but simply fires on what is the closest.

Hope this helps.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Rypcord wrote:I have a level 20 Sentinel and a level 14 Oppressor. I currently have 175,000K contra. It takes 184K to upgrade the Oppressor, and 162K to upgrade the Sentinel.

I'm a lvl 9 HQ.

What should I upgrade?

I would Upgrade the DekO (Oppressor) since it uses "Splash Damage" versus "Direct Fire Damage" that the DekA (Sentinel) uses.

Also the DekO when used in PvP does not do suicide runs to the Enemies DekA / DekO but simply fires on what is the closest.

Hope this helps.

Yea, I rarely - if ever - use the Sentinel in pvp, (mainly just to knock out a Droid Hut in a corner or something at the very end before it times out to get 100%), but will often use the Oppressor due to it attacking nearest target.

Curious question; the above person said if I was rebel to hold onto my contra as long as possible - why's that?

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 am

Rypcord wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

I'm a lvl 9 HQ.

What should I upgrade?

Hope this helps.

Yea, I rarely - if ever - use the Sentinel in pvp, (mainly just to knock out a Droid Hut in a corner or something at the very end before it times out to get 100%), but will often use the Oppressor due to it attacking nearest target.

Curious question; the above person said if I was rebel to hold onto my contra as long as possible - why's that?

Because he's an Imperial player.....and wants to get a nice CB score off of your base, lol.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:16 am

Neither upgrade gives any bang for the buck, but as mentioned above, level 20 oppressors look a lot cooler than 10-19.

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 am

Well, with 180K contra.... I shouldn't just be sitting on it Boog, I should be upgrading something. Nothing else to do with contra other than buying mercenaries/upgrading mercenaries, so I see no reason not to at least upgrade ONE of the two Droidekas, right?

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 am

Yeah, definitely do one. I'd go with the oppressor, since you have the XX skin already in the sentinal.

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#10 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm

UGHHHHHH. God I hate this game. 1,880 contraband away from the 184K needed to upgrade the Oppressor. Go to do an attack. The game freezes mid-attack (so I lose the attack, lose the troops, etc.), come back to reload, and it says I'm being scouted. Finally sign in, and says I was attacked, 100% loss, and I lost down to 149K now. Went from 182K to 149K, all because the game froze up mid-attack THAT *I* was making.

GRRRRRR UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Return to “General Discussions”