Serious Exploit - Anyone know about this?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Re: Serious Exploit - Anyone know about this?

Post#31 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:15 am

ii2 wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:You might as well say what it is. Then more of us can communicate with support, especially those with long-standing reputations.

You attack the opponent with your loadout "plus" opponent faction's units (random in type and number from my limited observation) supporting your troops; say I am a rebel and I get to attack the opponent with snipers and at-at fighting along next to jug and heavies, you name it. The defender then obviously loses very easy; the replay will however show only your LO and displays the scenario of what "would" happen if you only attacked with your LO but it will end before you see the battle final. So the replay may end up: a) still a win on your side with 100% or less-probably the latter b) a loss which highly likely because you deployed trusting your "now" ally at-at, whatever, you get the picture.

I will not write here how it works in any more details as you woud understand and I only happened to test it thrice to make sure it was not a one time glitch but I sure as heck was surprised at first thinking oh they pop everywhere now ! I am only assuming (an educated guess though) I could take this extra LO with me to a squad war if I wanted (L5s taking out L9s?), but I can't speak for sure as I didnt test. This happened on a L7 account on Dandoran and it is probably Windows related. I am sure you can now imagine the extent of its effect when it gets spread. I also gotta add though, its pretty much like the CNFO exploit of Windows and it doesn't happen ALL the time but I am sure some probably figured that out too by now.

Anyway it's now escalated to production team; I do not know if they will respond back keeping me informed (highly unlikely) but I will keep testing till I make sure it is resolved.

Thanks for sharing. If it is an effective cheat I think it's better for the community to know in order to achieve a fix more quickly.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
The Last Jedi is wonderful.

Poene
Commodore

Post#32 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 am

I think so too. If a small group of players know the cheat they will most likely be able to cheat like this for many months, maybe indefinitely. The staff of this game is minimal and they are only concerned with 1/ adding more content that creates revenue and 2/ fixing big game breaking bugs.

The fastest way to have the devs stop this exploit is if we start using it on a large scale. You'll see a hotfix in 2 days, I bet.

It's sad that it has to come to this but this is not a Blizzard game where every minor exploit is patched asap.
Last edited by Poene on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALSW
Captain

Post#33 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:14 am

Hi all, I would suggest we keep this under private message amongst one another if you guys want any clarification or use Line app. Updates from support response is fine as long as we know they are "working on a fix" etc. just not mention anything close to how this exploit is done (whether or not it even exists). Cheers ;)
Level 50 Squad Perks
8 spaces available for active players

mkenobi
Major General

Post#34 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 am

ii2 wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:You might as well say what it is. Then more of us can communicate with support, especially those with long-standing reputations.

You attack the opponent with your loadout "plus" opponent faction's units (random in type and number from my limited observation) supporting your troops; say I am a rebel and I get to attack the opponent with snipers and at-at fighting along next to jug and heavies, you name it. The defender then obviously loses very easy; the replay will however show only your LO and displays the scenario of what "would" happen if you only attacked with your LO but it will end before you see the battle final. So the replay may end up: a) still a win on your side with 100% or less-probably the latter b) a loss which highly likely because you deployed trusting your "now" ally at-at, whatever, you get the picture.

I will not write here how it works in any more details as you woud understand and I only happened to test it thrice to make sure it was not a one time glitch but I sure as heck was surprised at first thinking oh they pop everywhere now ! I am only assuming (an educated guess though) I could take this extra LO with me to a squad war if I wanted (L5s taking out L9s?), but I can't speak for sure as I didnt test. This happened on a L7 account on Dandoran and it is probably Windows related. I am sure you can now imagine the extent of its effect when it gets spread. I also gotta add though, its pretty much like the CNFO exploit of Windows and it doesn't happen ALL the time but I am sure some probably figured that out too by now.

Anyway it's now escalated to production team; I do not know if they will respond back keeping me informed (highly unlikely) but I will keep testing till I make sure it is resolved.

After the recent stolen units event, many players have units from the other faction in HQ and are using obviously in wars.

I'm seeing something like you said happening many times in my last wars with my squad, where a level 5 or 6 attack without any OPs and got 3 uplinks from a rival level 9 or 10. We war everyday, then I'm seeing this is becoming constant what means many players already know how to do that. I can say that 4 of our last wars, I saw it happenning.

This explain perfectly how one level 5 could do 3 attacks against our top players in just a few minutes, but I need to say it's not 100% sure of working. In one of our last wars, a level 5 got 0 uplinks from my base level 8 because the cheating should not have worked, but for the 2nd and 3rd attack, he got 100% from a level 9 and level 10 without holding any OPs. In other war, a level 6 took out 3 bases in a row, one of them a level 9 base -- while we had the OPs.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial in "Stormflame" Level 45 Squad (Join us!)
Level 9/8/7 Rebel player in "Solo's_Band" Level 50 Squad (Join us and war everyday!)

Boog
Admiral

Post#35 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:49 am

I doubt this is a stolen unit deal; I once ran an HD, and when it ended, my EATAT and GR snipers got 'stuck' on my homescreen. When I attacked a base, my troops were still sitting on the screen, and they attacked and quickly wiped out my loadout. Replays showed me winning, but the final screen showed I lost. This sounds like the reverse. Do an HD, somehow get the attackers to 'stick' to your homescreen, then attack a base with an insane amount of support troops.

If it's a simple trick to keep enemy troops stuck on your homescreen, it's possible you have a 30 minute window per hd to do attacks with extra troops for each hd, so this wouldn't be something you could only do a few times a day.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:01 am

Poene wrote:I think so too. If a small group of players know how the cheat they will most likely be able to cheat like this for many months, maybe indefinitely. The staff of this game is minimal and they are only concerned with 1/ adding more content that creates revenue and 2/ fixing big game breaking bugs.

The fastest way to have the devs stop this exploit is if we start using it on a large scale. You'll see a hotfix in 2 days, I bet.

It's sad that it has to come to this but this is not a Blizzard game where every minor exploit is patched asap.

+1
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
The Last Jedi is wonderful.

ForceMel
Commander

Post#37 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 am

Boog wrote:
ForceMel wrote:
Xinix wrote:No it is not. Please stop pretending you have some 'valuable information'. People are not interested in what you say IRL, and not here. You are not special. Nothing to be ashamed about: most people aren't.

If I recall, that dude was the leader of the number 1 squad on the Windows servers for a while. He's been around since the beginning of the game, and was a member of the original forums. I have not seen a single thing that would make me question his integrity.

Uh, yeah, i2 is not a troll. It may not be true, but I also heard once that CaRnAgE had a few accounts from swc developers.

I always heard rumors about them, and also about Dark Phase/Dark Mafia/Empire, but I've never one to believe in rumors. Besides, I knew Crankyface, and and a few others on their squad quite well, and also knew Mini Mafia, Jobebobbillyray, and a few others for the imps quite well as well. They are all just a bunch of guys who liked playing the game, and did the best they could. That's all my squad was as well, and we were number 3 behind the two mentioned here for the longest time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were rumors about us as well.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Return to “General Discussions”