Serious Exploit - Anyone know about this?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ii2
Commander

Serious Exploit - Anyone know about this?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 am

So I have just discovered a glitch/bug (whatever it is called) that I think is the greatest of all we have seen since the release of the game (in terms of its potential effect on game's longetivity that when gets spread out [and we all know not all play fair] it will be exploited to last drop making many of us some unhappy/frustrated players.) I figure this one is responsible for those replays mentioned by many, where the attacker cannot possibly 3 star a base but somehow managed to do that and took out all resources (obviously) but the replay shows it lasted way less than battle time with either a loss (or win under 100%) for the attacker. I found out about it by coincidence when playing on my 2nd account which I play on laptop in Gameroom. My primary base is on IOS. So I think this one is either Gameroom or Windows related; and I will stop there.

I know there is a Line community out there which I am not involved (do not use Line) but I am sure many topics get spoken about/discussed and some preferred not to be shared with all community for obvious reasons. My experience from Windows (and from IOS to some extent) is contacting support does not help on such matters (tried many times) so over the course of over what 3.5 years now?, like many, I developed immunity and adapted and accepted the game as it is but this one, is beyond anything I have seen in SWC. So my question is, does anyone know or have an idea on what I am talking about? I cannot be more specific as this is best within my English capability (as a foreign language). Feel free to ask if you need to, to help me to explain in a covert manner so you have an idea. How should we approach this one ? Or is it better to sweep this under carpet and wait where it gets. I dont know, kindda felt responsible to share.

Xinix
Major General

Re: Serious Exploit - Anyone know about this?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 am

If this is the same thing with the full resource grab from a few months ago then yes: it is old news and many LINE groups had plenty of discussion. Is considered highly unsportsmanlike, and players known to exploit it get reported and kicked from LINE.

Just enjoy the game and file a standard report to Disney if you see someone using it again.

ii2
Commander

Post#3 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 am

well, taking resources maybe a consequence or one of exploiter's motives but not the one you are talking about, no. The bad news is, and trust me please, it will not be considered a hack by support any more than the old exploit when the player force shut the app to avoid a loss during an attack (dont know about IOS/Android history, smth we had in Windows) and it just went on for ages and to the point we couldnt do squad wars for a long time due to people exploiting it. As much as I would like the enjoy game, this one will have a similar impact in game experience when the word gets out. Hence I bothered to share it.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:20 am

Please report it.
And NO, please don't post the details of how to exploit it here, or anywhere. Just send the details to support. Please.

Xinix
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:21 am

Stop trying: no-one is gonna bite.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 am

I dont know of any exploits myself, but would suggest you let Disney know.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 am

I would definitely report it; they may ban you, though, lol.

Sounds kind of like the windows cnfo-attack exploit. If this is something they can actually fix, that would be good. I'm not holding my breath that they can fix anything, though. The repair may be worse than the exploit.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#8 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:29 am

Xinix wrote:Stop trying: no-one is gonna bite.

Good one :)
But I do think he was being sincere.

ii2
Commander

Post#9 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:00 am

Xinix wrote:Stop trying: no-one is gonna bite.

I didnt start playing this game yesterday and there is probably little to none that most know but I dont about all glitches/bugs since day one. I am quiet an introvert when it comes to discussions on this forum, like many, due to the prospect of getting to defend/answer some of the responses that clearly lack mindfulness and maturity to be honest. To cut it short, I have enough experience to foresee the scope of an exploit's effect on game and this one I felt the need to be shared and discussed.

ii2
Commander

Post#10 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:03 am

Boog wrote:I would definitely report it; they may ban you, though, lol.

Sounds kind of like the windows cnfo-attack exploit. If this is something they can actually fix, that would be good. I'm not holding my breath that they can fix anything, though. The repair may be worse than the exploit.

Exactly. And like the CNFO exploit I doubt they will do anything about it. What I am concerned about the most is the exploiter can make it look as much real as possible without getting any attention (use a full LO and make every attack 3 star).

Return to “General Discussions”