SUGGESTION: Revise Crate Opening Animation and Building Rebuilds

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: Please revise opening crate method...

Post#11 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:16 pm

1-click, list rewards. Sooooo much better.

Euph
Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 pm

I think this is one of those things where they've done studies on the addictive nature of having crate opening being this flashy, bouncy affair. It ticks all the same boxes as slot machines. So it's all been designed to be the way it is very intentionally.

But yes, it's annoying and I wish it was streamlined to be faster. I've heard of people using macros for opening crates and that's one instance where I'm totally okay with the idea, lol.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#13 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 am

+1 to both RATHER ANNOYING one-tap-crate-opening and to no VERY ANNOYING repair progress for vital installations such as SC and HQ when recovering from attack. If I am frothing at the mouth after being attacked I want INSTANT REVENGE GRATIFICATION
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#14 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:04 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:+1 to both RATHER ANNOYING one-tap-crate-opening and to no VERY ANNOYING repair progress for vital installations such as SC and HQ when recovering from attack. If I am frothing at the mouth after being attacked I want INSTANT REVENGE GRATIFICATION

You don't need to be a sith to find both of those animations annoying.

I'd also prefer a 'skip animation' option for opening reward crates. The slow animation 're-build/repair' effect after an attack is also irksome and unnecessary. I'd like an option to skip that too.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#15 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:+1 to both RATHER ANNOYING one-tap-crate-opening and to no VERY ANNOYING repair progress for vital installations such as SC and HQ when recovering from attack. If I am frothing at the mouth after being attacked I want INSTANT REVENGE GRATIFICATION

You don't need to be a sith to find both of those animations annoying.

I'd also prefer a 'skip animation' option for opening reward crates. The slow animation 're-build/repair' effect after an attack is also irksome and unnecessary. I'd like an option to skip that too.

That'd also be great...

Maybe we should bombard them with emails tonight??? I'm game...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
139000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

erfs
Commodore

Re: SUGGESTION: Revise Crate Opening Animation and Building Rebuilds

Post#16 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:05 am

Does anyone know if the amount of time you wait to open the crates (i.e. let them "shake") makes any difference as far as what you will get ?

I always thought it's a bit like a random lottery, i.e. each "shaking" you wait, the contents get changed.

TSQL
Commodore

Post#17 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:21 am

erfs wrote:Does anyone know if the amount of time you wait to open the crates (i.e. let them "shake") makes any difference as far as what you will get ?

I always thought it's a bit like a random lottery, i.e. each "shaking" you wait, the contents get changed.

I don't think so. Pretty sure the random algorithm runs when you claim it.
I have noticed when you first click on the crate. Not to open it but claim it.
The alloy or credit icon will show up in the right top corner of the screen.
It always matches the type of loot I get.
Officer in JediTempleBlue
Windows Refugee

TNT
Major General

Post#18 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 am

erfs wrote:Does anyone know if the amount of time you wait to open the crates (i.e. let them "shake") makes any difference as far as what you will get ?

I know that it doesn't. When I click to open it my screen darkens and I can see my money/ore/crystals/contraband icon flash up just before going into the actual crate screen. This way I always know what's coming.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Jax
Squadron Leader

Post#19 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 pm

...and this thread just reminding me that I have a bunch of crates to open that are close to expiring.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 pm

If any devs choose to read this here’s a well known fact from the search engine optimization world. Forcing people to click too much to reach their goal creates a negative experience and can force people away from your website/game.

Return to “General Discussions”