Droidekas deserve a buff

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
geoman48
Major General

Re: Droidekas deserve a buff

Post#21 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:05 am

DrPain wrote:Devs probably read this and think that they need to add more levels to the dekas, lol

exactly what i thought... devs will be like $$$ for L60 droidekas!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:17 am

Plagueis wrote:I would say no to more health and damage and yes to making dekas more relevant through other means. They’re unique units and really should have unique traits that allow them to be competitive against buffed units and commonly uses tactics.

Maybe make them ignore enemies outside of their trip radius even when initially tripped. Picture someone dropping a reg within deka range and the deka just staying there once that reg dies, completely ignoring the WED droid that was also dropped in a corner. These are defensive units and logically should stay near the base to defend it.

Allow players to “tweak” the attack style of each deka like applying armory equipment but not having a specific skin to do so. I want an oppressor that shoots air-bursting rounds that do damage to jets. Maybe it would be ineffective against ground units in exchange but I would like to be able to tailor my dekas to deal with specific threats. Picture a sentinel with a sonic or rocket turret on each arm or one that swiftly repairs buidings as they’re being attacked to reverse the damage % and tell me that wouldn’t be rad.

Now that is a great idea.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

Ebacca
Squadron Leader

Post#23 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am

Add a 6th repair droid and a 2nd sentinel.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#24 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Well, I don't want more levels for Dekas upgrade! I'm thinking about to stop when my dekas get to 25 for all my accounts.

But instead of a buff, or another way to rush the repairs, Devs should give us the option to DISABLE the Dekas when we want. And this would be really a good improvement. You don't want to lose your dekas before do your attacks but have to go out and log off without protection? Just Disable the dekas, and enable them when you come back!

I don't think about a buff unless we have to unlock a new skin for a super deka or super deko buying crates in the store, because the evil Devs want you losing your Dekas at the first attack, so you will need to burn about 25 crystals everytime you need to use them in war attacks... Better let them broken while I still have HDs to do or when I'm not under protection yet.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 9/8 Rebel (in "Jedi'Masterz"/"Ewok_revenge" squads, join us!)

boshuda21
Captain

Post#25 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Some good ideas already listed.

I'd rather see the repair times for sentinels shortened, but charge some amount of credits to repair, being linked to the level of the sentinel (i.e. lv 1 is 10k to repair, lv 10 is 100k, lv 50 is 500k). This might encourage using the deka more in battle to fight GR, which should quell some GR woes.

IF one must have a buff, faster/gradual shield regeneration is one I would vote for (just like in wars).

I don't see the need to make it's max level higher.

Thrawn42
Cadet Trooper

Post#26 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Seems to me the simple fix for this issue, as well as some other ones, would be to reduce the armory buffs across the board. Then older units like Dekas become more useful.

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#27 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:27 pm

I'd like to see the armory buffs reduced, but probably wont happen. So the idea of customising our dekas sounds pretty cool. Choose the type of gun for each arm (much like swapping turrets). Sonics for both arms would be great for initial shot, but slow to reload. Mortars might be better for war when dandoran is only attacking op in play. Sonic and a burst might work best vs jets.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#28 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Plagueis wrote:
Allow players to “tweak” the attack style of each deka like applying armory equipment but not having a specific skin to do so. I want an oppressor that shoots air-bursting rounds that do damage to jets. Maybe it would be ineffective against ground units in exchange but I would like to be able to tailor my dekas to deal with specific threats. Picture a sentinel with a sonic or rocket turret on each arm or one that swiftly repairs buidings as they’re being attacked to reverse the damage % and tell me that wouldn’t be rad.

Now this is interesting. A deka that was built to defend against clone jump troopers back in the day repurposed for air defense. ;) A third unit that could be unlocked at level 8-10. Have it cost a bunch to upgrade and bang, disney has more money.

But it has a buff against any flying unit! Jump/jets, etc. :>
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#29 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:10 pm

For as much as it takes to upgrade them, they really do need to buff them. That was the whole reason to upgrade them early on. To have monsters on your base that struck fear in potential attackers hearts. Now level 50 just melt under the buffed troops. They just aren't worth it any longer. Of course I'm a fool. I'm still doing all I can to get mine back to where they were. I'm a low level 10 base, and my Deka is level 34, and the Deko is level 25.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#30 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:20 am

...adding ten more levels to the Deka/Deko would be good for the contra resources... but from what I can see none of the 'big' guys are even bothering to attack now... I've been on Kit for 4 days (Imperial) and only one jumps spammer has hit me... A dekka upgrade would require a skin change to make it worth while...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
139000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Return to “General Discussions”