Droidekas deserve a buff

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
JDD
Major General

Re: Droidekas deserve a buff

Post#11 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:37 pm

I prefer my 2 balls stone cold. ;) :lol: Makes it not so easy fer Kessen tae snipe the SC.

Spock
Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Euph wrote:
DrPain wrote:Devs probably read this and think that they need to add more levels to the dekas, lol

I'm torn. On the one hand.. please god no. On the other.. I would totally stop my deka at 54 and my deko at 59 to name them LIV and LIX.

That’s hilarious.

A little bird told be congratulations are in order for your (now larger) family. :)
Glad everything is well.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Euph
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Spock wrote:That’s hilarious.

A little bird told be congratulations are in order for your (now larger) family. :)
Glad everything is well.

Kind of you to say, man. I appreciate it.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm

JDD wrote:I prefer my 2 balls stone cold. ;) :lol: Makes it not so easy fer Kessen tae snipe the SC.

I leave them down to encourage attacks. I read all of your messages with the accent from the iron foot dwarf from Lord of the Rings by the way.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

JDD
Major General

Post#15 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
JDD wrote:I prefer my 2 balls stone cold. ;) :lol: Makes it not so easy fer Kessen tae snipe the SC.

I leave them down to encourage attacks. I read all of your messages with the accent from the iron foot dwarf from Lord of the Rings by the way.

:lol: That's because I'm a big fan of Dwarves from Tolkien tae Warhammer. Thankfully there's a Snow White in SWC Leia ;) :lol:

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 pm

JDD wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:

:lol: That's because I'm a big fan of Dwarves from Tolkien tae Warhammer. Thankfully there's a Snow White in SWC Leia ;) :lol:

Awesome! I could go for another LOTR trilogy.
Looking forward to Ep9.

JDD
Major General

Post#17 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
JDD wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:I leave them down to encourage attacks. I read all of your messages with the accent from the iron foot dwarf from Lord of the Rings by the way.

Here's a jolly good one with Two Steps From Hell: Victory. Awesome music! Enjoy! ;)

https://youtu.be/cWXZlIwAoYY

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 pm

JDD wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:
JDD wrote:

Here's a jolly good one with Two Steps From Hell: Victory. Awesome music! Enjoy! ;)

https://youtu.be/cWXZlIwAoYY

Cool
Looking forward to Ep9.

LosVega
Major General

Post#19 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:39 pm

More levels for dekas? Good grief NO! I think instead that there should be a buff for dekas in the form of a perk. Buff is time based and Disney can get some revenue (like they really need it :/) for those that want to crystal it to keep it on longer. Or they could bring back the Great Droideka Hero for an event or something.

Death Striker, I tried looking that thing up from the old forum via the wayback machine but no luck. Care to try?
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:21 pm

I would say no to more health and damage and yes to making dekas more relevant through other means. They’re unique units and really should have unique traits that allow them to be competitive against buffed units and commonly uses tactics.

Maybe make them ignore enemies outside of their trip radius even when initially tripped. Picture someone dropping a reg within deka range and the deka just staying there once that reg dies, completely ignoring the WED droid that was also dropped in a corner. These are defensive units and logically should stay near the base to defend it.

Allow players to “tweak” the attack style of each deka like applying armory equipment but not having a specific skin to do so. I want an oppressor that shoots air-bursting rounds that do damage to jets. Maybe it would be ineffective against ground units in exchange but I would like to be able to tailor my dekas to deal with specific threats. Picture a sentinel with a sonic or rocket turret on each arm or one that swiftly repairs buidings as they’re being attacked to reverse the damage % and tell me that wouldn’t be rad.

Return to “General Discussions”