Droidekas deserve a buff

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Droidekas deserve a buff

Post#1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:52 pm

A lot of us worked really hard to get high-level dekas. As virtually every other unit in the game gets a buff it's about time these guys returned to their place of prominence in the game. Plus it would help the Contraband economy as many would hoard to upgrade.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
The Last Jedi is wonderful.

Tamarack
Captain

Re: Droidekas deserve a buff

Post#2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:43 pm

They were so dangerous in the movies that Jedi ran from them. Here 3 jump troopers fly by a lvl 25 and they fall apart!

Before the frag chase and buffs they were dangerously annoying targets that required some thought. Now, as I read before, they are sports cars. They look pretty but are basically useless.
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Tamarack wrote:They were so dangerous in the movies that Jedi ran from them. Here 3 jump troopers fly by a lvl 25 and they fall apart!

Before the frag chase and buffs they were dangerously annoying targets that required some thought. Now, as I read before, they are sports cars. They look pretty but are basically useless.

Well stated. Let's go back to the future and make them relevant again!

Euph
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

+1 yes please. Although I suspect they have little incentive to make dekas 'arder as dead dekas = potential money.

But yeah: without even getting into the buffs to jumps and turrets, the trap buffs way back when really put a damper on deka usage as a bit of bad luck meant an embarrassing rebuild. And it happened so frequently I almost never use my deka and only sparingly use the deko.

Some consideration does need to be paid towards wars, where L50s are still pretty deadly - and balancing that between PvP where they might as well be fathiers.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
Back in the saddle again..

DrPain
Commodore

Post#5 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Devs probably read this and think that they need to add more levels to the dekas, lol

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 pm

DrPain wrote:Devs probably read this and think that they need to add more levels to the dekas, lol

Yikes I hope not lol!

mkenobi
Major General

Post#7 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
Tamarack wrote:They were so dangerous in the movies that Jedi ran from them. Here 3 jump troopers fly by a lvl 25 and they fall apart!

Well stated. Let's go back to the future and make them relevant again!

My droidekas are always upgrading or in repairing as they always die in the first attack to my base... Yeah... I really loved my Dekas in the time of Windows SWC before the Armory... The Oppressor was really a killing machine...

Now they are just museum pieces... Both die too fast, are too expensive to upgrade, take long to repair, and ocupy the worker droid for 7 days just to upgrade a level!

If at least we could use CB to repair both dekas instantly like we use alloy for the traps, that would be a good start.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial in "Stormflame" Level 45 Squad (Join us!)
Level 9/8/7 Rebel player in "Solo's_Band" Level 50 Squad (Join us and war everyday!)

Euph
Admiral

Post#8 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 pm

DrPain wrote:Devs probably read this and think that they need to add more levels to the dekas, lol

I'm torn. On the one hand.. please god no. On the other.. I would totally stop my deka at 54 and my deko at 59 to name them LIV and LIX.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
Back in the saddle again..

VileDoom
Major General

Post#9 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:30 pm

He’s absolutely right.

/sigh
STARBENDER - War Record 211W 3L 10T - We are Recruiting
BioHazard - Leader of STARBENDER

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Euph wrote:

I'm torn. On the one hand.. please god no. On the other.. I would totally stop my deka at 54 and my deko at 59 to name them LIV and LIX.

Haha awesome

Return to “General Discussions”