Rebel Rapid Fire Turrets vs. Empire

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rebelscummer
Commodore

Rebel Rapid Fire Turrets vs. Empire

Post#1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:40 pm

So, I switched all my Mortars to Rapids (Level 4 Skins) and I'm decimated by Jumps and mechs. I've watched some replays and it looks like they do very minimal damage to Empire units. Any of you use Rapid fire turrets and is there any difference between our and empire Rapids? I'm quite disappointed, this is my baby Level 9 base with Level 8/9 turrets (mix of Rapids and Rockets). I was hoping to see some improvement, but NO. I'm not gonna experiment with my level 10 base, which is doing pretty good without Rapids.
I'm done here, Death to the Empire!!!! :lol:

rawrebel
Commodore

Re: Rebel Rapid Fire Turrets vs. Empire

Post#2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:37 pm

It is known that rebel Rft do half the damage of empire Rft,datas were extracted from data miners .That is why for imps rft farm are still good with skins but not for rebels
I have lv9 skin and had all10 Rft,they still suck so swithched to rockets / bursts,they are way better and work on vehicles too.
There are some other threads on this topic
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22329

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 pm

The idea that rebel RFTs do half damage is at the moment entirely based on info from data miners. This is assuming that data is correct, or was reported correctly which it may not have been. An accurate comparison of imp vs. rebel RFTs to varify this data hasn’t been done in actual gameplay too, which it should be because as we also know, SWC isn’t the best constructed game and what shows up on a spreadsheet or description doesn’t make it true in reality. I noted the need to verify in the above linked thread before it went way off topic into rockets and GR. This wasn’t about the best ways for each side to counter jumps/jets. We’re still waiting for people to plop down a lugga in front of an unbuffed RFT from each faction (not storyline bases) and count how long it takes to get blasted to smithereens. If rebel RFTs ACTUALLY do half damage I can see an issue with it as SWC is pretty much infantry focused now.

ForceMel
Commander

Post#4 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:20 pm

I actually swapped a lot of my turrets to rapid fire because the imp ones I face are brutal. All my turrets are level 9 atm, but I rarely win defenses now. I don't know if that has anything to do with the turret selection, but I've started swapping rapids out for burst and rocket.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm

(delete)
Last edited by DarkRebel on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SFOne
Captain

Post#6 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm

I'm running 12rapids/8 sonics, with typically 4 upgrading to 10 at a time. I'm getting a good number of wins but my turret buffs are level 10. It feels like imp rapids hit harder; I remember once attack where I was surprised at how quickly my level 6 TX melted, but having said that a stronger rapid for imps given the previous HMC situation, along with an infantry bias on the rebel side, makes sense.
Rebel Level 10
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:46 pm

This is now confirmed. Empire RFTs do in fact do more damage than Rebel RFTs. Data from the data miners have long suggested it and now you can look at it first hand.

Rebel RFT Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laSxIbA ... e=youtu.be
Turret level 8 vs a Twilek level 1. Twilek dropped in range of turrent at 20 second mark of the video and it dies at 43 seconds. 43 - 20 = 23 seconds to kill the Twilek.
Level 1 Twilek has 19,640 health so rough DPS would be 854

Empire RFT Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwRAk-0 ... e=youtu.be
Turret level 8 vs a Twilek level 1. Twilek dropped in range of turrent at 20 second mark of the video and it dies at 35 seconds. 35 - 20 = 15 seconds to kill the Twilek.
Level 1 Twilek has 19,640 health so rough DPS would be 1,309

Conclusion
In this scenario of level 8 RFT turrets shooting at lvl 1 Twileks, Empire RFTs output approximately 53% more damage than their Rebel counterparts. Since RFTs do the same amount of damage against any target we would expect this result to be roughly consistent across all troop types.

FruitBowlMafia
Commodore

Post#8 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:02 pm

DCReborn wrote:This is now confirmed. Empire RFTs do in fact do more damage than Rebel RFTs. Data from the data miners have long suggested it and now you can look at it first hand.

Rebel RFT Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laSxIbA ... e=youtu.be
Turret level 8 vs a Twilek level 1. Twilek dropped in range of turrent at 20 second mark of the video and it dies at 43 seconds. 43 - 20 = 23 seconds to kill the Twilek.
Level 1 Twilek has 19,640 health so rough DPS would be 854

Empire RFT Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwRAk-0 ... e=youtu.be
Turret level 8 vs a Twilek level 1. Twilek dropped in range of turrent at 20 second mark of the video and it dies at 35 seconds. 35 - 20 = 15 seconds to kill the Twilek.
Level 1 Twilek has 19,640 health so rough DPS would be 1,309

Conclusion
In this scenario of level 8 RFT turrets shooting at lvl 1 Twileks, Empire RFTs output approximately 53% more damage than their Rebel counterparts. Since RFTs do the same amount of damage against any target we would expect this result to be roughly consistent across all troop types.

Thx for taking the time to post.
Lone_Rebellion

Rebelscummer
Commodore

Post#9 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Thank you all for that info, I knew something was wrong. I wasted bunch of crystals. I swapped all sucky Rapids for Soncis. It was hard to watch, another example that the dev balance department is infiltrated by imperial spies. Somebody should audit them.
I'm done here, Death to the Empire!!!! :lol:

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:34 pm

There you go guys. Nice testing.

Return to “General Discussions”