EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Re: EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

Post#41 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:35 am

DarthHunter wrote:Just give us Fett already.

Have to say though, being awarded frags for the INT-4, AT-ACT and Assassin Droid so far certainly doesn't hurt. And that big lump of AT-ACT frags is definitely worth progressing for.

fully agree, The big pile of ATACT's might just get me another upgrade if I pick up some more in between.

Besides, has nobody else used the turle's secret detonator blast which is waaaaaaay superior to Kessen in SC-sniping? ;-)
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#42 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:06 am

spootieho wrote:
Richaldo wrote:The unit is shit, takes forever to do any damage and is slow as fuck...

plus has nothing to do with Star wars (happy to be proved wrong)

other than that... happy Friday!

I am going to try googling it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Demolition_droid

Appearances
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (First appearance)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (Appears in flashback(s))

Great work man!!!!!!!!! You are the Sherlock holmes of Star Wars Commander :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
143500 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

wesman21
Captain

Post#43 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:28 am

Richaldo wrote:The unit is shit, takes forever to do any damage and is slow as fuck...

LOL, YAIISSSS HAPPY FRIDAY MATE! You summed it up perfectly, if only they had this event for frags people gave a shit about. That being said, I'm on level 10 already!

MobiusPrime
Commander

Post#44 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:09 am

Why is this another droid in the barracks? They need to be trained? They weren’t manufactured in a factory? They are so very different from a probe droid?
SithLegionXII Empire, Competitive, Active, Adult, Drama Free Squad.

DeathStriker

Post#45 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:59 am

NEW UNIT ANALYSIS

NEW UNIT INFO (extracted from Developer Notes)

• Rebel Demolition Droid / Empire LIN Demolitionmech is trained in the Barracks once unlocked
  • Prioritizes and deals extra damage versus non-turret and non-resource structures:

• Barracks / Factory / Cantina
    • Squad Center
    • Armory
    • Starship Command / Hero Command / Planetary Command
    • Troop Transport
    • Research Lab
    • Scout Tower
    • Droid Hut
UNIT INFO EXTRACT (from Rebel Unit Info)

This droid is reprogrammed to ignore turrets and resources, engaging targets such as the Squad Center, Barracks, and Armory at point-blank range with explosives.

Special armoring protects the droid from its own attack, though it cannot transform and is still vulnerable to enemy fire.
ANALYSIS:

1. The highlighted text in the UNIT INFO EXTRACT above caught my attention. Essentially it states that the Rebel Demolition Droid (and presumed the same for Empire LIN Demolitionmech) won't get damaged by its deployed explosives - BUT - can't survive Turret Direct Fire or Enemy Unit (SC / GR) Direct Fire.
  2. FURTHERMORE... from the highlighted text above - when did any SWC Unit ever "Transform" :?:
  3. Ok... Since when was non-turret and non-resource structures so difficult to destroy that we need a separate unit to deal with them.
  4. Barracks / Factory / Cantina - YES - for HQ 6+ you have to deal with GR from Barracks and Factories and maybe at some point GR Mercenaries spawning from Cantina? But even so, by the time the Demolition Droid(s) arrive to deliver their explosive payloads they would be destroyed anyway.
  5. Squad Center - YES - just like Ithorian Infiltrators or Kubaz Invaders you could target the Squad Center - BUT - that would "trip" the SC which will spawn Units which will destroy the Demolition Droids - BEFORE - it arrives so - exactly - how do the Game Developer expect this unit to be used against a SC by any Player HQ 4 or higher? (HQ 2 and HQ 3 are less likely to have SC Units)
  6. Other Structures - what "data" is showing that Players are having difficulty in destroy these using "Classic Game Units" ??
BOTTOM LINE: Another "Novelty Unit" with no real function other than to clog up the Data Frag System in order to slow down Player's progression thereby making Players play longer so as to increase the chance that Disney might make more $$$ from Crystal Sales...

Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#46 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 am

wesman21 wrote:

LOL, YAIISSSS HAPPY FRIDAY MATE! You summed it up perfectly, if only they had this event for frags people gave a shit about. That being said, I'm on level 10 already!

hahahah so true bro!!!! I'll no doubt be going for those elite crates as well... !
Richaldo. Leader of SITh

DeathStriker

Post#47 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 am

Richaldo wrote:
wesman21 wrote:

hahahah so true bro!!!! I'll no doubt be going for those elite crates as well... !

ELITE CRATE REWARDS:

Courtesy of your hard working Data Miners :D

⇨ View Info found here (External Link)

Adding to this Topic...

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#48 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:12 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
wesman21 wrote:LOL, YAIISSSS HAPPY FRIDAY MATE! You summed it up perfectly, if only they had this event for frags people gave a shit about. That being said, I'm on level 10 already!

ELITE CRATE REWARDS:

Courtesy of your hard working Data Miners :D

⇨ View Info found here (External Link)

Adding to this Topic...

Thanks for sharing, this does change things for me massively!!! Unlike last time there won't be any Togarths and i've got the rest of that stuff at high level, or on my list of 'non essential upgrades'... to be fair I actually enjoy the 2 hour battle, log off chill, do another crate... a bit less relentless!

I had the grind of my life with the last tournament.. then the next 48 hours accumulated an additional 490k contra on Tat (thanks Rebels) for my Dekka upgrade to level 44 (665k of lols)... so maybe this timely break could be good for old Richie Rich!

Peace
Richaldo. Leader of SITh

DeathStriker

Post#49 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 am

Richaldo wrote:Thanks for sharing, this does change things for me massively!!!

Richaldo - I too am re-thinking about how much effort I will do in the EP Grind... That said, Week #3 sounds interesting in that there will be only 5 Objectives with Elite Crates having 4 Hour Research Times.

See my Post found here.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#50 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Thanks for sharing, this does change things for me massively!!!

Richaldo - I too am re-thinking about how much effort I will do in the EP Grind... That said, Week #3 sounds interesting in that there will be only 5 Objectives with Elite Crates having 4 Hour Research Times.

See my Post found here.

For me it's a planning issue... I'm possibly the most geeky of planners with regard to my upgrades! I knew precisely what I was going to do in the last tournament with regard to planets, and I knew the level of contra i needed to get to so i could finish my upgrade before the weekend... VERY SAD I know haha! I really like the look of that week three though... really really like it!

One thing I do like about th EP is that... yes... the elite crates are great, but hey, if you miss out on them you miss out on them, getting a few nice bonus crates every few hours or so for a few games is definitely a good thing - especially for the low level players. So in that respect i'm very happy with this type of event... For now! :) End of the day, i actually think this EP thing makes it more mobile-gaming friendly. Conflicts are great... but do take up a massive amount of your life!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh

Return to “General Discussions”