EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boom
Captain

Re: EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

Post#201 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 pm

KPD wrote:
I don’t really see what the big deal is......

I can only assume that math is not your strong suit. On one account I got the favorable test where I deploy troops (great use for the hoards of inventory on hand) and get an instant crate. In this case I am on my third bonus crate. On another account I got the unfavorable test for a high EP and 4 hour build. Since I do not have 8 free hours a day to focus on SWC I am only on the third objective on that account. It really is amazing that the developers would do this.

Pirate
Major General

Post#202 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm

I'm in the high EP test group it seems. Not that it matters, I wouldn't chase this event either way.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#203 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 pm

The high ep/4 hour cook is a pain in the ass. You can really just barf out troops from your inventory and do the other one.

carlos413
Commodore

Post#204 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:56 pm

desmshei wrote:Finally I have to come out against what us obviously a lack of foresight by the developers

To get the research phase for the 4th crate in tho conflict., one needs 1800 ep which is equal to 12 3-star victories on the trot. This equates to almost 2 hours to get what??? No crystals, no significant data drags - 10 ir more, or even .....

The reward offered is less than one would have received in the past engagements for greatly increased time

This method needs a rethink going forward

They are banking on us buying more crystals. That's all Disney ever thinks about in regards to this game. They look at the data and see people grinding for crates. They make it harder so in there Theory will spend more...Not I!
Sypress Officer HQ Lvl 10, 44k medals.
Yodas Padawans is recruiting Open to all
Line ID sypress2

Boom
Captain

Post#205 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:05 pm

P.S. On my high Ep/4 hr acct the primary normal objective is train 21 twileks.....nice joke Mickey, nice joke.

TNT
Major General

Post#206 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:04 am

I've been slowly deploying a lot of the new speeder types(my quickest building vehicle) as I make my way to 180 vehicles. However I have to say, their pathing is really great. They seem to prefer skirting the edge of the map and can even make their way to the back of the base that way. Really neat.

mkenobi wrote:True.

The game is still surprisingly funny at level 8. I kept my Rebel base at level 8 for about 8 months until max out each building and unit, and have all Elites and armory equipments unlocked and upgraded to levels 6 and above. I know very well how game works at level 9 and 10...

I only went to level 9 with my Imperial account because of the compensation of crystals for my lost Windows account. I only went to level 9 as Rebel without any crystal because the game got boring seeing my base being attacked by levels 10 and losing about 500k resources and 20k CB all the time, and losing the war rewards because there was nothing else to spend.

Now as level 9, most objectives take an hour to complete, heroic defenses are hard to get 3 stars without spending hero, SC or air, getting UC in conflicts became virtually impossible and even the events that were the option for getting easy frags became a headache.

Go to level 9 if you like to play wars: Opressor, IDT / LAAT traps, Lugabeast, one more planet and more 10 UCs to attack, make all the difference when you do not have Takodana or Tatooine. But if you need to improve your Armory and Elites, and play conflicts, heroic defenses, objectives and events are priorities, DO NOT upgrade your HQ to level 9.

Hope they change the Event mode for the next edition. The changes to this Event only made things worse and we were very badly rewarded.

I've been harboring a suspicion for a long time that it's actually the lower levels that make Disney the money while the higher levels just cost money. Hence why they make it such a slog. Hence why so many of the new units are literally only good below lvl6. Hence why the GR only has a passing resemblance of balance when you just unlock it.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#207 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:46 pm

TNT wrote: I've been harboring a suspicion for a long time that it's actually the lower levels that make Disney the money while the higher levels just cost money. Hence why they make it such a slog. Hence why so many of the new units are literally only good below lvl6. Hence why the GR only has a passing resemblance of balance when you just unlock it.

If things don't scale as you level, then certainly you get the most bang for your buck at lower levels.

It's amazing that so many of the companies dont' have some sort of scaling benefit per $ spent. That suggests to me that higher levels still do pay a lot.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#208 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Just loged in with my secondary account who was in the test group with big EP request and 4 hrs ck time and noticed that chapter 4 task is no longer 1800 Ep and 4 hrs research time but "destroy x buildings" and 0 research time completed it,got 32 frags of useless thing then directly jumped to final repeatable crate.
Have Disney realized the big mistake he maded with big Ep request?

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#209 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:52 pm

The big EP tasks aren't that bad if you complete daily crates along with them, as that gets aded to your total. In addition the planet hopping allows you to pick up extra EP for moving up the conflict ladder as well.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#210 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 am

I'm in the 4 hour group. The crate rewards seem less than before. Not sure it's worth it.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”