EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
rebel10

Re: EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

Post#191 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 am

3rd chapter for level 10 is 1400 EPs , and 4 hours of research. That amounts to 9 three star victories and an objective.
Can't wait till level 5.

erfs
Captain

Post#192 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:19 am

On my L7 reduced base I have the EP requirement which is doable - even the 1000+ EP.

However, for my L8 full base I have to deploy 150 vehicles which is not worth it. If I were on a medal losing mission, yes, but I just don't feel like it, so I'll concentrate on the L7 base instead.

Boog
Admiral

Post#193 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 am

I only lost one attack during the deploy 150 vehicle stage. I actually thought it was fun, and very fast. My load out for most of the attacks was the ATACT, two storms, a shadow rancor, and 20 probes. The only thing i cooked was the storms. I attacked on Dando, where I find easy dev bases, and as soon as I got the hq and dumped the probe, I was out. I still have 100+ probe droids in my hq. For the hq kill step, I just grabbed heavies from my hq and an eatat. The two stages were shockingly fast. It is much easier than the EP/four hour wait option.

DeathStriker

Post#194 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 am

WHY I AM GRINDING...

The ONLY reason I am continuing in this Event are the few useful Data Fragments for Units (like Senator Leia, Ithorian Infiltrator, etc) that I find in the Elite Crates.

For Part 3, on 3 different accounts I happened to be in the best possible situation.

• HQ 10 Account - Group-A - EP and MORE EP grinding. Well by being on Tatooine, my HQ 10 Account finds lots of Developer Bases which I have been clearing using nothing by 6 to 8 Buffed Jets being cooked continuously... My Chapter Objective #4 - Get 1800 EP took me 12 attacks at 150 EP per 3-Star Attack. If I had used my normal Attack Cycle (Loadout Unit Cook Time + Scouting + PvP Attack) of approximately 15 to 20 minutes it would of taken me 3 to 4 hours to complete (if I got nothing but 3-Star Attacks).

BUT GOOD NEWS... since I was finding Developer Bases and using a minimal Buffed Jet attack force I was able to complete Chapter Objective #4 in a little over 1 hour to 1.5 hours. :D

UPDATE: With Research for Objective #4 completed it only took me 10 Minutes (which includes Loadout Cook Time and PvP Attack Times) to do 4 Attacks getting approximately 54 Buildings each to complete the Main Objective - Destroy 198 Buildings. Now it is on to Elite Event Crates for my HQ 10 Account. :D

• HQ 7 Account - Group-B - Complete "tasks". Well I completed all "tasks" yesterday and got 2 Elite Crates so far with another already being Researched which will end shortly to make 3 (with more to come)... ;)

• HQ 4 Account - Group-A - EP and MORE EP grinding. This is about as hard as my HQ 10 Account but that said it was noted that for Group-A, those with a HQ 4 or HQ 5 their EP Requirements were LESS than for those with a HQ 2 or HQ 3 - so that is a good thing! :lol: Currently Researching Chapter Objective #3.
And so... the grinding continues... looking forward to Thursday when this Event ends... and then some rest or a break as the next event (rumored to be a Death Star Event) does not interest me... but again... if it is something different... well we will see...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added Update

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Major General

Post#195 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 am

TNT wrote:They just really don't want you to play. :)

But it really is amazing how every time they introduce something that people don't hate and sometimes even like they immediately go about gutting that. This is example number....ermm I lost count.

I've already made up my mind that I'm not going to move to lvl10. Lvl8 was pretty fun, lvl9 is already quite the slog, lvl10 looks horrible. I'll keep upgrading an researching lvl9 instead. :P

Good luck deploying 400 vehicles. :D

True.

The game is still surprisingly funny at level 8. I kept my Rebel base at level 8 for about 8 months until max out each building and unit, and have all Elites and armory equipments unlocked and upgraded to levels 6 and above. I know very well how game works at level 9 and 10...

I only went to level 9 with my Imperial account because of the compensation of crystals for my lost Windows account. I only went to level 9 as Rebel without any crystal because the game got boring seeing my base being attacked by levels 10 and losing about 500k resources and 20k CB all the time, and losing the war rewards because there was nothing else to spend.

Now as level 9, most objectives take an hour to complete, heroic defenses are hard to get 3 stars without spending hero, SC or air, getting UC in conflicts became virtually impossible and even the events that were the option for getting easy frags became a headache.

Go to level 9 if you like to play wars: Opressor, IDT / LAAT traps, Lugabeast, one more planet and more 10 UCs to attack, make all the difference when you do not have Takodana or Tatooine. But if you need to improve your Armory and Elites, and play conflicts, heroic defenses, objectives and events are priorities, DO NOT upgrade your HQ to level 9.

Hope they change the Event mode for the next edition. The changes to this Event only made things worse and we were very badly rewarded.
Last edited by mkenobi on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial in "Stormflame" Level 45 Squad (Join us!)
Level 9/8/7 Rebel player in "Solo's_Band" Level 50 Squad (Join us and war everyday!)

mkenobi
Major General

Post#196 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:41 am

DeathStriker wrote:WHY I AM GRINDING...

The ONLY reason I am continuing in this Event are the few useful Data Fragments for Units (like Senator Leia, Ithorian Infiltrator, etc) that I find in the Elite Crates.

DS, You are a true SWC hero...! Same thing here for my Rebel accounts.

But I started this Event with my 4 accounts (1 Imperial, 3 Rebels), and made the Part 1, and the Elite Bonus with all. I dropped my Imperial level 9 account after get the frags I needed to max out Death Trooper in the Elite Bonus in the Part 2, but I kept playing with my 3 Rebel accounts. Now I reached HQ9 with my Rebel account and dropped it, and also dropped my 2nd Rebel account level 8 in this Part 3. And the winner is: my baby base Rebel level 7!!!

My level 7 is a mini (no defenses beyond walls and 4 level 1 turrets), then my rivals are most level 5s with low defenses, then is easy to get 3 stars with a hero and 12 soldiers. And do two attacks to get the 240 EP in less than 5min.

Conclusion: if you want to play this kind of Event (or the SWC in PvP mode as a whole), don't upgrade your defenses and don't level up your HQ -- but have a mini or a sandbagging base and never go above the level 7. There is no logic in this, but is the best way to circumvent the difficulties that the game imposes each time you advance a HQ level or improve something in your base.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial in "Stormflame" Level 45 Squad (Join us!)
Level 9/8/7 Rebel player in "Solo's_Band" Level 50 Squad (Join us and war everyday!)

OrchidMantis
Cadet Trooper

Post#197 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi all! I'm new to the forum, just came here because Disney support said I should keep an eye here for resolutions. :lol:

Anyway, I sent them 3 issues in the last 4 days, here was today's. I would love to know if you have addressed the issue with THEM other than just here on the forum.

To Disney Support:

Ok I just finished the first objective in the Explosive Finish Flash Event and the next objective said to Deploy 325 Vehicle Units, so after I deployed a Juggernaut and 2 Repulsor Tanks, totaling 34 units, it registers ONLY ONE UNIT PER VEHICLE.

Think of that, 325 individual vehicles! The most basic vehicle is the Speeder = 5 units so I can fit the most on my transports. 325 vehicles X 5 units each = 1,625 Units divided by Max Transports of 120 = @14 times the transports have to be filled and emptied of ONLY SPEEDERS.

Now if someone had low level speeders taking only 2.5 minutes each to build, but had the max if 3 Factories, it would still take 4.5+ HOURS OF SOLID BUILD TIME just to build enough bikes for the objective.

That can't be what is expected for only the 2nd chapter objective of this event!

Please help! Thank you!

Orchid_Mantis
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added Quote for Clarity - Removed Personal Information (Name)

Boog
Admiral

Post#198 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

That's what you're supposed to do. Hopefully, you have a ton of bikes or atrt's in your hq inventory. Now is the time to dump them. I got attacked by 32 bikes earlier today (it didn't go well for the attacker, lol). You can load 8 into your SC as well, so don't forget to drop the flag.

You can cook 24 bikes in just a few seconds, too. Just load your factory's queue, then push the little green button.

DeathStriker

Post#199 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:24 pm

OrchidMantis wrote:Hi all! I'm new to the forum, just came here because Disney support said I should keep an eye here for resolutions. :lol:

Anyway, I sent them 3 issues in the last 4 days, here was today's. I would love to know if you have addressed the issue with THEM other than just here on the forum.

To Disney Support:

Ok I just finished the first objective in the Explosive Finish Flash Event and the next objective said to Deploy 325 Vehicle Units, so after I deployed a Juggernaut and 2 Repulsor Tanks, totaling 34 units, it registers ONLY ONE UNIT PER VEHICLE.

Please help! Thank you!

Orchid_Mantis

OrchidMantis - Welcome to the Forum! :D

You were confusing "Unit Capacity" which each Unit has with individual UNITS (like Infantry, Vehicle, Mercenary, Hero, etc)

The "Deploy X Amount of Vehicles" is simply that. You should do a full loadout of your Vehicle with the lowest Unit Capacity (like Bikes for Rebels, or Probes for Empire), then deploy, take the Loss, rinse and repeat until Objective is done. In the following Objectives you will make back most if not all of any losses.

Using any HQ Samples is one way of speeding up the process. Also, while not recommended, you can always Crystal the building completion of the Vehicles.

Hope this helps...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

desmshei

Post#200 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Finally I have to come out against what us obviously a lack of foresight by the developers

To get the research phase for the 4th crate in tho conflict., one needs 1800 ep which is equal to 12 3-star victories on the trot. This equates to almost 2 hours to get what??? No crystals, no significant data drags - 10 ir more, or even .....

The reward offered is less than one would have received in the past engagements for greatly increased time

This method needs a rethink going forward

Return to “General Discussions”