EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Euph
Admiral

Re: EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

Post#181 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm

I do so enjoy being repeatedly treated like a member of a test group by Disney.

In soviet California, mouse tests you.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

LordWader
Captain

Post#182 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:51 pm

So I am guessing that once you are in a particular group (A or B) there is no going back and forth. I"E first objective is to collect EP and then second objective is to deploy vehicles? Assuming that once your first task is to collect EP, that is what you are doing the rest of the event?

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#183 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Took 2 hours to get to bonus crates on my main level 9 account with all the destroy / deploy objectives. Now with my second level 7 account I just got to stage 3 and am faced with earning 1150 EP which is ridiculous!! I'm not going to even bother. Totally unfair and unreasonable for anyone who got lumped into this group. The developers are in a world of their own!
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - Hotfix_Reborn

KPD
Commander

Post#184 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 am

sgu97cab wrote:Took 2 hours to get to bonus crates on my main level 9 account with all the destroy / deploy objectives. Now with my second level 7 account I just got to stage 3 and am faced with earning 1150 EP which is ridiculous!! I'm not going to even bother. Totally unfair and unreasonable for anyone who got lumped into this group. The developers are in a world of their own!

I don’t really see what the big deal is. There are only 5 steps in this set of objectives vs the 23 in the previous weeks. Yes, it can be hard to get the EP needed in one sitting, but it’s still going to end up completing quicker than the last one and on to the bonus crates.

I mean, if you get a chance to play for only 30 minutes a day, then yes, this sucked...but you probably were having other issues keeping up before this....

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#185 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:24 am

Hmmm, thanks for the info...
I'll let this event pass I think. I just need 5 more Kessen frags to get him finally fully upgraded. I'll get them by easily maintaining myself in Obsidian on Dando and let the other useless stuff pass. Deploy 325 vehicles is just plain absurd. Even calculating for a certain loss by deploying 30 probes per attack would take many hours of frustrating play. It is not the dropped medals I mind but the pointlessness of such an exercise.
So Disney, keep your useless Turtle , Kubaz end Assassin droid frags!

Edit:
at stage 2/5 I did not have to deploy 350 or so vehicles, but only to gather 800 EP, which is doable.
just for your info
Last edited by DarthBratzzznew on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

AeroSith
Captain

Post#186 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:27 am

sgu97cab wrote:Took 2 hours to get to bonus crates on my main level 9 account with all the destroy / deploy objectives. Now with my second level 7 account I just got to stage 3 and am faced with earning 1150 EP which is ridiculous!! I'm not going to even bother. Totally unfair and unreasonable for anyone who got lumped into this group. The developers are in a world of their own!

I agree I just updated to Lvl 7, so all my units are still at 6, the worst part is I have a high medal count and every base I get is either an 8 or 9 sometimes a 10 :shock:...... time to shed some medals.
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#187 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 am

Is group B more often then group A??

It seem I am so only one in group A in our entire squad. Just a coincidens?

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#188 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 am

My primary accounts are level 9s now (Imperial and Rebel) and the amount of EP to earn to progress is beyond ridiculous -- 1130 -- and is the same for my level 8 rebel account! With 4h of waiting to get more frags for the new-droid-stupid-piece-of-junk... I quit. I already got what I wanted (maxed out Death Trooper for my Imperial base, and maxed out Kessen/upgraded eAT-TE to level4 for my Rebel base). The rest is crap.

I'm playing only with my mini base Rebel level 7, Despite the stupid deploy 150 vehicles objective -- i was able to finish by dumping everything I had in my HQ like AT-RTs, Speeders and Skiffs -- the others objectives were fast as destroy X turrets, X buildings, X HQs, and I reached the Elite Bonus with no problems, and now the EP still is 240, what i can get with 2 attacks, but the waiting time is 4h.

One more time, I say this kind of event system -- that is getting worst at each week because of the stupidity of the Devs -- is playable the most for those who have a HQ 7 or below.

Disney should learn from other games how to gift players that are dedicated and that keep playing the game and spending money despite all bugs, troubles and bad rewards. SWC is the first game I played that seems to punish you everytime you reach a higher level, and more you play worst the rewards become: heroic defenses, daily objectives, conflicts, and now events are even more tough as you level up your base and rewards don't worth any effort.

Instead of incentiving players to keep playing after they reach the high levels, game simply demotive them and encourage them to leave the game. How stupid. And before I forget, Go.To.Hell.Disney.Again.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 9/8 Rebel (in "Jedi'Masterz"/"Ewok_revenge" squads, join us!)

TNT
Major General

Post#189 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 am

They just really don't want you to play. :)

But it really is amazing how every time they introduce something that people don't hate and sometimes even like they immediately go about gutting that. This is example number....ermm I lost count.

I've already made up my mind that I'm not going to move to lvl10. Lvl8 was pretty fun, lvl9 is already quite the slog, lvl10 looks horrible. I'll keep upgrading an researching lvl9 instead. :P

Good luck deploying 400 vehicles. :D
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#190 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 am

Euph wrote:I do so enjoy being repeatedly treated like a member of a test group by Disney.

In soviet California, mouse tests you.

lol 'the land of the free' - whoever told you that was your Enemy! :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
139000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Return to “General Discussions”