EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ForceMel
Commodore

Re: EVENT: Explosive Finish - Discussion Thread

Post#11 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Hey all. I'm not new to the game, but new to this forum, although I've been lurking for some time, and I was a big poster in the original forums... Now that I got that out of the way, I have also gotten some elite data fragments from the event crates. That's a nice little bonus. On a side note, I wonder if the devs are now holding their cards close to the chest so news of these events don't leak.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:47 pm

ForceMel wrote:Hey all. I'm not new to the game, but new to this forum, although I've been lurking for some time, and I was a big poster in the original forums... Now that I got that out of the way, I have also gotten some elite data fragments from the event crates. That's a nice little bonus. On a side note, I wonder if the devs are now holding their cards close to the chest so news of these events don't leak.

ForceMel - Welcome to the Forum! :D

I made the same observation - that is - info about upcoming Content not being found in Data Code. Only time will tell if this a new "policy" or just a hold over from the Holidays. We will see as we get into Week 2 or perhaps Week 3 of this Event.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:02 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Spock wrote:Link to info on all the event ep objectives for week 1

Spock - I too provided the same link... Thanks for Posting! :D

GOOD NEWS!

Event Crates earned via EP for all Event Objectives except Chapter Objectives are rewarding Elite Event Unit Data Fragments and/or Armory Elite Unit Skin Data Frags (2 separate Awards) + Resources.

What I'm seeing after complete the 3 first steps with my Imperial/Rebel accs is: there is no Samples this time, only frags for armory items and resources in the rewards, like:

Kubaz Invader x2
Credits x150 000
Forest Jump Trooper x2

or

Ithorians Infiltrator x2
Credits x132 000
Guard Reserve Anti-Vehicle x2

I also earned 1 frag for the new droid in one of the EP Crates Reward for my Rebel acc. Now I'm 1/32 to unlock it :lol:
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DeathStriker

Post#14 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:09 pm

mkenobi wrote:What I'm seeing after complete the 3 first steps with my Imperial/Rebel accs is: there is no Samples this time, only frags for armory items and resources in the rewards,

I also earned 1 frag for the new droid in one of the EP Crates Reward for my Rebel acc. Now I'm 1/32 to unlock it :lol:

mkenobi - My HQ 7 Account on Objective #3 got 2 New Unit Samples and so... Samples are being given out as one of the Rewards.

shazahm1
Captain

Post#15 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Here's what the event crates are rewarding:

https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/lc_e ... o_eqp.html

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:21 pm

I think the crates are pretty good. I've gotten INT-4 frags out of two of them (4 frags total). The Roomba blows ass as far as I can tell, though. It's slower taking down a transport than a shock trooper.

Swad
Major General

Post#17 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Lol, I tried out a new lev10 sample droid and a lev1 twilek. Both occupy ssame space in transport.
Both put against tranport building first.
Twilek destroyed transport and 2 barracks before droid had destroyed 1 transport. Twilek was destroyed quicker when attacked by GR but overall took out several buildings plus enemy speeders in the final blast. Droid only destroyed the 1 transport.
Will need to see where the advantage is, if any.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

DeathStriker

Post#18 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:47 pm

EVENT SCREENSHOT

Event Daily Crate

I think these Crates look cool 8-)

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#19 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:49 pm

A squadmate used a level 10 demolition droid on exposed barracks. It took about 10 seconds before it actually did any real damage to the building. I guess the jetpack watching from a distance got a little impatient, and came over to help him actually destroy the building.

At this point, the only reason to upgrade this to 10 is so that you never have to worry about getting frags for it again. It seems like the new most useless unit on the board.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Euph
Admiral

Post#20 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: this new unit. Neat idea; terrible execution. Tried a few L10 samples. I think it might be worse than a single storm.

I will say this about the demo droid: it managed to blow up one of those OP corner droid huts alright. I think the droid might've been mad about how the Jawa treated it's kind.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Return to “General Discussions”