Cook Time are too High!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Tomato
Commodore

Cook Time are too High!

Post#1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Like the title says.

After the introduction of the Jets / Jump skins it never really made sense to build vehicles from the factories. I've been clocking average build times of 15 min (even when I preload troops).

This is seriously hurting this game and making me just want to hit Dev bases especially with the EP system rewarding 3-star attacks.

Devs should really start thinking about decreasing cook times for all infantry troops by 1/4 or 1/3 of the time. Troops build outs should be roughly under 10mins. Which would make this game somewhat bareable.

Or at most, introduce new squad perks where I can decrease cook times so I can burn all this credits which I have so much of.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

ObiTwo
Commodore

Re: Cook Time are too High!

Post#2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Or decrease all the buffs so a more balanced build is possible for both sides and the factories come back into play.
http://youtube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

chicohound
Captain

Post#3 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 pm

I suggested a squad perc that would decrease the cook times to Diz about a year and a half ago. You can probably figure out what response I got back.

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Cook buff tanks as well, or buff mhc on hoth
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
The Last Jedi is wonderful.

Xinix
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 am

15 mins. cook times sound quite reasonable ... you cannot expect rolling over 10 big bases with lots of loot in an hour to be standard (unless you want to pay crystals)

TNT
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:39 am

Cook times are indeed too high. Well either that or your crystal spending is too low.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Don't bother, maybe go pick some flowers outside instead? Bake a cake? Play a different game?

Fritzie
Lieutenant

Post#7 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 am

Make sure you use all your production to decrease total cook-time for you load-out. So cook infantry & vehicles & mercs. As said, buffed tanks and/or mhc's are a good option.

mkenobi
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:24 am

I agree with the introduction of a perk to reduce the cooking time of ships at least.

Cooking time has always been a problem for all of us and a way for Disney to make more money from players using crystals to rush the loading of troops / vehicles / ships, especially during wars when you do not know how long you will have the advantage of the Outposts. Because of this, I doubt that one day they will reduce the cooking time. But there are ways to get around this by being creative.

1) Use but do not waste samples in your HQ, especially heroes, special troops and ships, save them to use in emergencies, especially in wars, and choose units that you do not use to complete transports and be used to bait and attract SC or GR troops and save important units.

2) everyone wants to attack with 14-17 jets/jumps to get an easy win at the expense of long periods of training, so vary your loadout by building tanks to use with TXs (they're a good alternative to jets/jumps) , and mercenaries, and cut the time in half.

3) Do not upgrade an important unit unnecessarily when there is no real benefit in increasing damage / health. This is the case of Kubaz / Ithorian, Security Droid / Drabatan, Tie Striker / Fang, etc.

4) See what troops you really need to use and upgrade them based on the level of your opponents (remember that higher your base strength/number of medals are, the stronger your rivals will be). If you control your base level/medals you control the level of your opponents.

5) Heroes are practically superfluous when you already have skins for jets/jumps, but at level 7 Leia, Han, Chewie have 4min 30s of cooking time versus 9min 20s at level 8. If you are level 8 like me, and have skins for them, keep them at level 7, the skins compensate for the loss of one level, and you will have a hero ready every 4min, and this helps me to save time during the tour of the heroic defenses.

Exemplifying 4) and 5), I have a rebel base sandbagging level 8 (level 8 attack / level 5 defenses) and while my rivals have defenses lower than my attack, I attack with buffed Jets (level 8, skins level 2) , Ithorians (level 3), Gamorrean (level 1), Vanguards (level 4) and Senator Leia / Captain Solo (level 7, skins level 2), I always get 3 stars and there are still troops for the next attack. Rarely use SC troops and use 1-2 B Bombers if there are clustered turrets (ships level 7 against turrets generally levels 6/7 - I do not have Fangs ou TXs unlocked for this account).

Pretty much the same loadout for my Rebel base level 8 maxed out, but here all heroes are level 8 and I have Fangs (level 6) and TXs (skin level 4), but as I only use Chewie + Falcon, anyway I need to wait for the 9min 20s to use Chewie again, it's enough time to fill the transports with buffed Jets (Skins level 5) because all my rivals are 1 or 2 levels above me, and Jets are the only way to get the victory, but if I'm in a hurry I build TXs. In most of my atacks, is rare I use SC troops and 1 or 2 Fangs if the opponent has IDT traps or troops in SC.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Tomato
Commodore

Post#9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 am

mkenobi wrote:I agree with the introduction of a perk to reduce the cooking time of ships at least.

2) everyone wants to attack with 14-17 jets/jumps to get an easy win at the expense of long periods of training, so vary your loadout by building tanks to use with TXs (they're a good alternative to jets/jumps) , and mercenaries, and cut the time in half.

3) Do not upgrade an important unit unnecessarily when there is no real benefit in increasing damage / health. This is the case of Kubaz / Ithorian, Security Droid / Drabatan, Tie Striker / Fang, etc.

#2 Will need to try TXs again. I usually hop between Hoth (upgraded HFs) and tat. But yeah not using factories is a big PiTA

#3) I'm a heavy Kubaz user so I've upgrading that like crazy, the rest I don't touch.

But I don't understand WTF the devs are doing. They keep on introducing these new units that suck, have huge cook times. Like why bother. There surely is better ways of getting our Gems.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

mkenobi
Major General

Post#10 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 am

Tomato wrote:
mkenobi wrote:I agree with the introduction of a perk to reduce the cooking time of ships at least.

#2 Will need to try TXs again. I usually hop between Hoth (upgraded HFs) and tat. But yeah not using factories is a big PiTA

#3) I'm a heavy Kubaz user so I've upgrading that like crazy, the rest I don't touch.

But I don't understand WTF the devs are doing. They keep on introducing these new units that suck, have huge cook times. Like why bother. There surely is better ways of getting our Gems.

Yes, I'm a heavy user of Kubaz/Ithorian too. Game got much more easy after I have unlocked these units.

I abandoned the stupid eAT-AT after unlock the Kubaz (it's level 5 now, with frags to level 7 - but I won't upgrade him anymore because of cooking time). Now I only use Lord Vader (level 9 with skin level 5 = buffed heavy), and about 4 Kubaz, so it worths waiting 9min20s to use Vader again while the Kubaz are training (3min40s at level 5) when I am on Tatooine fighting full level 10 Rebel bases.

And I came back to play as Rebel after get unlock the Ithorian. It was the most hard unit to unlock, and I couldn't believe I had them unlocked. I could finally drop the old dying-fast Juggernaut to the dust and save the jug 20 UCs for more Jets or TXs. I think I will keep my Ithorian at level 2, I have to use about 4 Ithorians for any attack against level 9-10 bases.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Return to “General Discussions”