I agree with the introduction of a perk to reduce the cooking time of ships at least.
Cooking time has always been a problem for all of us and a way for Disney to make more money from players using crystals to rush the loading of troops / vehicles / ships, especially during wars when you do not know how long you will have the advantage of the Outposts. Because of this, I doubt that one day they will reduce the cooking time. But there are ways to get around this by being creative.
1) Use but do not waste samples in your HQ, especially heroes, special troops and ships, save them to use in emergencies, especially in wars, and choose units that you do not use to complete transports and be used to bait and attract SC or GR troops and save important units.
2) everyone wants to attack with 14-17 jets/jumps to get an easy win at the expense of long periods of training, so vary your loadout by building tanks to use with TXs (they're a good alternative to jets/jumps) , and mercenaries, and cut the time in half.
3) Do not upgrade an important unit unnecessarily when there is no real benefit in increasing damage / health. This is the case of Kubaz / Ithorian, Security Droid / Drabatan, Tie Striker / Fang, etc.
4) See what troops you really need to use and upgrade them based on the level of your opponents (remember that higher your base strength/number of medals are, the stronger your rivals will be). If you control your base level/medals you control the level of your opponents.
5) Heroes are practically superfluous when you already have skins for jets/jumps, but at level 7 Leia, Han, Chewie have 4min 30s of cooking time versus 9min 20s at level 8. If you are level 8 like me, and have skins for them, keep them at level 7, the skins compensate for the loss of one level, and you will have a hero ready every 4min, and this helps me to save time during the tour of the heroic defenses.
Exemplifying 4) and 5), I have a rebel base sandbagging level 8 (level 8 attack / level 5 defenses) and while my rivals have defenses lower than my attack, I attack with buffed Jets (level 8, skins level 2) , Ithorians (level 3), Gamorrean (level 1), Vanguards (level 4) and Senator Leia / Captain Solo (level 7, skins level 2), I always get 3 stars and there are still troops for the next attack. Rarely use SC troops and use 1-2 B Bombers if there are clustered turrets (ships level 7 against turrets generally levels 6/7 - I do not have Fangs ou TXs unlocked for this account).
Pretty much the same loadout for my Rebel base level 8 maxed out, but here all heroes are level 8 and I have Fangs (level 6) and TXs (skin level 4), but as I only use Chewie + Falcon, anyway I need to wait for the 9min 20s to use Chewie again, it's enough time to fill the transports with buffed Jets (Skins level 5) because all my rivals are 1 or 2 levels above me, and Jets are the only way to get the victory, but if I'm in a hurry I build TXs. In most of my atacks, is rare I use SC troops and 1 or 2 Fangs if the opponent has IDT traps or troops in SC.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!
Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)