Best Imperial Load out for Tat?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Tamarack
Commodore

Best Imperial Load out for Tat?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:50 pm

HI All.

I'm a lvl 10 player with most of my basic equipment (non-skinned) at lvl 10. What is the best load out, including skins, for Tatooine?

Currently I use:
Vetern ATA
Jump Jets
Tanks
Sniper
Stormtroopers

These are all LVL 10.

The skins I use are:
LVL 1 Rodian
LVL 2 Jump Jet
LVL 3 Tanks
LVL 5 stormtroopers

I tend to get slaughtered, a lot, on Tat... Sometimes I toss in a Lvl 10 Vader with a lvl 4 Lord Vader skin on him.
Should I be using heavy stormies along with some healer droids?

Heck, even willing to use the crazy horse. :/

I find that I'm slaughtered by the rebel sc reserves and their jets out of the sc.

Thanks in advance.

Tamarack
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!

ObiTwo
Commodore

Re: Best Imperial Load out for Tat?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 pm

It's less about your load out and more about your attacking strategy. If the SC is killing you, you either need to blow it up before it trips (kessen snipe or blow the shields and air strike it) or, you need to bait them out and kill them while they are moving or focused on another unit such as Vader spinning.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#3 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:49 pm

I generally skip bases until I find one with no droideka's active, I assume this means they have been attacked recently and therefore higher chance they have no defenders in the squad centre. This seems to hold true about 2/3 of the time.
Also, I only attack bases which have GR flashing if the barracks/factory are in the open unshielded so I can take them out quickly before they start spawning.
Then, I use single stormtroopers to trigger any sonics before deploying jumps nearby.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - Hotfix_Reborn

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 pm

If you have kubuz unlocked, take one or two of them along to get shields or the SC
I like using a gamo too, either to soak some turret damage from the jumps, or as the lure in an opposite corner for GR.
My other advice would be forget about tat and hang out elsewhere. Erk is pretty easy these days.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Tat and Er’kit aren’t easy, so it’s not just you. This is what I use, but there is a very specific strategy to make it work.

Vader
Jumps
3 kubaz
1 twilek
1 shock
5 or 6 storms

Starships are 2 strikers and 6 t-5s.

Try to find bases where your kubaz can easily reach at least two of the shields covering the squad center. Look for gaps in walls or walls that are not glowing. Deploy 1 kubaz at a time to destroy the shields and trip the SC and any nearby sonic turrets. If there are no gaps, drop the twilek right next to a wall and within turret range. She’ll die and make a hole for your kubaz. Save one of your kubaz for the next step. By this time there will be a bunch of jets circling the SC (if there are sullustans, hit the SC directly with one striker to kill them). Immediately drop your last kubaz and vader right behind it followed by a row of jumps about 10 spaces wide. The kubaz will quickly die and the jets will retarget vader. Be ready to twirl when that happens. Hopefully by now your jumps are catching up to vader but there will proabably be a bunch of GR regs and banthas in their path. Drop tie strikers to clear them out and allow your jumps to nuke the SC jets before Vader’s twirl ends and any nearby sonics recharge. If you don’t have a strikers ready, a few bikes can fill this role. You’ll typically want to drop a t-5 on vader and the mass of jumps right at the end of the twirl as this is typically when your stuff is going to get nailed hard by several sonic turrets. As vader is healing, scroll up and deploy your shock trooper somewhere in the middle of the map and spread your storms to clean up any outlying buildings. Get back to vader and keep him above 50% health with t-5s and twirl again as soon as possible if he’s drawing fire from more than one turret. If all goes well, you’ll at the very least 2-star most bases this way. It does take practice and getting a feel for the timing, but it is an effective attack.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 pm

I find Er'Kit way easier then Tat nowadays.

I tend to use the same load out for most of the planets:

8 Jumps (L10 w/ Armory Skin)
12 Storms (L10 w/ Armory Skin)
1 Lugga (L7)
1 Shock (L10)
3 Tanks (L10 w/ Armory Skin)
2 Bikes (L10)

Hero:
Red Guard (L10 w/ Armory Skin)
Vader (L10 w/ Armory Skin)
E ATAT

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Plagueis wrote:Tat and Er’kit aren’t easy, so it’s not just you. This is what I use, but there is a very specific strategy to make it work.

Vader
Jumps
3 kubaz
1 twilek
1 shock
5 or 6 storms

Try to find bases where your kubaz can easily reach at least two of the shields covering the squad center. Look for gaps in walls or walls that are not glowing. Deploy 1 kubaz at a time to destroy the shields and trip the SC and any nearby sonic turrets. If there are no gaps, drop the twilek right next to a wall and within turret range. She’ll die and make a hole for your kubaz. Save one of your kubaz for the next step. By this time there will be a bunch of jets circling the SC (if there are sullustans, hit the SC directly with one striker to kill them). Immediately drop your last kubaz and vader right behind it followed by a row of jumps about 10 spaces wide. The kubaz will quickly die and the jets will retarget vader. Be ready to twirl when that happens. Hopefully by now your jumps are catching up to vader but there will proabably be a bunch of GR regs and banthas in their path. Drop tie strikers to clear them out and allow your jumps to nuke the SC jets before Vader’s twirl ends and any nearby sonics recharge. If you don’t have a strikers ready, a few bikes can fill this role. You’ll typically want to drop a t-5 on vader and the mass of jumps right at the end of the twirl as this is typically when your stuff is going to get nailed hard by several sonic turrets. As vader is healing, scroll up and deploy your shock trooper somewhere in the middle of the map and spread your storms to clean up any outlying buildings. Get back to vader and keep him above 50% health with t-5s and twirl again as soon as possible if he’s drawing fire from more than one turret. If all goes well, you’ll at the very least 2-star most bases this way. It does take practice and getting a feel for the timing, but it is an effective attack.

... “aren’t easy”, and you previously procaimed that everyone wins more than 99% of their attacks. Sic.

geoman48
Major General

Post#8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Jaykoz3 wrote:I find Er'Kit way easier then Tat nowadays.

As a rebel I will confirm this. I tend to stay on Tat most of the time. I venture of tat mostly for crate chasing, but i typically end my day on tat. About a year ago, it was Er'Kit. Then guard reserve or something came along and Empire players decided to take back the Sith homeworld.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:25 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Tat and Er’kit aren’t easy, so it’s not just you. This is what I use, but there is a very specific strategy to make it work.

Vader
Jumps
3 kubaz
1 twilek
1 shock
5 or 6 storms

... “aren’t easy”, and you previously procaimed that everyone wins more than 99% of their attacks. Sic.

Does “aren’t easy” somehow denote a win rate of less than 99%? How little you think of players who put in the time and practice to win consistently. If a player beats a dev base and then beats a max 10 base, they still won. The difficulty doesn’t matter if the end results are the same.

How many players do you think attack dev bases or squishy pvp bases in conflicts and win at least 99 out of 100 times? You say it’s less but are those players skipping to find an easy base or are they going after loot against an opponent who will probably wreck them on defense? The point is, it’s choice. I win most of the time on tat, but I will never say it’s easy. I just have to find an opponent that I feel like I can beat and pay attention more, but odds are I’ll win. It doesn’t change the ratio. I can win 100+ in a row easily this way and I can’t feel sorry for someone who complains about not winning when they’re only chasing targets with 30k+ CB on tat and not understanding there’s a reason why this player has so much CB and why other players haven’t taken it yet. Again, it’s not skill, it’s choice. And I don’t get why you chose to ignore the last sentence:

“It does take practice and getting a feel for the timing, but it is an effective attack.”

That should tell you that yes, the technique is hard but I have it down and it works and not “I faceplant every time because tat is hard”. It’s not a “silver bullet” that works every time with no skill involved. It takes practice to develop that skill combined with chosing targets where it will work. Do you attack randomly in squad wars or do you choose the base you’re most likely to 3-star?

Also, you do realize there are other planets for people to go to that are much easier and other strategies that YES, anyone can use to win 99% of the time after a few skips at the most. Sometimes I have no idea you try to call me out on stuff.

Xinix
Major General

Post#10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 am

Plagueis wrote: If there are no gaps, drop the twilek right next to a wall and within turret range. She’ll die and make a hole for your kubaz.

That is a great suggestion ... still having problems with square fully walled bases with untriggerable SCs. Def. gonna try that.

Return to “General Discussions”