To upgrade Kubaz or not???

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
shazahm1
Captain

To upgrade Kubaz or not???

Post#1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Currently my Kubaz is at level 5. I have enough frags to upgrade it to level 7. Is there really any benefit to upgrading it further? The shields do not last any longer do they? The thing usually dies immediately after its shields go down so the little bit of health and damage bump it gets from a higher level does not seem worth the increase cook time.

Thoughts?

TSQL
Commodore

Re: To upgrade Kubaz or not???

Post#2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 pm

I have a 10 and don't see any benefit. Its a 5 min 40 sec cook @ 10 btw.
Officer in JediTempleBlue
Windows Refugee

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Probably no. I have max kubaz and honestly they aren’t any better than lvl 5’s. Lvling just gets you a longer training time for them which I’m not sure can be considered an upgrade.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm

I upgraded mine to level 9 (thanks to all the bonus frags in the recent EP event). The shield doesn't last any longer. He has more health and damage but normally once the shield is gone he gets taken out instantly by turrets regardless. It is now painful having to wait 5 mins to build (especially as I normally have 3 of them in my load out). You may be better off leaving him at level 5 until you can no longer resist the temptation to upgrade.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

YourFather
Major General

Post#5 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Not sure if it's necessary by now but I just wanted to agree with the posts. There's definitely a tipping point between training time and effectiveness in battle. I'm not sure of the level but I enjoyed my kubaz the most at 6 or 7.

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:01 pm

As a shield killer, zero benefit. But for other roles it can be helpful, clean up on the outside once shields are down or as resource collector, having more health can be helpful to survive longer, perhaps even walk away from a stray trap.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

Euph
Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:06 pm

ObiTwo wrote:As a shield killer, zero benefit. But for other roles it can be helpful, clean up on the outside once shields are down or as resource collector, having more health can be helpful to survive longer, perhaps even walk away from a stray trap.

Pretty much this. If you mostly use Kubaz as shield busters and sonic bait, keep them as low level as possible for the shorter cook time. If you use them as backup looters, it may be worth upgrading them a bit for the extra damage.

I've kept mine at L2. If I want L10s for looting I'll pluck samples out of the HQ.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#8 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:08 pm

High level Kubaz/Infiltrator is very effective in taking out resource buildings. The extra health may be enough to take down the second shield in some case, depending on the layout.

Only draw back is the cook time.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:02 pm

I'd stick with Sky pilots for looting. Same uc, and a 30 second cook time. Plus, you can get lucky with the tie fighters occasionally.

Piper139
Major General

Post#10 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Main benefit is getting them maxed so you stop getting the frags in bonus crates
Retired

Return to “General Discussions”