Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
YourFather
Major General

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#31 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 am

darthdoodie wrote:
YourFather wrote:Well, with your arrogant contributions to this thread, perhaps for once the empire can get a 20 page bitch fest :)

Alas you beat me to it

YourFather wrote:I was going to let this die but it occurred to me the reason why I get pulled into so many arguments with people on here is due to my disdain for poor argumentation and their expectation of being validated, regardless of merit.
Come on Piper, I've read your posts since the playdom forum and I know you're capable of much more than you're giving.

:oops:

Yes, what you butted your nose into (I can't see why you ever jumped in on this topic as it doesn't concern you) is me trying to get someone to react. It's something I've openly admitted to on the forum more than once. My posts are intended to incite reaction, argumentation and a thought process.

Admittedly, all I've incited this time were straw-man attacks and school-yard blameshifting. I expected a bit more from everyone involved.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#32 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 am

You know things just got real when someone utters the words “straw-man”. I always picture the Scarecrow from the wizard of oz and it makes me giggle a little bit.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#33 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:31 am

https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/

Use that page if you want accurate stats.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#34 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 pm

YourFather wrote:Yes, what you butted your nose into (I can't see why you ever jumped in on this topic as it doesn't concern you)

Public forum, I (and anyone else) can respond. Start a DM if you want others' noses out

YourFather wrote:is me trying to get someone to react. It's something I've openly admitted to on the forum more than once. My posts are intended to incite reaction, argumentation and a thought process.

You aren't the only one. I said this earlier

YourFather wrote:Admittedly, all I've incited this time were straw-man attacks and school-yard blameshifting. I expected a bit more from everyone involved.

Maybe your expectations need to be readjusted

I'll butt out of your conversation now. All the best

ALSW
Captain

Post#35 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 am

In reference to the stats, we also need to look at the "damage per clip". For example, rebs' rapid turret first clip is higher than the imps'; but subsequently less effective as the seconds pass compared to imps' (see the time between clips). In other words, a clustered number of rebs' turrets would work more efficiently than a lone turret. But of course only for that first clip and survive for that next shot.

Possible reason why the imps' rapids differ from the rebs' is because rebs' were using troops and meds while imps were using slower atat/mechs and repairs. This of course no longer relevant since both sides mainly load jumps/jets.

Edit:
Any tweak to the troops or turrets, would also mean a change to the way wars are balanced between sides.
Level 50 Max Squad Perks
Group of working adults that prioritize family first.
Recruiting now. Spaces available for active players.
Lord AL

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#36 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:23 am

YourFather wrote:It's something I've openly admitted to on the forum more than once. My posts are intended to incite reaction, argumentation and a thought process.

Admittedly, all I've incited this time were straw-man attacks and school-yard blameshifting. I expected a bit more from everyone involved.

Got it... rare someone admits they are a troll.... I guess at least you’re open about it..

YourFather
Major General

Post#37 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm

darthdoodie wrote:
YourFather wrote:

YourFather wrote:I expected a bit more from everyone involved.

Maybe your expectations need to be readjusted

Finally, you get what I'm saying.

YourFather
Major General

Post#38 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 pm

DCReborn wrote:
YourFather wrote:It's something I've openly admitted to on the forum more than once. My posts are intended to incite reaction, argumentation and a thought process.

Got it... rare someone admits they are a troll.... I guess at least you’re open about it..

Trolls only try to get your temperature to rise. I'm actually wanting you guys to say something intelligent on here.

Piper139
Major General

Post#39 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:35 pm

My apologies for tone of my earlier posts. I should know better than to get on when I'm in a pisses off mood. That said, I still believe that some posters (both sides) are unwilling to really listen to valid complaints. My view of current status.

As a hq10 imp close to 50k medals, skins and gr in the 3 to 5 range, base max except walls and few random buildings. Boring as hell. Running a hd base with l3 rodians skins. Push button and make a sandwich for hds. Win a fair amount of PvP defenses with snipes and a med in sc. Everywhere but tat [go figure) it's baby bases or broke dev bases. I got to tat when bored and re if I can remember how to hit real bases.

As a hq10 rebel closing in on 30k medals (it's my mini), about half turrets max, shields 9, mostly max troops, skins and gr 3 to 5, it's a lot tougher. Hds are winnable but usually require heroes or air. Tat is relatively easy (again go figure). Green plants are hell. Any is guaranteed loss if i goof up and hit someone with high gr snipes. They may not be good vs high jump skins but they shred my lower level ones. My jets with skin in sc are quite effective. However, the synergy between gr sniper skins, rodians skin, and snipers in sc that exists in my imp base is lacking in my rebel base. I notice that a lot.

Heroes. I'm a kessen user and don't care much for the others. I use Vader and 501st skin some on imp base. Luke is ok in wars or occasional dead base when raiding. Haven't used elite at (in any version) or elite at te in recent memory. Just my preference. I like to keep my attacks on both bases similar so I don't do stupid stuff thinking I'm on the other base.

Again, apologies for adding fuel to the fire. I would ask that others also be more open to the idea that one's experiences don't invalidate what others are experiencing.
Leader Sith-Society HQ 10 Medals 40k 4 openings
Leader Havoc_u4ea HQ 10 Medals 17k 0 openings

Boog
Admiral

Post#40 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 pm

I dunno, I've scouted your rebel base on Tat many times, and attacked it maybe 4-5 times. Your guard reserve has always been off; I *think* the SC has been empty, but maybe there were jets in there? You've had a bunch of turret buffs on as I recall. What's up with that?

Return to “General Discussions”